Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... 06:56 - May 31 with 13482 viewsmonytowbray

...watching the scenes in the USA.

Gonna say it now, anyone who wants to sit there saying “BuT tHey’Re BeInG vIoLeNt” needs to pull their head out their ass. This has gone on for decades. Every time the correct avenues are used nothing changes. If violence isn’t the way forward, then stop exhausting people to it as a last resort.

With that I leave you with the two things that brought me to tears (the second one comes with a distress warning).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0nIY5g9mg/

And on that note, this tweet from the DC mayor says everything you need to know about America right now.

[Post edited 31 May 2020 7:01]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:02 - May 31 with 1722 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:54 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

I seem to be in agreement with Trevor Noah.

Of course.

And we should also beware of Establishment apologists who attack those overstepping the mark or otherwise taking advantage. Seems rather opportunist in its own way.

Pronouns: He/Him

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:02 - May 31 with 1723 viewsBlueBadger

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:20 - May 31 by J2BLUE

To be fair that gif of someone being punched is just someone walking down the street? Correct me if i'm wrong. If they were on the streets trying to stir things up and squaring up to riot police i'd be delighted if Nazis got a bloody good hiding.

That 'someone' would be Richard 'Crybaby' Spencer. An American neo-nazi. And the gif was from him being interviewed on telly about how great it is he's got a president who understands his Very Real Concerns.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:04 - May 31 with 1715 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:02 - May 31 by BlueBadger

That 'someone' would be Richard 'Crybaby' Spencer. An American neo-nazi. And the gif was from him being interviewed on telly about how great it is he's got a president who understands his Very Real Concerns.

It’s depressing how the “BUT THE LEFT” people can’t see how they have dragged us into this mess.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:05 - May 31 with 1710 viewseastangliaisblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:30 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

Nobody. Like Callis said earlier, it's a reskinned 'But Corbyn' argument.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 13:33]

On my part it's not
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:08 - May 31 with 1688 viewsjaykay

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 11:00 - May 31 by pointofblue

The State ignores violent calls for change too, no matter who is in the corridors of power at the time.

i take the tories, took no notice of the poll tax riots

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:08 - May 31 with 1696 viewseastangliaisblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:29 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

Wait a minute. Who is defending looting and rioting as a REASONED response?

Look back through the thread.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:12 - May 31 with 1673 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:08 - May 31 by eastangliaisblue

Look back through the thread.

I did, can’t see it.

Although if you really want me to make a nuisanced argument I can do that one for you.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:14 - May 31 with 1664 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:51 - May 31 by giant_stow

Personally, I know nothing about this other than what I'm reading, but just one thought: isn't it possible that you're all a little bit right / little wrong?

I find it all a little bit strange Ullaa. A guy is slowly killed in cold blood by a police officer, which is symptomatic of decades (centuries) of oppression, but some people are more interested in perpetuating an engineered left v right narrative.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:25 - May 31 with 1630 viewseastangliaisblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:12 - May 31 by monytowbray

I did, can’t see it.

Although if you really want me to make a nuisanced argument I can do that one for you.

Some of the posts have certainly come across as that to me.

You can do if you like. I will probably agree with some of what you say. If you look at my posts you will see what my opinion is.

Unfortunetly this thread has been hijacked by the left/right argument and gone away from the OP of the violence issue.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:28 - May 31 with 1625 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:25 - May 31 by eastangliaisblue

Some of the posts have certainly come across as that to me.

You can do if you like. I will probably agree with some of what you say. If you look at my posts you will see what my opinion is.

Unfortunetly this thread has been hijacked by the left/right argument and gone away from the OP of the violence issue.

I’m working so I can’t be too detailed.

But, ask yourself, why should the ancestors of those who were enslaved to build America not smash their own creation?

If the US black population were a group in the Middle East with financial benefit to the West we’d be arming them and sending our army to support them.

If you aren’t angry then you aren’t paying attention.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:41 - May 31 with 1592 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 11:44 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

If the State ignores violent and peaceful forces for change then maybe the State is the problem.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:41 - May 31 with 1591 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:57 - May 31 by monytowbray

I’m sure he completely agrees with the white man in Scotland telling black oppressed people in America how they should be doing things from his middle class bubble.

The only person lacking self awareness here is you and you are digging one hell of a hole.

Except I haven’t told POC how they should be doing things. I have said that it is up to the people affected by racism to decide how to react. Not middle class white boys who live with mummy and daddy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:46 - May 31 with 1579 viewspointofblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:28 - May 31 by monytowbray

But, ask yourself, why should the ancestors of those who were enslaved to build America not smash their own creation?

