Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not heard or read anything on this recently but.. 08:26 - May 30 with 844 viewsFixed_It

...weren't there genuine fears of high death rates in the slum areas of many of the poorer countries due to poor sanitary conditions and overcrowding? Have they dodged a bullet so far, or are we just too wrapped up in our own situation?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Not heard or read anything on this recently but.. on 08:35 - May 30 with 813 viewshype313

From what I have read the favelas in Sao Paulo have been hit extremely hard, the death toll is alot higher than official figures suggest.

However, on the flip side Africa seems to be coping well, given the sanitation and poverty they endure, but lots of people saying they aren't suffering as much as the West due to a younger demographic and the fact that most of the time they are in outdoor spaces.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 8:36]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not heard or read anything on this recently but.. on 08:37 - May 30 with 795 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well I did read this yesterday....is 2 in every hospital bed bad enough!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/29/india-mumbai-hospitals-overwhelmed

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Not heard or read anything on this recently but.. on 10:08 - May 30 with 701 viewsFixed_It

Not heard or read anything on this recently but.. on 08:37 - May 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well I did read this yesterday....is 2 in every hospital bed bad enough!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/29/india-mumbai-hospitals-overwhelmed

Thanks. Pretty grim - the death toll could be horrendous.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Not heard or read anything on this recently but.. on 10:08 - May 30 with 694 viewsFixed_It

Not heard or read anything on this recently but.. on 08:35 - May 30 by hype313

From what I have read the favelas in Sao Paulo have been hit extremely hard, the death toll is alot higher than official figures suggest.

However, on the flip side Africa seems to be coping well, given the sanitation and poverty they endure, but lots of people saying they aren't suffering as much as the West due to a younger demographic and the fact that most of the time they are in outdoor spaces.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 8:36]

Cheers.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024