Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months 18:54 - May 30 with 2953 viewsAbozinoski

4-3-3formation

GK: Holy, H.Wright

RB: Vincent-Young, Edwards
2 CDs: Chambers, Wilson,Skuse, Woolfenden
LB: Garbutt, Nydam

3 CMs: Nolan, Huws, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, El Mizouni

RWF: Jackson, Lankester
CF: Norwood, Sears
LWF: Judge, Dobra

Released/backups?: Nsiala, Donacien, Kenlock, Roberts, Rowe, Keane
22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:15 - May 30 with 2873 viewsWD19

Who would you have managing them?
22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:28 - May 30 with 2845 viewsMattinLondon

All good apart from the fact that Chambers isn’t good enough anymore. Wilson wasn’t good enough in the first place. Skuse is too slow and Woolfenden won’t be here next season. Garbett will probably have offers in the championship as well.

Bishop is too injury prone, as is Huws. Downes won’t be here and Nolan isn’t good enough.

Norwood misses far too many chances and Judge hasn’t been great.
22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:31 - May 30 with 2831 viewssparks

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:28 - May 30 by MattinLondon

All good apart from the fact that Chambers isn’t good enough anymore. Wilson wasn’t good enough in the first place. Skuse is too slow and Woolfenden won’t be here next season. Garbett will probably have offers in the championship as well.

Bishop is too injury prone, as is Huws. Downes won’t be here and Nolan isn’t good enough.

Partnership of Smith and Wollf would be excellent. Strenght int he air- and on the deck. Left and right foot. Goals from the back at set pieces.

KVY right- then we need a LB if Myles isnt to be trusted. i think the team has been consistently better with him in it. Hes not perfect, but he fits the role better than the alternatives. Get rid of Judge.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:31 - May 30 with 2830 viewsChrisd

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:28 - May 30 by MattinLondon

So apart from those little issues, we’re looking good for promotion next season?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:45 - May 30 with 2790 viewsMattinLondon

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:31 - May 30 by Chrisd

So apart from those little issues, we’re looking good for promotion next season?!

Apart from those issues plus the manager thing then yes, 100 points next season.
22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 20:10 - May 30 with 2730 viewsCokeIsKey

While it's true that we probably won't be able to sign anyone, I just can't see us getting promoted if we don't bring anyone in and end up selling Downes and Woolf. The squad is obviously unrealistic, but I think this is the minimum that will get us promoted if we keep Lambert.

GK: Holy, Pryzbek

RB: KVY, Cotter

CB: Smith, Chambo, Woolf, new young center-back with experience in the league. Preferably left-footed.

LB: Nydam, new left-back with experience in league 1 again.

CM: Huws, Bishop, Mizouni, Downes, Dozzell, new cm with good height and physicality for the league but some technicality and ability to pass.

RF: Lancaster, Jackson

CF: Norwood, Tall target man who has scored and assisted in the league before.

LF: Garbutt, Dobra

Obviously a few remaining in the squad. Not really bothered if we keep or sell.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 20:47 - May 30 with 2660 viewsmonty_radio

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:15 - May 30 by WD19

Obviously a critical question. But P.L. hasn't managed a tune out of a stronger squad than that. As the man himself says (almost), the lack of certainty is the only constant. As our challenge dropped away that uncertainty was already the case with the Town. Here's hoping for better (but not currently based on much).
[Post edited 30 May 2020 21:45]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 21:37 - May 30 with 2571 viewsAbozinoski

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:31 - May 30 by sparks

Partnership of Smith and Wollf would be excellent. Strenght int he air- and on the deck. Left and right foot. Goals from the back at set pieces.

KVY right- then we need a LB if Myles isnt to be trusted. i think the team has been consistently better with him in it. Hes not perfect, but he fits the role better than the alternatives. Get rid of Judge.

Yes, we need a new CB. And Tommy could fit the bill. But who do we sell to make room financially?
Login to get fewer ads

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months (n/t) on 21:39 - May 30 with 2565 viewsAbozinoski

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 19:15 - May 30 by WD19

[Post edited 30 May 2020 21:40]
22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 21:41 - May 30 with 2554 viewsAbozinoski

The obvious answer here is "me"... but for now I Will give Lambert until Christmas, before drafting in someone new.
22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 22:45 - May 30 with 2469 viewsPinewoodblue

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 20:10 - May 30 by CokeIsKey

While it's true that we probably won't be able to sign anyone, I just can't see us getting promoted if we don't bring anyone in and end up selling Downes and Woolf. The squad is obviously unrealistic, but I think this is the minimum that will get us promoted if we keep Lambert.

GK: Holy, Pryzbek

RB: KVY, Cotter

CB: Smith, Chambo, Woolf, new young center-back with experience in the league. Preferably left-footed.

LB: Nydam, new left-back with experience in league 1 again.

CM: Huws, Bishop, Mizouni, Downes, Dozzell, new cm with good height and physicality for the league but some technicality and ability to pass.

RF: Lancaster, Jackson

CF: Norwood, Tall target man who has scored and assisted in the league before.

LF: Garbutt, Dobra

Obviously a few remaining in the squad. Not really bothered if we keep or sell.

Ten from our academy

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 23:05 - May 30 with 2444 viewsArnieM

I wonder if we might go back for that young defender we had here On loan ( from Tranmere?.... or PNE?) .... he went back after lockdown started I think .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 23:50 - May 30 with 2402 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Any reasonable 22 from our current squad should be able to take us up. That is why they are on one of the highest wage budgets in the league.

The key will be settling on a team with effective partnerships all over the pitch and effective tactics. This has been missing for far too long this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 00:08 - May 31 with 2386 viewstractordownsouth

Garbs won't be here. Pre-covid I'd have said that neither Woolf or Downes would be here next year but with clubs higher up the chain likely to suffer financially, we may be able to keep hold of one of them.

Smith would seem to be a logical signing - would be an upgrade on Chambers, who will likely play a reduced role next year anyway. However, the fact that Lambert didn't sign him in January despite him training here makes me think that it would be unlikely.

Would be tempted for us to play wingers next season with Dobra, Lankester, El Mizouni and Edwards (sorry Blubfish) taking up those positions. This would mean that investment in full backs would be required. Nydam can do a job at left back, but his injuries may mean he's not up to scratch.

I'd like to see us bring in a striker, but can't think of any obvious names and I doubt we'll be spending any fees this summer anyway.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 07:52 - May 31 with 2251 viewsWeWereZombies

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 23:05 - May 30 by ArnieM

I wonder if we might go back for that young defender we had here On loan ( from Tranmere?.... or PNE?) .... he went back after lockdown started I think .

Josh Earl

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 08:35 - May 31 with 2199 viewsArnieM

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 07:52 - May 31 by WeWereZombies

Josh Earl

Yes that’s the one . I think he could go a job for us and tbh I’d rather someone like him than TS.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 09:39 - May 31 with 2131 viewsChrisd

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 23:50 - May 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Any reasonable 22 from our current squad should be able to take us up. That is why they are on one of the highest wage budgets in the league.

The key will be settling on a team with effective partnerships all over the pitch and effective tactics. This has been missing for far too long this season.

Doesn't necessary mean because they are paid the most, they are the best squad.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 12:50 - May 31 with 2022 viewsPinewoodblue

22 current players to take us into the Championship in 12 months on 09:39 - May 31 by Chrisd

Doesn't necessary mean because they are paid the most, they are the best squad.

Nor that the manager is getting the best out of them as a team.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024