Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies 12:46 - Jun 1 with 3827 viewsKeno

30) Ipswich - 1.11

31) QPR - 1.11

32) Norwich - 1.10

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/where-town-rank-in-all-time-pre

[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 12:46]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:53 - Jun 1 with 3768 viewssparks

Pitiful given what the gap used to be :-(

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:54 - Jun 1 with 3766 viewscarlisleaway

Not long before they overtake us..
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 13:46 - Jun 1 with 3676 viewsNthQldITFC

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:54 - Jun 1 by carlisleaway

Not long before they overtake us..

Possibly not so on PPG.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 13:56 - Jun 1 with 3662 viewsKeno

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:53 - Jun 1 by sparks

I know but if there is a straw to clutch I'm quite prepared to clutch it

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 14:08 - Jun 1 with 3637 viewsLibero

Christ, the state of our club when we're getting a hard on over this kind of stuff despite not beating them in a competitive match in over over a decade.
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 16:23 - Jun 2 with 3404 viewsArnieM

….or another way of looking at it , is the Budgies have had to have our demise over the last 15/ 20 years financially, for them to make up any ground. In that time they've "achieved" nothing more than fleeting stays in the so called premier league.
If Town hadn't gone into administration on the back of digital tv collapse. the gap would have remained substantial. Its not that they are "better", but more that we have declined since our administration. WE are still suffering the effects of that administration.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 16:56 - Jun 2 with 3379 viewsSwansea_Blue

I remember when they could count the 6 place difference on one hand.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 17:46 - Jun 2 with 3344 viewsbournemouthblue

What a bizarre method of measuring it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 08:49 - Jun 3 with 3174 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 17:46 - Jun 2 by bournemouthblue

What a bizarre method of measuring it

Probably the most pointless table ever. How can we be above teams who have spent longer in the Premier league than us? Someone must be bored. They'll be doing awards for half time pies next
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:52 - Jun 3 with 3143 viewsVaughan8

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 14:08 - Jun 1 by Libero

Christ, the state of our club when we're getting a hard on over this kind of stuff despite not beating them in a competitive match in over over a decade.

Agreed. Yes it is getting a bit desperate now haha
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:55 - Jun 3 with 3142 viewsLibero

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:52 - Jun 3 by Vaughan8

Agreed. Yes it is getting a bit desperate now haha

A bit? - we haven't beaten the f*ckers in over a decade but look at the title of the thread, absolute cringefest.

If the boot were on the other foot we'd be laughing our tits off.
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:00 - Jun 3 with 3101 viewsKeno

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:55 - Jun 3 by Libero

A bit? - we haven't beaten the f*ckers in over a decade but look at the title of the thread, absolute cringefest.

If the boot were on the other foot we'd be laughing our tits off.

good grief is comes to something when you cant post something meant is jest cos we are very fractionally ahead of our nearest rivals in some obscure calculation

part of the reason for posting it, which I assumed everyone would assume was meant jovially, since then have I every posted anything of a serious nature, perhaps its those take it 'seriously' who need to check themselves.

hey ho, another cracking day in TWTDland, perhaps I'll go back to being a grown up and working

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:06 - Jun 3 with 3093 viewsLibero

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:00 - Jun 3 by Keno

good grief is comes to something when you cant post something meant is jest cos we are very fractionally ahead of our nearest rivals in some obscure calculation

part of the reason for posting it, which I assumed everyone would assume was meant jovially, since then have I every posted anything of a serious nature, perhaps its those take it 'seriously' who need to check themselves.

hey ho, another cracking day in TWTDland, perhaps I'll go back to being a grown up and working

I'm just viewing it through the gaze of our feathered friends mate, it's rife for p1ss taking.
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:17 - Jun 3 with 3078 viewsKeno

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:06 - Jun 3 by Libero

I'm just viewing it through the gaze of our feathered friends mate, it's rife for p1ss taking.

I can take the proverbial p1ss out of budgies over many and varied things, and do so quiet regularly

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:31 - Jun 3 with 3072 viewsLibero

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:17 - Jun 3 by Keno

I can take the proverbial p1ss out of budgies over many and varied things, and do so quiet regularly

Really? They're kind of on a different stratosphere to us these days.

I think anything that I can legitimately mock them for is at least a decade old...
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:50 - Jun 3 with 3060 viewsKeno

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:31 - Jun 3 by Libero

Really? They're kind of on a different stratosphere to us these days.

