Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you miss the most. 18:18 - May 31 with 4545 viewsOwainG1992

If you had to pick one thing you miss the most with football being gone the last 3 months basically.

For me it's the excitement of a match day a few hours before.
Even if we've been terrible just waiting for the team to be announced.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

What do you miss the most. on 18:24 - May 31 with 4514 viewsPJH

Naarwich losing.
What do you miss the most. on 19:17 - May 31 with 4459 viewsDebsyAngel

The bus and walk to the ground with the nice old man I meet up with and the chat to the people I see before we all go in.
What do you miss the most. on 19:23 - May 31 with 4430 viewsSwansea_Blue

Build up and utterly irrational hope of a good performance and win together with a couple of pre-match pints. Has there been anything else to enjoy over the last few years?
[Post edited 31 May 2020 19:23]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What do you miss the most. on 19:41 - May 31 with 4409 viewsJ2BLUE

The walk to the stadium. Everything about that match day experience hitting you from the first glimpse of the stadium to going through the turnstile to going to stand in the same spot you stand in before the game and at HT every game because that's your spot. The hope, optimism and sense that today, something magical will happen.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 19:42]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What do you miss the most. on 19:42 - May 31 with 4420 viewsEpiphone

Pre match pint in the Black Horse with my Dad and Brother in Law!
What do you miss the most. on 19:46 - May 31 with 4412 viewsShawsey

McDonalds.
What do you miss the most. on 19:52 - May 31 with 4397 viewsjas0999

I missed it less than I thought I would. Surprisingly.
What do you miss the most. on 20:10 - May 31 with 4357 viewsSitfcB

What do you miss the most. on 19:42 - May 31 by Epiphone

Pre match pint in the Black Horse with my Dad and Brother in Law!

Black Horse getting boarded up tomorrow

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

What do you miss the most. on 20:16 - May 31 with 4354 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Will there or won't there be a butterbean and mushroom pie left?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What do you miss the most. on 20:24 - May 31 with 4350 viewsbrogansnose

Playing 'Which one is Facters.'
What do you miss the most. on 20:27 - May 31 with 4343 viewsfactual_blue

What do you miss the most. on 20:24 - May 31 by brogansnose

Playing 'Which one is Facters.'

I'm actually quite good at that game.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What do you miss the most. on 20:35 - May 31 with 4334 viewsbrogansnose

What do you miss the most. on 20:27 - May 31 by factual_blue

I'm actually quite good at that game.

Well yes, but that's like insider trading.
What do you miss the most. on 20:38 - May 31 with 4332 viewssparks

I think its actually the turning out on a Friday night for 6 a side at Manv Fat

Closely followed by seeing the chaps at Paulton.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

What do you miss the most. on 20:44 - May 31 with 4319 viewsfactual_blue

What do you miss the most. on 20:35 - May 31 by brogansnose

Well yes, but that's like insider trading.

I only have a fifty per cent success rate.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What do you miss the most. on 20:57 - May 31 with 4303 viewsbrogansnose

What do you miss the most. on 20:44 - May 31 by factual_blue

I only have a fifty per cent success rate.

Fifty percent ? I'll take that because the rest of Team Brogan are rubbish at this game as is Brogan.

Brogan out.
What do you miss the most. on 22:21 - May 31 with 4254 viewsDinnernotTea

The pub at 5.30pm on matchday. You've just seen complete Shiite, had a rant, beers flowing by this point. Then all of a sudden you couldn't give a toss about Ipswich and the clowns anymore, it's the 5.30pm kick off. Best time of the weekend, getting merry and thinking about that take away on the walk home. Heaven.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

What do you miss the most. on 22:34 - May 31 with 4236 viewsRomeo4

Still feel the magic of seeing the blue and white set against the green of the Portman Road pitch. Despite recent form it’s still a special place with a great aura which holds many happy memories. Getting a bit misty eyed here!!

I miss nothing else about football though. The Premier League, Champions League, Championship, England, etc has simply lost its appeal to me over the last few years. It’s all been ruined by money and greed.
What do you miss the most. on 22:49 - May 31 with 4213 viewsDinnernotTea

What do you miss the most. on 22:34 - May 31 by Romeo4

Still feel the magic of seeing the blue and white set against the green of the Portman Road pitch. Despite recent form it’s still a special place with a great aura which holds many happy memories. Getting a bit misty eyed here!!

I miss nothing else about football though. The Premier League, Champions League, Championship, England, etc has simply lost its appeal to me over the last few years. It’s all been ruined by money and greed.

This attitude I will never ever understand. Ipswich Town Football Club had a wage bill of close to £19m when we got relegated. We aren't a club with plucky volunteers, there are bonafide millionaires in our squad. So why aren't the words "greed" and "money" aimed at our players? Why just the elite?

What do you miss the most. on 23:00 - May 31 with 4186 viewstextbackup

on the rare occasion I get to have a beer before or after id say that..... but 95% of the time, I honestly couldn't tell you what I miss about it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What do you miss the most. on 23:01 - May 31 with 4185 viewsRomeo4

What do you miss the most. on 22:49 - May 31 by DinnernotTea

This attitude I will never ever understand. Ipswich Town Football Club had a wage bill of close to £19m when we got relegated. We aren't a club with plucky volunteers, there are bonafide millionaires in our squad. So why aren't the words "greed" and "money" aimed at our players? Why just the elite?

I’m not naive enough to know that ITFC are not exempt from that same taint of greed. I would be the first to admit that the club is not the same one as I first started supporting all those years ago. The identity of the club and my affinity with the players and ownership has also been in gradual decline. My point really was that despite all this and my general falling out of love with football I still get a kick out of being at Portman Rd. I love that place.
What do you miss the most. on 23:30 - May 31 with 4157 viewsDinnernotTea

What do you miss the most. on 23:01 - May 31 by Romeo4

I’m not naive enough to know that ITFC are not exempt from that same taint of greed. I would be the first to admit that the club is not the same one as I first started supporting all those years ago. The identity of the club and my affinity with the players and ownership has also been in gradual decline. My point really was that despite all this and my general falling out of love with football I still get a kick out of being at Portman Rd. I love that place.

Know what you mean, but I honestly haven't missed 3pm - 5pm once in these 3 months. It was coming to a point where what should be an escape from a long working week, a toddler and partner was now becoming a chore. I lost count the amount of times at 5pm on a Saturday I was unbelievably angry and so down about the complete frauds that get to represent my club and town.

This is why I've completely stepped away and not renewed. There are other reasons but I can't keep allowing Lambert, Chambers, Evans to kill my weekends. The club needs a huge overhaul.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024