Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season 13:10 - Jun 1 with 4246 viewsitfcjoe

Contracts are up in June and will be leaving, so don't want to risk injury etc.

Lyle Taylor (11 goals this season)
Chris Solly (Hundreds of games for the club)
David Davis (Who is currently on loan from Birmingham)

Hard to be too critical when as a club Charlton are a complete and utter mess off the pitch
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 13:12]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 16:41 - Jun 3 with 381 viewsMach_foreignBlue

3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 14:02 - Jun 3 by itfcjoe

Yes, I bet you were saying the same after their last takeover a few months back too

Yes I did. I even said well done to their fans for having voiced their anger and displeasure over the way their club had been run under Duchatelet. That would have been the same for Evans if he was their owner.

You've been one of those who have been quick to criticise the ownerships of some clubs throughout the years. It's rich from any Ipswich fan to do given what complete and utter mess on and off the pitch Ipswich Town have been under Evans. Not Charlton as you've said, it's just Ipswich.
3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 17:50 - Jun 3 with 357 viewspointofblue

3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 13:10 - Jun 3 by tractorboy1978

Technically you are right although January is a continuation of the season, whereas this a pre-season situation, not coming back match fit and more susceptible to injuries - training for 3 weeks to play in 2 games before your contract expires.

I'd imagine from Charlton's point of view, the issue is more that he won't extend that deal and play on beyond 30th June.

Bowyer’s spoken again - has said Charlton will play three matches between 20th and 30th June and they could be the difference between survival and relegation, hence he wants Taylor to play in them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 20:04 - Jun 3 with 342 viewsitfcjoe

3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 16:41 - Jun 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes I did. I even said well done to their fans for having voiced their anger and displeasure over the way their club had been run under Duchatelet. That would have been the same for Evans if he was their owner.

You've been one of those who have been quick to criticise the ownerships of some clubs throughout the years. It's rich from any Ipswich fan to do given what complete and utter mess on and off the pitch Ipswich Town have been under Evans. Not Charlton as you've said, it's just Ipswich.

Because Ipswich are just a bit hapless under Evans, opposed to total car crashes.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 20:27 - Jun 3 with 331 viewsMach_foreignBlue

3 Charlton players refusing to play for them over remainder of the season on 20:04 - Jun 3 by itfcjoe

Because Ipswich are just a bit hapless under Evans, opposed to total car crashes.

Just 'a bit' ? We're set for further disasters with him at the helm. 2, maybe 3 years and we'll end up in League Two.

Imagine the day when Evans announces a sale of the club. Norwich fans will be begging him to stay with us and continue his job. They love him, they really do for what he has turned us into.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024