I think anything that I can legitimately mock them for is at least a decade old...

when a team plays in colours that resemble bile and piss, has a drunken turncoat media whore for a director, have won feck all, celebrate one win over a team in Germany, have qualifying for competitions on their honours board, have 5million family group members and a club song that makes Morrisey sound tuneful and lyrical you can always fund something

10 years pah!! Form is temporary class is permanent

And a true story

A couple of years ago we had a new attendant in local car park. Tibor is his name, his a nice lad. I asked him one day where he was from and his reply "The east of Hungary, a little sh1thole you would call Norwich'

I was surprised at my reaction and my friend had to explain why I found that amusing, which prompted a reaction of 'Ohh eepsitch, good team, Robson, Uefa Cup Tomas Priskin"
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 11:51]

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:13 - Jun 3 with 3030 viewsLibero

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 11:50 - Jun 3 by Keno

when a team plays in colours that resemble bile and piss, has a drunken turncoat media whore for a director, have won feck all, celebrate one win over a team in Germany, have qualifying for competitions on their honours board, have 5million family group members and a club song that makes Morrisey sound tuneful and lyrical you can always fund something

10 years pah!! Form is temporary class is permanent

And a true story

A couple of years ago we had a new attendant in local car park. Tibor is his name, his a nice lad. I asked him one day where he was from and his reply "The east of Hungary, a little sh1thole you would call Norwich'

I was surprised at my reaction and my friend had to explain why I found that amusing, which prompted a reaction of 'Ohh eepsitch, good team, Robson, Uefa Cup Tomas Priskin"
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 11:51]

In modern football we are completely and utterly irrelevant, If you're telling me that you wouldn't trade the last 15 years they've had for the 15 years we've had you're only lying to yourself mate.

Undoubtedly we have a grand history and a great pedigree for producing exceptional youth prospects and supplying England managers, but that is what it is, history.

Norwich are a very well run modern football club and as unappealing as I find the colour combination of yellow and green and as much as I hate them on derby day I look at what they've achieved since our relegation from the Premier League with envy.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 12:14]
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:31 - Jun 3 with 3006 viewsKeno

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:13 - Jun 3 by Libero

In modern football we are completely and utterly irrelevant, If you're telling me that you wouldn't trade the last 15 years they've had for the 15 years we've had you're only lying to yourself mate.

Undoubtedly we have a grand history and a great pedigree for producing exceptional youth prospects and supplying England managers, but that is what it is, history.

Norwich are a very well run modern football club and as unappealing as I find the colour combination of yellow and green and as much as I hate them on derby day I look at what they've achieved since our relegation from the Premier League with envy.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 12:14]

No wouldn't swap anything anytime for being a Norwich fan

Ok some their last 15 may have been better than ours but I have supported Town a longer than that.

Are they well run? Their finances aren't that brilliant and they could easily find themselves where we are, which wouldn't be the first time for them

And what exactly have they achieved? Won nothing, now trying to blag their way out of a yet another relegation and looking to have to sell off their prized asset to survive that.

I'm surprised a Town fan thinks that highly of highly of them

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 13:32 - Jun 3 with 2978 viewshaynes_toe1

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 12:31 - Jun 3 by Keno

No wouldn't swap anything anytime for being a Norwich fan

Ok some their last 15 may have been better than ours but I have supported Town a longer than that.

Are they well run? Their finances aren't that brilliant and they could easily find themselves where we are, which wouldn't be the first time for them

And what exactly have they achieved? Won nothing, now trying to blag their way out of a yet another relegation and looking to have to sell off their prized asset to survive that.

I'm surprised a Town fan thinks that highly of highly of them

I'm not sure why you're getting stick for having a little poke at them as it's all part of football and rivalry surely?

But in terms of are they well run I have to say you couldn't really get it more wrong. Compared to us they're fantastically well run. They don't owe their owners any money at all, all the money they have got into the football club they have attained through football success - i.e getting to the Prem League. They have several young players playing regularly in the prem, they scout all over the world and add to the academy throughout the season. They have 3 or 4 academy players likely to break through next season (I have a decent source for that one, for once) and they have players worth a lot of money should they need to cash in for any reason.

To say they've achieved nothing kind of ignores modern football and also paints us as being literally the least relevant football club in the country as we've not been promoted to a higher division in god knows how long.
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:11 - Jun 5 with 2823 viewsArnieM

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 13:32 - Jun 3 by haynes_toe1

I'm not sure why you're getting stick for having a little poke at them as it's all part of football and rivalry surely?

But in terms of are they well run I have to say you couldn't really get it more wrong. Compared to us they're fantastically well run. They don't owe their owners any money at all, all the money they have got into the football club they have attained through football success - i.e getting to the Prem League. They have several young players playing regularly in the prem, they scout all over the world and add to the academy throughout the season. They have 3 or 4 academy players likely to break through next season (I have a decent source for that one, for once) and they have players worth a lot of money should they need to cash in for any reason.

To say they've achieved nothing kind of ignores modern football and also paints us as being literally the least relevant football club in the country as we've not been promoted to a higher division in god knows how long.

I’d suggest that us being poorly run, doesn’t make them well run.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:40 - Jun 5 with 2813 viewsLibero

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:11 - Jun 5 by ArnieM

Correct, it just so happens that we are poorly run and they are well run.
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 19:21 - Jun 5 with 2715 viewshaynes_toe1

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:11 - Jun 5 by ArnieM

Of course, but how many other clubs have spent as much time in the prem or competing for promotion as they have, without having to rely on heavy investment from a (dodgy) owner or investor?
Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 21:34 - Jun 5 with 2668 viewsbluebud

Ha!!! Yet again we beat the Budgies on 09:40 - Jun 5 by Libero

Correct, it just so happens that we are poorly run and they are well run.

Subject matter aside, that was laugh out loud...lovely sentence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024