Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jadon Sancho 20:40 - May 31 with 1374 viewsStokieBlue

Watched a bit of the match today and remembered reading this article a few days ago:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52746083

Obviously some massive hyperbole in there but I thought the stats were quite interesting - they are much higher that I realised and reflect much more favourably with basically anyone his age historically.

He scored a hat-trick today.

It's absolute folly that players like him aren't given a chance in the big clubs where they are in the academies. Man City will probably try and buy him for 100m or something in a few years time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jadon Sancho on 22:00 - May 31 with 1243 viewsdavblue

Most likely United this summer if reports are to believed.
Jadon Sancho on 22:31 - May 31 with 1181 viewsmanchego

Jadon Sancho on 22:00 - May 31 by davblue

Most likely United this summer if reports are to believed.

What a terrible move that would be.
Bayern and Barca and Real M will have marked his card.
Jadon Sancho on 23:18 - May 31 with 1113 viewsJamestownPrince

Paderborn's defence in the second half was atrocious

I can see why even Jordan Roberts managed a goal against them!
Jadon Sancho on 08:17 - Jun 1 with 975 viewsPendejo

Jadon Sancho on 22:31 - May 31 by manchego

I think the key to England winning another World Cup is for as many of our top players as possible to play overseas away from the Premier League. Ironic really given the creation of Prem was to support the development of England team...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Jadon Sancho on 09:03 - Jun 1 with 922 viewsitfcjoe

I understand the point, but it's very difficult for Man City to integrate someone into their side - they won the league last year by just 1 point despite getting 98 points, there is just absolutely zero margin for error.

The whole football system would work better if players did leave the big clubs at 18/19 and then the big clubs brought them back if they get good enough. They sold him for £8m which is a big fee for someone who had never played a game.

He needed this spell at Dortmund to turn into a £100m player, Man City decided that Phil Foden was going to be who they prioritised and was only room for one in reality.

Sancho doing this and having such success is a great thing for the English game as it lays a path for others to do so. It wrestles power from the clubs to the players.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jadon Sancho on 09:11 - Jun 1 with 909 viewsStokieBlue

Jadon Sancho on 09:03 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

I understand the point, but it's very difficult for Man City to integrate someone into their side - they won the league last year by just 1 point despite getting 98 points, there is just absolutely zero margin for error.

The whole football system would work better if players did leave the big clubs at 18/19 and then the big clubs brought them back if they get good enough. They sold him for £8m which is a big fee for someone who had never played a game.

He needed this spell at Dortmund to turn into a £100m player, Man City decided that Phil Foden was going to be who they prioritised and was only room for one in reality.

Sancho doing this and having such success is a great thing for the English game as it lays a path for others to do so. It wrestles power from the clubs to the players.

Foden has hardly played so if that is prioritising development then it's far from ideal.

Sancho easily could have played as understudy to Sterling coming off the bench a lot to begin with - they basically play the same position.

I do understand what you are saying and perhaps that is the realism of the situation but it's a false economy in the long run. Man City were battered this year - perhaps if they had brought through players like Sancho and Foden so they were now first team players it would have added freshness and they wouldn't be miles behind. Of course Liverpool have been exceptional though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jadon Sancho on 09:16 - Jun 1 with 900 viewsdavblue

Jadon Sancho on 22:31 - May 31 by manchego

I don't think it would be actually, United are slowly getting their house in order and are on the up.

Barca are struggling financially, Bayern want Sane, Madrid are looking at buying players to develop rather than but the end product now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024