Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... 06:56 - May 31 with 13448 viewsmonytowbray

...watching the scenes in the USA.

Gonna say it now, anyone who wants to sit there saying “BuT tHey’Re BeInG vIoLeNt” needs to pull their head out their ass. This has gone on for decades. Every time the correct avenues are used nothing changes. If violence isn’t the way forward, then stop exhausting people to it as a last resort.

With that I leave you with the two things that brought me to tears (the second one comes with a distress warning).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0nIY5g9mg/

And on that note, this tweet from the DC mayor says everything you need to know about America right now.

[Post edited 31 May 2020 7:01]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:10 - May 31 with 3270 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 14:46 - May 31 by pointofblue

Is the black community taking part is most of the wanton destruction? Reports and film coverage seems to suggest otherwise. Of course the looters and arsonists will come across the racial and political spectrum but destroying what belongs to some of the poorest in society seems to be punishing themselves again for the sad situation they are in.

The issue is their voices are not being heard but that’s to do with the mindset of the Western World, democracies in all but action. This is a country which puts more values in what a flag and anthem represents than the lives of their people. The response is understandable but it won’t work, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this position now.

There are things not adding up there in the numbers and narrative. It’s a political game, wouldn’t surprise me if half the white folk f*cking sh1t up are undercover cops or white activists stirring the pot. Or just wrongly arrested people.

Do you trust the authorities? I don’t. The NYC mayor, who is left wing by American standards, was utterly disgusting and failed to see the problem in his address yesterday.

Believing everything politicians and authorities tell us is why the West is in the state it is. Brexit. Johnson. Trump. They are lying to you about EVERYTHING. They tell the truth so little it should be front page news when they do.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:14 - May 31 with 3249 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:09 - May 31 by eastangliaisblue

I am firmly in the corner of the black community over this.

I feel i am starting to repeat myself a fair bit over this thread now. I won't go over anything i have already said. My feelings on the violence are there to see.

I am from Romany Gypsy stock myself so i have experienced racism. Not much but enough to know it's really not nice. My Father and Grandparents have told me a few stories from back in the day that make me angry. However i still don't think violence is ever the answer to change things. Hence my replies throughout.

Those questions you pose would need me to have a think to reply to. They have many political and geopplitical points. I fancy a few beers now though so now is not the best time.

If you still want to go into a detailed debate i'm happy to another day.

At least you are keen to educate yourself and listen. You’ve come out of this looking okay and I think you just needed that perspective.

More than I can say for others on here...

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:19 - May 31 with 3229 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:10 - May 31 by monytowbray

There are things not adding up there in the numbers and narrative. It’s a political game, wouldn’t surprise me if half the white folk f*cking sh1t up are undercover cops or white activists stirring the pot. Or just wrongly arrested people.

Do you trust the authorities? I don’t. The NYC mayor, who is left wing by American standards, was utterly disgusting and failed to see the problem in his address yesterday.

Believing everything politicians and authorities tell us is why the West is in the state it is. Brexit. Johnson. Trump. They are lying to you about EVERYTHING. They tell the truth so little it should be front page news when they do.

Meanwhile Trump hits the golf course today.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:29 - May 31 with 3205 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:19 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/31/donald-trump-coronavirus-p

Nail. Head.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 16:13 - May 31 with 3086 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:29 - May 31 by monytowbray

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/31/donald-trump-coronavirus-p

Nail. Head.

When you're making the same arguments as Donald Trump you should probably reassess your thinking.

[Post edited 31 May 2020 19:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 17:11 - May 31 with 2939 viewsShawsey

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 07:54 - May 31 by bluelagos

A far better question is what would you suggest they do? How do they stop policemen killing black people in their communities?

If you can answer that, then those rioting have an alternative way of expressing their disgust at the way the system currently sees a policeman happy to kill a man with little fear of repercussions.

Peaceful protests. Smashing the place up doesn't help anybody's cause. People will join in just to smash windows for fun. People will steal for their own gain. Peaceful protests across the country and then at the ballot box. That is the best way for democracy to work. I get the anger and I sympathise with them, but violence isn't the answer.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 17:14 - May 31 with 2933 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 17:11 - May 31 by Shawsey

Peaceful protests. Smashing the place up doesn't help anybody's cause. People will join in just to smash windows for fun. People will steal for their own gain. Peaceful protests across the country and then at the ballot box. That is the best way for democracy to work. I get the anger and I sympathise with them, but violence isn't the answer.

1) Peaceful protest has been ignored.
2) Right wing parties are the parties of voter disenfranchisment. Hard to vote when your vote is suppressed or illegally prevented.

Is violence in the face of centuries of violence really that surprising?
[Post edited 31 May 2020 17:15]

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 18:43 - May 31 with 2858 viewsMullet

You can see the smudgy fingerprints of Cernovich, Jones, Adams even Trump all over this thread. Odd they're all rich white guys who change like the wind so long as people keep paying them (attention). They have spent years dripfeeding these identity poisons out into the world.

It's pretty clear that one man's death at the hands of the people supposedly out there to protect everyone in that society ripped the scab off. But lots of issues and inequalities are colliding and pouring out now.

Conflating them all, or assuming they are all linked by the same ideas of guilt and teams is a fatal mistake to make over and over again. We're in no place to criticise America right now, given the path we've allowed ourselves to walk down with a very English equivalence in power.

We're just far luckier that people are just ignoring police and having BBQs and a day at the beach I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:15 - May 31 with 2813 viewseireblue

If you are white, middle class, and/or live with your parents, I think it has been established that you don’t get to tell people how they should react to racism.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:25 - May 31 with 2793 viewsbluelagos

The problem is that peaceful protest (of which there has been much over the past decades) has acheived little in terms of improved policing towards people of colour. This has been going on for decades and some sections of American police officers continue to behave as if they are above the law, with little fear of consequences.

