Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been shopping this morning 12:45 - May 30 with 4403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Social distancing is a thing of the past.

Yes, many people are still trying to do it but in the greengrocers they have a clear one-way system and only 3 in the shop at once but 2 different older ladies physically brushed past me because they couldn't wait for me to pick up a few veg.

Then at Morrisons the shop seemed busier and there were a lot of times where with shoppers in both sides of the aisle people just walked straight down the centre between them/us. Then outside there was a group of older men with scooters (at least 7 of them) and no social distancing at all between them.

If the second wave is not at least as big as the first it will be through good fortune rather than common sense and good judgement.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Been shopping this morning on 16:26 - May 30 with 1163 viewssolemio

Been shopping this morning on 13:18 - May 30 by factual_blue

BBQs are for the terminally dim set on giving each other food poisoning, exacerbated by drunkenness and sunburn.

I'd love to be able to call you a miserable old (young) peasant.
The problem with that is that I agree with you - so I'm hoping you actually meant it!
Been shopping this morning on 16:44 - May 30 with 1136 viewsFixed_It

Been shopping this morning on 16:26 - May 30 by Sarge

I’m not saying they shouldn’t do that, I’m saying it’s not worth racking yourself with anxiety and being too fearful to go about your life because for most people it’s not going to be that bad, assuming you’re unfortunate enough to catch it in the first place.

Bet you'd love Russian Roulette!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Been shopping this morning on 16:55 - May 30 with 1119 viewsjaykay

Been shopping this morning on 15:30 - May 30 by factual_blue

If only you were a bit more careful with your typing. That's the extra digits getting in the way, isn't it?

you suffering from the same condition as our master cummings, in your sight could be
affected*
* is it a noun or a verb

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Been shopping this morning on 16:56 - May 30 with 1120 viewsjas0999

There is no social distancing. Hasn’t been for weeks. Only yesterday someone reached right across me in the supermarket.
Been shopping this morning on 17:04 - May 30 with 1111 viewsbrogansnose

I've worked so far through this and I've been having to implement distancing and lone working as much as possible on site. Its been stressing me tbh but not as much as going shopping has. I went to my local Co - Op today and went round the one way system keeping 2 metres apart which is onerous for everyone but it is what it is. Anyway, bloke brushes past me at which point I let out a ' so we're not doing the 2 metre thing anymore then ?' and he just looks back smirking so I informed him that he was a fkn pr**k. Not my finest moment I'll admit.
Been shopping this morning on 18:03 - May 30 with 1078 viewsSeablu

Our local convenience store has quite narrow aisles so has a 1 in 1 out policy, maximum of x5 customers at any one time.

What boils my blood is the couples draped all over each other who assume one out means they can go in together as they seem medically incapable of letting go of each other.

F*ckers look completely baffled when challenged.
Been shopping this morning on 18:27 - May 30 with 1053 viewsMattinLondon

Been shopping this morning on 13:18 - May 30 by factual_blue

BBQs are for the terminally dim set on giving each other food poisoning, exacerbated by drunkenness and sunburn.

In other words you’re not very good at cooking on a bbq
Been shopping this morning on 18:46 - May 30 with 1030 viewsmidastouch

Just drove 15 miles (30 mile round trip) which is the furthest I've been in a couple of months (apart from when I previously took our critically ill dog to an emergency vet in Newmarket one Sunday evening). Went to a nice place on the Norfolk Broads called Potter Heigham. A few people about but not too many.
On the way home we noticed a place open for strawberry picking so we decided to stop there. It was quite busy but not enough to put us off. The guy that served us (nice friendly guy) said it was the first day they had opened for business this season. What we did notice was that despite it being a huge field with more than enough room for everybody, it was surprising how a lot of people didn't seem bothered about coming close (when there was no need to at all), so I was constantly having to move around with the children (unable to settle in a certain spot for long) in order to keep our distance from others. Some people showed social distancing consideration but others didn't at all. If some people won't keep their distance in a huge strawberry field what chance have you got in a tight compact supermarket!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Login to get fewer ads

Been shopping this morning on 19:17 - May 30 with 964 viewsfactual_blue

Been shopping this morning on 16:26 - May 30 by solemio

I'd love to be able to call you a miserable old (young) peasant.
The problem with that is that I agree with you - so I'm hoping you actually meant it!

| most certainly did mean it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Been shopping this morning on 20:02 - May 30 with 939 viewsjeera

Been shopping this morning on 18:27 - May 30 by MattinLondon

In other words you’re not very good at cooking on a bbq

Which is exactly what I took from that too!

You need to do the bbq properly Facters.

Decent kebabs, lumps of rump steak, lamb chops...
[Post edited 30 May 2020 20:02]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Been shopping this morning on 22:22 - May 30 with 894 viewsronnyd

Been shopping this morning on 20:02 - May 30 by jeera

Which is exactly what I took from that too!

You need to do the bbq properly Facters.

Decent kebabs, lumps of rump steak, lamb chops...
[Post edited 30 May 2020 20:02]

BBQs, Nasty, stinky things. I,m sure my neighbour lights his with aviation fuel.
Been shopping this morning on 22:32 - May 30 with 882 viewsjeera

Been shopping this morning on 22:22 - May 30 by ronnyd

BBQs, Nasty, stinky things. I,m sure my neighbour lights his with aviation fuel.

It's a tricky one really.

Do you warn your neighbour in advance?

Or is it their responsibility to let everyone else know they're also making the most of a nice day by opening their windows wide or hanging out their laundry?

I don't use one here because it's a bit enclosed and would be unfair on neighbours, but that doesn't stop one or two others.

I am looking forward to having the space again to use mine as much as possible, but not to the detriment of others, no.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Been shopping this morning on 22:48 - May 30 with 864 viewsWeWereZombies

Been shopping this morning on 18:46 - May 30 by midastouch

Just drove 15 miles (30 mile round trip) which is the furthest I've been in a couple of months (apart from when I previously took our critically ill dog to an emergency vet in Newmarket one Sunday evening). Went to a nice place on the Norfolk Broads called Potter Heigham. A few people about but not too many.
On the way home we noticed a place open for strawberry picking so we decided to stop there. It was quite busy but not enough to put us off. The guy that served us (nice friendly guy) said it was the first day they had opened for business this season. What we did notice was that despite it being a huge field with more than enough room for everybody, it was surprising how a lot of people didn't seem bothered about coming close (when there was no need to at all), so I was constantly having to move around with the children (unable to settle in a certain spot for long) in order to keep our distance from others. Some people showed social distancing consideration but others didn't at all. If some people won't keep their distance in a huge strawberry field what chance have you got in a tight compact supermarket!

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me
Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields for spreaders...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Been shopping this morning on 22:58 - May 30 with 854 viewsmidastouch

Been shopping this morning on 22:48 - May 30 by WeWereZombies

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me
Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields for spreaders...

Time for some Red Spread Dead Redemption

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024