If the US black population were a group in the Middle East with financial benefit to the West we’d be arming them and sending our army to support them.

Is the black community taking part is most of the wanton destruction? Reports and film coverage seems to suggest otherwise. Of course the looters and arsonists will come across the racial and political spectrum but destroying what belongs to some of the poorest in society seems to be punishing themselves again for the sad situation they are in.

The issue is their voices are not being heard but that’s to do with the mindset of the Western World, democracies in all but action. This is a country which puts more values in what a flag and anthem represents than the lives of their people. The response is understandable but it won’t work, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this position now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:48 - May 31 with 1573 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:41 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

Except I haven’t told POC how they should be doing things. I have said that it is up to the people affected by racism to decide how to react. Not middle class white boys who live with mummy and daddy.

You make yourself look silly and completely unfamiliar with the reality of the situation by repeatedly referring to Antifa as 'middle class white boys'. Not that you'll listen.

But then, there's no knowledge as unshakable as that belonging to the middle class, middle aged, Conservative white man.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:50 - May 31 with 1563 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:46 - May 31 by pointofblue

Is the black community taking part is most of the wanton destruction? Reports and film coverage seems to suggest otherwise. Of course the looters and arsonists will come across the racial and political spectrum but destroying what belongs to some of the poorest in society seems to be punishing themselves again for the sad situation they are in.

The issue is their voices are not being heard but that’s to do with the mindset of the Western World, democracies in all but action. This is a country which puts more values in what a flag and anthem represents than the lives of their people. The response is understandable but it won’t work, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this position now.

The 'black community' is not some uniform mass of identical people. Black people are individuals and as such some are involved, some are not. Same with any other 'community' involved.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 14:51]

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:51 - May 31 with 1559 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:48 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

You make yourself look silly and completely unfamiliar with the reality of the situation by repeatedly referring to Antifa as 'middle class white boys'. Not that you'll listen.

But then, there's no knowledge as unshakable as that belonging to the middle class, middle aged, Conservative white man.

Is your “I've got better things to do” the SM versio of “I bid you good day”

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:52 - May 31 with 1546 viewseireblue

If people affected by racism choose to react violently, then, it is not your place to be critical.

That is what you seem to be saying.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:53 - May 31 with 1548 viewspointofblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:50 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

The 'black community' is not some uniform mass of identical people. Black people are individuals and as such some are involved, some are not. Same with any other 'community' involved.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 14:51]

Yes, sorry, I did realise I wasn’t phrasing it properly hence my sentence about people from all races and different political spectrums getting involved but I should have changed the first remark as well.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:54 - May 31 with 1545 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:51 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

Just correcting your misunderstanding. If you're going to be vocal, you should at least be educated.

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:56 - May 31 with 1535 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:54 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

Just correcting your misunderstanding. If you're going to be vocal, you should at least be educated.

I bid you good day

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:57 - May 31 with 1526 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What about orphaned working class ones?
Are they allowed to get involved/say anything?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:00 - May 31 with 1518 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:51 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

I think he's found a private dentist.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:00 - May 31 with 1786 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:53 - May 31 by pointofblue

Yes, sorry, I did realise I wasn’t phrasing it properly hence my sentence about people from all races and different political spectrums getting involved but I should have changed the first remark as well.

The reality is that there are many different people involved, from a broad spectrum of society. All of these people have different motivations. There are almost certainly undercover police involved too.

It's easy for people to kid themselves that they have a full understanding of a situation from their own Twitter echo chamber. It's simplistic and uninformed at best, and underhanded at worst to resort to sneering and blaming middle class white boys because it aligns with preexisting political persuasions.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 15:17]

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:01 - May 31 with 1784 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:56 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

I bid you good day

I doubt that you do to be honest.

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:09 - May 31 with 1756 viewseastangliaisblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:28 - May 31 by monytowbray

I am firmly in the corner of the black community over this.

I feel i am starting to repeat myself a fair bit over this thread now. I won't go over anything i have already said. My feelings on the violence are there to see.

I am from Romany Gypsy stock myself so i have experienced racism. Not much but enough to know it's really not nice. My Father and Grandparents have told me a few stories from back in the day that make me angry. However i still don't think violence is ever the answer to change things. Hence my replies throughout.

Those questions you pose would need me to have a think to reply to. They have many political and geopplitical points. I fancy a few beers now though so now is not the best time.

If you still want to go into a detailed debate i'm happy to another day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024