Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been shopping this morning 12:45 - May 30 with 4402 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Social distancing is a thing of the past.

Yes, many people are still trying to do it but in the greengrocers they have a clear one-way system and only 3 in the shop at once but 2 different older ladies physically brushed past me because they couldn't wait for me to pick up a few veg.

Then at Morrisons the shop seemed busier and there were a lot of times where with shoppers in both sides of the aisle people just walked straight down the centre between them/us. Then outside there was a group of older men with scooters (at least 7 of them) and no social distancing at all between them.

If the second wave is not at least as big as the first it will be through good fortune rather than common sense and good judgement.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Been shopping this morning on 12:49 - May 30 with 3218 viewsbrazil1982

It's barely ever been observed at the supermarkets near me. People cant be bothered to wait.

It reminds me of restricted speed zones, I seem to be the only driver to observe it.
Been shopping this morning on 12:51 - May 30 with 3184 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s been like that up here for the past five weeks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Been shopping this morning on 12:55 - May 30 with 3174 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Been shopping this morning on 12:49 - May 30 by brazil1982

It's barely ever been observed at the supermarkets near me. People cant be bothered to wait.

It reminds me of restricted speed zones, I seem to be the only driver to observe it.

For me (same time and same supermarket and greengrocers), there was the odd one but it now seems many more.

Been shopping this morning on 13:01 - May 30 with 3150 viewsSpruceMoose

Stupid people + boredom + time = higher risk tolerance and less concern for others.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 13:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Been shopping this morning on 13:06 - May 30 with 3129 viewsJ2BLUE

In my experience, BBQ weather combined with days off = masses of dickheads flocking to supermarkets.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Been shopping this morning on 13:10 - May 30 with 3099 viewsgtsb1966

It's getting a bit hard for me to social distance as I'm getting so fat!!!
Been shopping this morning on 13:13 - May 30 with 3084 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Been shopping this morning on 13:10 - May 30 by gtsb1966

It's getting a bit hard for me to social distance as I'm getting so fat!!!

Surely that makes it easier? A 2 m radius should do the trick.

Been shopping this morning on 13:18 - May 30 with 3069 viewsfactual_blue

Been shopping this morning on 13:06 - May 30 by J2BLUE

In my experience, BBQ weather combined with days off = masses of dickheads flocking to supermarkets.

BBQs are for the terminally dim set on giving each other food poisoning, exacerbated by drunkenness and sunburn.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Been shopping this morning on 13:22 - May 30 with 3053 viewsgiant_stow

Just back from shopping myself and agrre: lockdown is effectively over, bar a few closed shops.

I guess individuals should take responsibility for that too, but i wish the govt would be honest abput the return to the hers immunity policy. I think if everyone jnee clearly that theyrr on their own, they migjt be more careful.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Been shopping this morning on 13:38 - May 30 with 3023 viewsLankHenners

Been on the slide round here for a while. A few weeks ago everyone queuing up was dressed like they were about to forensically investigate a crime scene but now not a mask or glove in sight. Co-op staff not helping by visibly standing close together having a chat, blocking up aisles and check-outs so the shoppers can't be bothered to space out much either. The 'only 1 adult allowed in if not with children' rule vanished as quickly as it appeared as well.

I think being quite rural has meant people don't think there's as high a risk as being in a town or city, to which there is some logic, but we're not immune.

Local takeaways seem to have got it right though - phone orders only to book time slots, wait outside, only 1 person in the shop at a time etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Been shopping this morning on 13:47 - May 30 with 2980 viewsGlasgowBlue

Been shopping this morning on 13:38 - May 30 by LankHenners

Been on the slide round here for a while. A few weeks ago everyone queuing up was dressed like they were about to forensically investigate a crime scene but now not a mask or glove in sight. Co-op staff not helping by visibly standing close together having a chat, blocking up aisles and check-outs so the shoppers can't be bothered to space out much either. The 'only 1 adult allowed in if not with children' rule vanished as quickly as it appeared as well.

I think being quite rural has meant people don't think there's as high a risk as being in a town or city, to which there is some logic, but we're not immune.

Local takeaways seem to have got it right though - phone orders only to book time slots, wait outside, only 1 person in the shop at a time etc.

Would it also be fair to say that we are no longer petrified of catching the virus? That after nearly ten weeks of behaving ourselves and the majority having little exposure to the harsh reality of death , we are more “relaxed” about catching it.

Not saying anyone wants to catch it but the fear seems to have gone.

Iron Lion Zion

Been shopping this morning on 14:05 - May 30 with 2939 viewsjaykay

Been shopping this morning on 13:22 - May 30 by giant_stow

Just back from shopping myself and agrre: lockdown is effectively over, bar a few closed shops.

I guess individuals should take responsibility for that too, but i wish the govt would be honest abput the return to the hers immunity policy. I think if everyone jnee clearly that theyrr on their own, they migjt be more careful.

i think most are following cummings rules now. don't want to stereotype you , but are your fingers getting to big for your phone

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Been shopping this morning on 14:10 - May 30 with 2928 viewsLankHenners

Been shopping this morning on 13:47 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

Would it also be fair to say that we are no longer petrified of catching the virus? That after nearly ten weeks of behaving ourselves and the majority having little exposure to the harsh reality of death , we are more “relaxed” about catching it.

