Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who still buys a daily newspaper and why 21:36 - May 31 with 1240 viewsgtsb1966

the paper of your choice. I buy the i. Concise reading but mainly because of the cryptic crossword. I know it's cheaper online but to me it just isn't the same.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 21:40]
Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 08:57 - Jun 1 with 1052 viewsElephantintheRoom

I get one 'given' to me when I buy overpriced food in Waitrose for my neighbours who continue to self-isolate.

I do that because I (or they) have already paid for it in the overpriced food.... but it is rather nice to have a proper paper occasionally - just like it is nice to have a proper book.

Said neighbours are both having papers delivered by the way.... presumably they like to risk picking up a virus as well as enjoy reading a paper.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 09:06 - Jun 1 with 1037 viewsSteve_M

In March the answer would have been a flat no, but I've bought the Guardian on a Saturday since we've been in lockdown - partly for something else to read, partly for the puzzles.

Not sure whether I will once things are more normal, I get the Economist weekly and have an FT subscription so normally have plenty to read. Maybe I will because I won't be going to watch football for a good while longer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 09:39 - Jun 1 with 1005 viewsbrazil1982

Occasionally buy the Yorkshire Post on the weekend, good sections and puzzles. I'd like to be able to get hold of a print version of the EADT sometimes too.

More interested in local news which is tricky to get on their websites.
Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 09:43 - Jun 1 with 987 viewshoppy

Also, doing the crossword online isn't quite so satisfying either to fill in.

Btw - does anyone know how to get tippex off a laptop screen?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 09:52 - Jun 1 with 974 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 09:06 - Jun 1 by Steve_M

In March the answer would have been a flat no, but I've bought the Guardian on a Saturday since we've been in lockdown - partly for something else to read, partly for the puzzles.

Not sure whether I will once things are more normal, I get the Economist weekly and have an FT subscription so normally have plenty to read. Maybe I will because I won't be going to watch football for a good while longer.

THE RICE OF THE ROBOCHEF?!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 10:12 - Jun 1 with 940 viewsuefacup81

Which is best for puzzles etc., at the moment? Particularly in terms of the big weekend supplements.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 12:25 - Jun 1 with 869 viewsMeadowlark

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 10:12 - Jun 1 by uefacup81

Which is best for puzzles etc., at the moment? Particularly in terms of the big weekend supplements.

The Times has a Latin crossword on a Saturday.
Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 12:29 - Jun 1 with 859 viewsMeadowlark

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 12:25 - Jun 1 by Meadowlark

The Times has a Latin crossword on a Saturday.

Quare ut emas!
Login to get fewer ads

Who still buys a daily newspaper and why on 13:47 - Jun 1 with 807 viewsbluelagos

Regularly get the "i" - is indeed consise and I too like the puzzles.

The opinion pieces around the time of Brexit (remember that!) were well written though their lack of reporters does tend to mean I look elsewhere for the actual latest news events.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024