Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone tried an Aeropress? 19:39 - May 29 with 864 viewsghostofescobar

Any good? I like my coffee, especially bat sh1t strong. Not sure if this is a way forward.

GhostOfEscobar

Has anyone tried an Aeropress? on 19:54 - May 29 with 824 viewsmrfixit426

They're great. I was introduced to them by a work colleague who is a coffee fanatic. He got me testing all different types of coffee using an aeropress. The difference in tastes was amazing. I swear one coffee he made was like biting into a crisp apple.

Finally got one last Christmas and it's brilliant. I much prefer the results than the nespresso machine we have. Not as convenient though. You have to invest 5 mins rather than 30 secs making your coffee.
Has anyone tried an Aeropress? on 19:57 - May 29 with 808 viewsmonytowbray

Best way to make coffee if you do it correctly. Well easy to clean too.

Also i get Air Hostess by Busted stuck in my head every time I use it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Has anyone tried an Aeropress? on 20:03 - May 29 with 790 viewsblueconscience

Yes, had one for work. It is a little hit and miss. Some cups can be lovely, others not so much. But if you like it very strong, it will be fine for you.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Has anyone tried an Aeropress? on 11:22 - May 30 with 637 viewsX0Y0

It’s very good for longer coffees - makes a tasty cup with a good range of flavour, relatively strong but without the bitterness (if done correctly). They feel a bit fiddly at first but actually are pretty simple after a little practice. Takes about 1 minute to prep, plus they are very easy to clean/rinse after.

If you truly want a portable manual espresso then you should get a Nanopresso. They’re amazing - it has a little pump on the side which enables you build pressure, and this will create a strong shot of espresso with real crema. However, they do have more parts and are definitely more fiddly to get used to and wash up etc. Perfect in particular for anyone that regularly travels. You can even use pods with them, or it comes with pods to pack your own.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 14:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024