Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers 07:23 - Jun 1 with 1108 viewsbluelagos

Think I have finally sussed out tesco home deliveries. They have slots for the whole week beginning June 15 free now. Am guessing they release a week at a time on a Monday?

Anyhow, get in now and you'll get a slot and can amend it nearer the time. Doubt they'll last long as is the first home delivery I've seen free in 10 weeks.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 08:22 - Jun 1 with 1000 viewsDennyx4

Thanks, just done
Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 08:30 - Jun 1 with 987 viewsGuthrum

They also, during the week, release unwanted slots. But you have to grab them quick. That was how my mother got started.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 08:32 - Jun 1 with 980 viewsHerbivore

I've been fairly fortunate, been able to get slots with Sainsburys most weeks. Not sure why as I know others have struggled.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 09:05 - Jun 1 with 926 viewsgiant_stow

Thanks mr.

Haven;t even bothered looking for weeks, but just booked a slot for thus with sainsburys. chuffed not to have to do the shopping trolley slog this week!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 09:26 - Jun 1 with 897 viewsN2_Blue

We've managed to do all our grocery shopping online through a mixture of Sains, Tesco and Waitrose. Haven't been to a supermarket for 12 weeks which feels wonderful, i generally hate them.

The trick is to check each day, early and late. Tesco quite often have slots for the next day if you check late in the evening. As Guthers states they often release slots as people change their mind I assume and change delivery date. With Tesco you can book a slot and then change it if you ever see a better or more convenient slot available which is what we do.

Also you can amend items in your basket anytime up to 24 hrs before the delivery which is very helpful.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 10:06 - Jun 1 with 870 viewsuefacup81

I've found Aldi/Lidl to be relatively stress-free experiences since this all started. It's very rare that you have to queue to get in, and there don't seem to be the distancing issues that seem to be prevalent in the 'bigger' supermarkets.

Definitely worth a look if you don't want to go to the bigger places, and can't necessarily get/justify a delivery slot.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 10:50 - Jun 1 with 829 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I tend to find that the Tesco Extra stores are fine, but its a whole different story in an Express.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 11:39 - Jun 1 with 802 viewsRyorry

Cheers - got one for 17th.

Was unexpectedly impressed by my first experience (online order for home delivery) with Tesco's 3 weeks ago. Limited range of veg & eggs, so not my no. 1 go-to place, but even so - delivered all but one of my ordered items, which was far better than Sains or Waitrose.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Fao reluctant/nervous shoppers on 13:23 - Jun 1 with 754 viewsJimmyJazz

I wonder if many people will have given up on home deliveries after the past few months of limited (if any) available slots.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024