For sure, a lot of people feel they can return to a more 'normal' life without worrying they're going to get it.

The problem is if everyone starts getting relaxed about it then we could be headed for trouble.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Been shopping this morning on 14:19 - May 30 with 2905 viewsWeWereZombies

Been shopping this morning on 12:51 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

It’s been like that up here for the past five weeks.

Been wondering how things were in the Central Belt. On Skye things were fairly relaxed and casual, with only partial adherence to the measures announced, until the epidemic hit the Home Farm Care Home. Quite strictly observed now and Portree is as quite as the gr...err, very quiet now.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Been shopping this morning on 14:27 - May 30 with 2877 viewsGlasgowBlue

Been shopping this morning on 14:19 - May 30 by WeWereZombies

Been wondering how things were in the Central Belt. On Skye things were fairly relaxed and casual, with only partial adherence to the measures announced, until the epidemic hit the Home Farm Care Home. Quite strictly observed now and Portree is as quite as the gr...err, very quiet now.

As soon as the debate started around face masks there was a massive increase of people wandering around in masks acting as if they were now immune.

Supermarket shopping became intolerable.

Iron Lion Zion

Been shopping this morning on 14:54 - May 30 with 2815 viewsBlueBadger

Been shopping this morning on 14:27 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

As soon as the debate started around face masks there was a massive increase of people wandering around in masks acting as if they were now immune.

Supermarket shopping became intolerable.

The other day, I had to gently suggest to a gentlemen with very, very obvious COPD(barrel chest, clubbed fingers and obviously short of breath walking up the aisle of the supermarket) that yes, it was nice to get out but perhaps he'd be a lot safer waiting outside for his wife than coming in to help her.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 14:54]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Been shopping this morning on 14:57 - May 30 with 2802 viewsEly_Blue

Ely is still very civilised, it’s just the stupid girl on the door at 8.15 this morning herding people in like she was ushering the kids onto the school bus for the field trip to Southwold

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Been shopping this morning on 15:04 - May 30 with 2786 viewsFtnfwest

Letchworth Herts very quiet still, no queue at all for the supermarket. Noticed a subway open and local bakers but that was about the only change. Morrison’s had opened up the self serve tills as they’d put in a load of screens.
Been shopping this morning on 15:12 - May 30 with 2763 viewsStokieBlue

The larger groupings have also already started.

Big 40th birthday balloons in the park with loads of booze and loads of people. 6 might start on Monday but looks like they jumped directly to the end of June.

In the end it's up to them, none of them probably have it so it's probably fine - it's just the ignoring of rules that are meant for everyone that rankles but Cummings has given everyone an out on that as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Been shopping this morning on 15:17 - May 30 with 2750 viewssparks

Been shopping this morning on 15:12 - May 30 by StokieBlue

The larger groupings have also already started.

Big 40th birthday balloons in the park with loads of booze and loads of people. 6 might start on Monday but looks like they jumped directly to the end of June.

In the end it's up to them, none of them probably have it so it's probably fine - it's just the ignoring of rules that are meant for everyone that rankles but Cummings has given everyone an out on that as well.

SB

Save that those attendees will then be in supermarkets, garden centres, shops etc with people who are potentially vulnerable. So if by chance they do get it- its not just their welfare at stake.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Been shopping this morning on 15:30 - May 30 with 2707 viewsfactual_blue

Been shopping this morning on 13:22 - May 30 by giant_stow

If only you were a bit more careful with your typing. That's the extra digits getting in the way, isn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Been shopping this morning on 16:06 - May 30 with 2620 viewsStokieBlue

Been shopping this morning on 15:17 - May 30 by sparks

Save that those attendees will then be in supermarkets, garden centres, shops etc with people who are potentially vulnerable. So if by chance they do get it- its not just their welfare at stake.

I've not said I agree they should be doing it, in fact quite the opposite, I agree with your position.

However in the scenario I put if they don't have it them going elsewhere afterwards doesn't have the affect you've posted. I do however entirely agree they shouldn't be doing it and that everyone should be sticking to the rules.

The issue is that the government response to Cummings has made that all but impossible.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Been shopping this morning on 16:08 - May 30 with 2617 viewsSarge

Been shopping this morning on 13:47 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

Hopefully. Most people shouldn’t have been petrified in the first place what with the majority of people experiencing mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.
Been shopping this morning on 16:24 - May 30 with 2576 viewsjeera

Been shopping this morning on 16:08 - May 30 by Sarge

Hopefully. Most people shouldn’t have been petrified in the first place what with the majority of people experiencing mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.

Many people are trying to protect others mate.

It's important to remember that, which is why everyone's space needs to be respected.

I had some stupid woman whining because she was asked to stick to the system in a shop after repeatedly ignoring it.

But she has no idea who other shoppers have at home they're concerned for.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Been shopping this morning on 16:26 - May 30 with 2570 viewsSarge

Been shopping this morning on 16:24 - May 30 by jeera

Many people are trying to protect others mate.

It's important to remember that, which is why everyone's space needs to be respected.

I had some stupid woman whining because she was asked to stick to the system in a shop after repeatedly ignoring it.

But she has no idea who other shoppers have at home they're concerned for.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t do that, I’m saying it’s not worth racking yourself with anxiety and being too fearful to go about your life because for most people it’s not going to be that bad, assuming you’re unfortunate enough to catch it in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024