Indeed peaceful protest was central to the civil rights movement in the late 60s. 50 years on and an awful lot of people's rights still seem to be dependent on the colour of their skin.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:29 - May 31 with 2781 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:19 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

Balls!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:34 - May 31 with 2752 viewsShawsey

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:15 - May 31 by eireblue

If you are white, middle class, and/or live with your parents, I think it has been established that you don’t get to tell people how they should react to racism.

I haven't told anybody how to react to racism. I have written on a forum what I think is the best way of protesting. If they want to smash up their own country, it has nothing to do with me.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:35 - May 31 with 2752 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 15:10 - May 31 by monytowbray

You have no idea what you’re talking about.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:38 - May 31 with 2737 viewsShawsey

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 17:14 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

1) Peaceful protest has been ignored.
2) Right wing parties are the parties of voter disenfranchisment. Hard to vote when your vote is suppressed or illegally prevented.

Is violence in the face of centuries of violence really that surprising?
[Post edited 31 May 2020 17:15]

Not at all surprising. Unfortunately our American cousins tend to do things a bit differently. I just don't see the point of smashing your own place up. It will achieve nothing either.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:38 - May 31 with 2725 viewseireblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:34 - May 31 by Shawsey

I haven't told anybody how to react to racism. I have written on a forum what I think is the best way of protesting. If they want to smash up their own country, it has nothing to do with me.

“Peaceful protests. .......Peaceful protests across the country and then at the ballot box. That is the best way for democracy to work. I get the anger and I sympathise with them, but violence isn't the answer.”

I believe the protests are somewhat to do with racism.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:52 - May 31 with 2712 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:38 - May 31 by Shawsey

Not at all surprising. Unfortunately our American cousins tend to do things a bit differently. I just don't see the point of smashing your own place up. It will achieve nothing either.

People seem to be ignoring the thousands of African American police who are being pelted! Also ignoring all the businesses that are being destroyed that employ all race and ethnicities. Sad sad scenes.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:07 - May 31 with 2678 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:35 - May 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I think he's pretty accurate, going by what I see for myself living in the city.

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:09 - May 31 with 2665 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 19:35 - May 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Elaborate?

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:28 - May 31 with 2628 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:09 - May 31 by monytowbray

Elaborate?

The notion that there are undercover cops involved in scenes like this across the country is ludicrous

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:39 - May 31 with 2603 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:28 - May 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The notion that there are undercover cops involved in scenes like this across the country is ludicrous

There was some pretty suspect stuff going on on video this week and black communities say that stuff happens.

Or we can believe the cops in the USA who execute innocent people, lie about it and continue working on a corrupt force.

🤷‍♂️

If cops want our trust they can damn well earn it with a top down reform on the entire system.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:46 - May 31 with 2582 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:28 - May 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

They don’t need to be undercover do they? Some seem quite happy to openly assault people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:51 - May 31 with 2569 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 20:39 - May 31 by monytowbray

There was some pretty suspect stuff going on on video this week and black communities say that stuff happens.

Or we can believe the cops in the USA who execute innocent people, lie about it and continue working on a corrupt force.

🤷‍♂️

If cops want our trust they can damn well earn it with a top down reform on the entire system.

Right now in this country many businesses (including those of owned by people of color) are being burnt to the ground. Many minorities will have no place to go to work tomorrow, thousands of good cops (including black ones) are being attacked for being a cop.

If you think all black folk in the US are proud of these shocking looting’s or think it’s some big conspiracy, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

The bad cops and the systematic racism that exists in this country needs to be rooted out. Burning your city to the ground is not the way. Education, voting (especially locally) better community work is the way forward. The movement had actually come a long way. It sure does rear it’s ugly head at times but having lived in a city with a a large African American population it’s more united than these images show. These opportunist thugs are using the excuse to make everything way worse.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 21:08 - May 31 with 2543 viewsmidastouch

I liked these videos. Look at the general reaction Ken Nwadike Jr. is getting from the community.

Posted yesterday:

Filmed in Charlotte in 2016:

Ken Nwadike Jr. is spreading the love during challenging times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Nwadike_Jr.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 21:09]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 21:11 - May 31 with 2529 viewsmidastouch

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 21:08 - May 31 by midastouch

I liked these videos. Look at the general reaction Ken Nwadike Jr. is getting from the community.

Posted yesterday:

Filmed in Charlotte in 2016:

Ken Nwadike Jr. is spreading the love during challenging times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Nwadike_Jr.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 21:09]

A good bit at 10 mins 30 seconds in where you see the diversity of those trying to pull together.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 21:36 - May 31 with 2473 viewsN2_Blue

If i was a black American i'd be angry. What American's think is the greatest country in the world couldn't be more wrong:

June 16,1944

George Stinney Jr. was the youngest person to be sentenced to death in the 20th century in the United States.
He was only 14 years old when he was executed in an electric chair.
During his trial, even on the day of his execution, he always carried a bible in his hands, claiming to be innocent.
He was accused of killing two white girls, 11-Year-old Betty, and Mary of 7, the bodies were found near the house where the teenager resided with his parents.
At that time, all members of the jury were white. The trial lasted only 2 hours, and the sentence was dictated 10 minutes later.
The Boy's parents were threatened, and prevented from being present in the courtroom, and subsequently expelled from that city.
Before the execution, George spent 81 days in prison without being able to see his parents.
He was held in solitary, 80 miles from his city. He was alone without the presence of his parents or a lawyer.
He was electrocuted with 5,380 volts in his head, imagine all that voltage in a teenager's head.
70 years later, his innocence was finally proven by a judge in South Carolina. The boy was innocent, someone set it up to blame him for being black.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024