Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... 06:56 - May 31 with 13491 viewsmonytowbray

...watching the scenes in the USA.

Gonna say it now, anyone who wants to sit there saying “BuT tHey’Re BeInG vIoLeNt” needs to pull their head out their ass. This has gone on for decades. Every time the correct avenues are used nothing changes. If violence isn’t the way forward, then stop exhausting people to it as a last resort.

With that I leave you with the two things that brought me to tears (the second one comes with a distress warning).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0nIY5g9mg/

And on that note, this tweet from the DC mayor says everything you need to know about America right now.

[Post edited 31 May 2020 7:01]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 21:46 - May 31 with 587 viewsjaykay

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:15 - May 31 by eireblue

If you are white, middle class, and/or live with your parents, I think it has been established that you don’t get to tell people how they should react to racism.

to think andrew goodman and michael schwerner were white middle class boys .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 22:05 - May 31 with 552 viewseireblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 21:46 - May 31 by jaykay

to think andrew goodman and michael schwerner were white middle class boys .

Indeed.

Anybody can choose how to stand up and express their views against fighting racism. Even people with money living at home.

There was a civil rights movement in the UK, that was met with violence. The people subjected to the racism and violence reacted violently in kind. I believe, that was deemed somewhat unacceptable, even though that is how the suppressed minority choose to react.

It really should be up to the oppressor to moderate their behaviour, not the suppressed to come up with an acceptable form of protest.

Otherwise things will escalate.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 22:29 - May 31 with 521 viewsmanchego

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 17:11 - May 31 by Shawsey

Peaceful protests. Smashing the place up doesn't help anybody's cause. People will join in just to smash windows for fun. People will steal for their own gain. Peaceful protests across the country and then at the ballot box. That is the best way for democracy to work. I get the anger and I sympathise with them, but violence isn't the answer.

Clinton got more votes than Trump.

Do you have any other ideas ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024