Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting weekend here 19:26 - May 31 with 1838 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I see a lot of experts in the thread below. Being on the ground in a city that is literally burning I can tell you a lot this stuff has nothing to do with what happened in Minneapolis, unless they are smashing up local businesses and taking iPhones and designer clothes in his memory, which I doubt.

Remember Tottenham and that spread of opportunism?

Now it’s obviously more complicated over here with the history of race relations and oppressions. Systematic racism needs to be tackled by voting especially locally and with better community work. This is outright thuggery though and it’s pretty scary.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 19:30]
Interesting weekend here on 19:44 - May 31 with 1718 viewsShawsey

Apparently I was wrong to suggest peaceful protest and the ballot box. I hope you stay safe.
Interesting weekend here on 19:53 - May 31 with 1694 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting weekend here on 19:44 - May 31 by Shawsey

Apparently I was wrong to suggest peaceful protest and the ballot box. I hope you stay safe.

My office got trashed last night, assume I’ll working from home a little longer than expected.
Interesting weekend here on 20:01 - May 31 with 1661 viewsShawsey

Interesting weekend here on 19:53 - May 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

My office got trashed last night, assume I’ll working from home a little longer than expected.

Unfortunately this is what happens. All the idiots see it as an excuse for wanton vandalism. Shame, as things obviously have to change. Just the wrong way of going about it.
Interesting weekend here on 20:23 - May 31 with 1607 viewsfactual_blue

All good points, but it is systemic racism. Although there may be a grand plan of racist behaviour inspired by trumpy-wumpy and carried out by redneck types. That would be systematic racism.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Interesting weekend here on 20:34 - May 31 with 1574 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting weekend here on 20:23 - May 31 by factual_blue

All good points, but it is systemic racism. Although there may be a grand plan of racist behaviour inspired by trumpy-wumpy and carried out by redneck types. That would be systematic racism.

It’s never left the US and it rears it’s ugly head from time to time but if you think back to MLK’s day, where people of color couldn’t sit where they wanted on a bus. Now all folk eat at black owned restaurants, stand shoulder by shoulder at sports games and there are many respected black business leaders across the country. In many ways the movement had come far. The issues today I believe are more closely linked to poverty in many areas. Trump has certainly done a good job at making the country more divided. These bad cops are disgrace and putting a bad name on America and the reaction that follows it.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 20:35]
Interesting weekend here on 22:54 - May 31 with 1415 viewsSpruceMoose

How can racism be tackled by voting when the Republicans are doing all they can to prevent minorities from voting? Whether it's vote rigging, voter suppression, gerrymandering, onerous voter registration and ID requirements, or spreading conspiracy theories and fear about voting by mail Republicans are always up to some scheme to prevent change through the ballot box.

So while peaceful protest is the ideal, it's been met with violence from the authorities for some many years. People were always going to snap back eventually. Millions of white Americans love black culture, they just don't love black people.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 22:57]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Interesting weekend here on 23:01 - May 31 with 1400 viewsmonytowbray

I feel a bit guilty now after being a big dismissive on the other thread and I apologise. Tensions are just high man.

I have a daughter in SC and many American friends I worry about.

But it feels like this movement is getting a little less “BLM” and more “f*ck this entire system” the longer it goes on and the more Trump hides. They can’t just go all guns blazing in 2020, too many video phones, too many live streams, all eyes on them. And Trump is tweeting conspiracy theories and trying to stoke a right wing attack.

I really do feel for you and Spruce. There’s a force in play here and it’s the perfect storm on both sides of the pond. The public is waking up to the fact we’ve all been shafted.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Interesting weekend here on 23:29 - May 31 with 1350 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting weekend here on 23:01 - May 31 by monytowbray

I feel a bit guilty now after being a big dismissive on the other thread and I apologise. Tensions are just high man.

But it feels like this movement is getting a little less “BLM” and more “f*ck this entire system” the longer it goes on and the more Trump hides. They can’t just go all guns blazing in 2020, too many video phones, too many live streams, all eyes on them. And Trump is tweeting conspiracy theories and trying to stoke a right wing attack.

I really do feel for you and Spruce. There’s a force in play here and it’s the perfect storm on both sides of the pond. The public is waking up to the fact we’ve all been shafted.

The reality of the situation is that you don't need to feel for me (thank you though). I'm one of the 'good' immigrants. I'm white, I'm European, I'm affluent. America is great for people like me... If you can ignore or rationalise the abuses other less fortunate souls suffer every single day.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting weekend here on 02:24 - Jun 1 with 1280 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting weekend here on 23:01 - May 31 by monytowbray

You don’t need to feel sorry for me either, I have a UK passport and a green card, I could move back to London tomorrow if I choose to. America is a great country for the middle to upper middle class, who are affluent and white, SM is correct there. African Americans have a complicated history to say the least but I do believe there are great people in America have done a great job to tackle inequality and made major strides since the really terrible days.

Many of the protests have been hijacked by opportunist criminals and it has little to do with George Floyd. This means we are talking too much about riots rather than the why.

I think the main people that need to be held accountable are police chiefs and police union leaders. I hope this is a watershed moment in that regards as for the first time they have actually spoken out.

However, it will never completely stopped as a higher proportion of African American men live in poverty and have therefore have more interaction with law enforcement.

You know how to scare real racists though, protest like this man. I remember this ad at high school and seems relevant now.

(Excuse typos on iPhone)
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 2:28]
Interesting weekend here on 11:04 - Jun 1 with 995 viewsmonytowbray

Interesting weekend here on 23:29 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

The reality of the situation is that you don't need to feel for me (thank you though). I'm one of the 'good' immigrants. I'm white, I'm European, I'm affluent. America is great for people like me... If you can ignore or rationalise the abuses other less fortunate souls suffer every single day.

I have a friend who is British, black and married to a US military bloke. She moved back to the States last year and she has 3 kids. She left me a voice note last night when I checked in with her crying. She says it's a different world out there. The UK has some racism problems but in the USA it's built into the system and the communities are so used to it they just accept it. They grew up with it. The generations before them had it worse so to them they are now in a more progressive society and they're almost numb to it.

It's a very emotional situation for me. I grew up near a US air base and have many American mates dotted around the country. And of course my daughter.

TWTD never forgets…

Interesting weekend here on 11:24 - Jun 1 with 961 viewsmonytowbray

Interesting weekend here on 02:24 - Jun 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You don’t need to feel sorry for me either, I have a UK passport and a green card, I could move back to London tomorrow if I choose to. America is a great country for the middle to upper middle class, who are affluent and white, SM is correct there. African Americans have a complicated history to say the least but I do believe there are great people in America have done a great job to tackle inequality and made major strides since the really terrible days.

Many of the protests have been hijacked by opportunist criminals and it has little to do with George Floyd. This means we are talking too much about riots rather than the why.

I think the main people that need to be held accountable are police chiefs and police union leaders. I hope this is a watershed moment in that regards as for the first time they have actually spoken out.

However, it will never completely stopped as a higher proportion of African American men live in poverty and have therefore have more interaction with law enforcement.

You know how to scare real racists though, protest like this man. I remember this ad at high school and seems relevant now.

(Excuse typos on iPhone)
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 2:28]

The institution is scared. A pandemic wasn't supposed to come along and interfere with the oligarch state they wanted to set up.

Same for the UK.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024