Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prepare for that second wave 23:44 - May 30 with 2578 viewsStokieBlue

At least two helicopters have been buzzing around all night and finally found out why:

I'd blame Cummings but I can't be bothered anymore.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Prepare for that second wave on 23:46 - May 30 with 2549 viewsreusersfreekicks

Should prosecite a few of them. Govt and police need to get serious.
Prepare for that second wave on 23:48 - May 30 with 2536 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This isn't Cummings' fault.

Cummings took the proverbial and should have been sacked as he won't resign and insists on doubling down with ridiculous stories.

However, this is down to stupid people doing stupid things. I would expect these individuals would have done this Cummings or not. In fact I would expect a significant percentage have probably never have heard of him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Prepare for that second wave on 23:50 - May 30 with 2512 viewsjeera

Sad to see this incident today down the South/West coast.

As if their stupidity wasn't enough, spectators thought it would be best to huddle close together to watch the proceedings too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52864454
[Post edited 30 May 2020 23:52]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Prepare for that second wave on 23:59 - May 30 with 2447 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow. People are utter morons.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Prepare for that second wave on 00:00 - May 31 with 2450 viewsN2_Blue

Prepare for that second wave on 23:50 - May 30 by jeera

Sad to see this incident today down the South/West coast.

As if their stupidity wasn't enough, spectators thought it would be best to huddle close together to watch the proceedings too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52864454
[Post edited 30 May 2020 23:52]

erm do you not think this is a case of the people on the beach being cleared by the police to allow space for the helicopters to land rather than huddling to watch proceedings??

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Prepare for that second wave on 00:10 - May 31 with 2426 viewsjeera

Prepare for that second wave on 00:00 - May 31 by N2_Blue

erm do you not think this is a case of the people on the beach being cleared by the police to allow space for the helicopters to land rather than huddling to watch proceedings??

Sigh, yes of course, but not exactly moving quickly in that case. And that's a lot of people in a space considering distancing measures. All flocked down there.

I'm also a bit irritated to be honest that earlier today I'd signed a petition going about atm to save the area's First Response unit as its funding is about to be cut.*

Clearly that's still needed along with the air ambulance if people are going to be jumping into a few feet of water from cliff tops.

Hopefully their injuries are neither life-threatening nor life-changing.

*Bit further than I thought but here's the link: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-swanage-ambulance-car?share=05756f5e

Before the air ambulances:

[Post edited 31 May 2020 0:32]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Prepare for that second wave on 02:40 - May 31 with 2245 viewsBlueBadger

Prepare for that second wave on 23:46 - May 30 by reusersfreekicks

Should prosecite a few of them. Govt and police need to get serious.

Sadly, that horse has bolted. All the way to Barnard Castle.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Prepare for that second wave on 07:38 - May 31 with 2064 viewsHerbivore

People are indeed idiots, which is all the more reason why they need to be given clear and unambiguous guidance, and to not be given easy excuses to consider thsevles an exception to the guidance. The messaging has been all over the place for weeks and #Cumgate has only served to further weaken and dilute the messaging. The government want to give the impression the virus is jnder control but the truth is it's anything but. My big worry is when the second spike hits, and I'm expecting it will fairly soon at this rate, the government lacks both the capability and the authority to make a second lockdown hold for long enough to suppress it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Prepare for that second wave on 08:56 - May 31 with 1902 viewsSitfcB

You mean, you don’t live in Stoke?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Prepare for that second wave on 09:02 - May 31 with 1872 viewsvapour_trail

Can’t convey just how much I’d like to be at a rave right now.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Prepare for that second wave on 09:08 - May 31 with 1844 viewsPinewoodblue

Prepare for that second wave on 07:38 - May 31 by Herbivore

People are indeed idiots, which is all the more reason why they need to be given clear and unambiguous guidance, and to not be given easy excuses to consider thsevles an exception to the guidance. The messaging has been all over the place for weeks and #Cumgate has only served to further weaken and dilute the messaging. The government want to give the impression the virus is jnder control but the truth is it's anything but. My big worry is when the second spike hits, and I'm expecting it will fairly soon at this rate, the government lacks both the capability and the authority to make a second lockdown hold for long enough to suppress it.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/29/18-parts-uk-are-yet-pass-peak-12774699/

Two of the area yet to reach peak are in Norfolk, although looking at the map unless Gt Yarmouth has been erased I make it three.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Prepare for that second wave on 09:14 - May 31 with 1828 viewsGuthrum

Prepare for that second wave on 08:56 - May 31 by SitfcB

You mean, you don’t live in Stoke?

Newington?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Prepare for that second wave on 11:14 - May 31 with 1625 viewsStokieBlue

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-hundreds-flout-lockdown-rules-to-attend-i

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Prepare for that second wave on 12:10 - May 31 with 1529 viewsSwansea_Blue

Prepare for that second wave on 00:10 - May 31 by jeera

Sigh, yes of course, but not exactly moving quickly in that case. And that's a lot of people in a space considering distancing measures. All flocked down there.

I'm also a bit irritated to be honest that earlier today I'd signed a petition going about atm to save the area's First Response unit as its funding is about to be cut.*

Clearly that's still needed along with the air ambulance if people are going to be jumping into a few feet of water from cliff tops.

Hopefully their injuries are neither life-threatening nor life-changing.

*Bit further than I thought but here's the link: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-swanage-ambulance-car?share=05756f5e

Before the air ambulances:

[Post edited 31 May 2020 0:32]

I think it’s the case they couldn’t move quickly. It’s steep, narrow access off the back of the beach. Once on the beach there was nothing else to do but coral the people as the services needed to get the choppers in. I’ve seen claims one of the jumpers died, not sure if true.

Totally agree that it’s not sensible to go in the first place, but it is allowed. It’s a great case study of why common sense may not be the best approach to managing a pandemic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024