Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... 14:17 - Jun 1 with 1445 viewsmonytowbray

Even more than usual, the efforts have ramped up massively.

To the point where they got #dcblackout trending with obvious disinformation to scare people.

Social media really needs to up its game on policing what trends and fact checking, right now more than ever. These tech companies have done well off the back of their progressive websites and networks, but they also owe it to us now to ensure the number 2 trending topic on Twitter for over 30 minutes is factually correct.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 14:18 - Jun 1 with 1425 viewsSpruceMoose

It's those pesky middle class white boys again I expect.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 14:22 - Jun 1 with 1411 viewsmonytowbray

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 14:18 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

It's those pesky middle class white boys again I expect.

My profession means I'm pretty good at spotting fake websites and tweets. Although that's not a big claim to fame, anyone can educate themselves on this, there are many obvious telltale signs of fake accounts.

It's designed to make us distrust media and cause divide/fear.

Wonder where that report Johnson said he was going to release after the election went???

TWTD never forgets…

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 14:38 - Jun 1 with 1346 viewsfactual_blue

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 14:22 - Jun 1 by monytowbray

My profession means I'm pretty good at spotting fake websites and tweets. Although that's not a big claim to fame, anyone can educate themselves on this, there are many obvious telltale signs of fake accounts.

It's designed to make us distrust media and cause divide/fear.

Wonder where that report Johnson said he was going to release after the election went???

It's been buried under a bench near the river at Barnard Castle.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:30 - Jun 1 with 1277 viewsIllinoisblue

Realistically what can Twitter do? Literally hundreds of millions of tweets a month/year... how could they ever police that effectively? If you or i report something as offensive a human at Twitter HQ has to determine if it is offensive and then suspend or ban that person. That’s a 24/7 job for any army of thousands of people.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:38 - Jun 1 with 1249 viewsronnyd

Easy way out is to not subscribe i suppose. Or am i being too simplistic? Or simple?
Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:39 - Jun 1 with 1245 viewsSpruceMoose

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:30 - Jun 1 by Illinoisblue

Realistically what can Twitter do? Literally hundreds of millions of tweets a month/year... how could they ever police that effectively? If you or i report something as offensive a human at Twitter HQ has to determine if it is offensive and then suspend or ban that person. That’s a 24/7 job for any army of thousands of people.

Well there are now millions and millions of Americans out of work...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:58 - Jun 1 with 1208 viewsmonytowbray

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:30 - Jun 1 by Illinoisblue

Policing trends should be manageable.

TWTD never forgets…

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 16:17 - Jun 1 with 1171 viewsIllinoisblue

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:39 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

Well there are now millions and millions of Americans out of work...

Genius! The Americans Trump put out of work can now fact check him and put him out of work.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 16:19 - Jun 1 with 1162 viewsIllinoisblue

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 15:58 - Jun 1 by monytowbray

Policing trends should be manageable.

Even if it were, then what? Are they going to shut down millions of bot accounts? Or suspend/ban people who RT?

62 - 78 - 81

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 17:18 - Jun 1 with 1078 viewsRyorry

I've reported a handul of tweets over the years, last one being about 2 months ago iirc.

All were dealt with within a week - tweets deleted, accounts suspended and a thank you for reporting unacceptable stuff.

It has actually improved noticeably over the past year - haven't seen any dodgy political groups piggybacking onto trending hashtags of the day, as they used to.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 23:43 - Jun 1 with 949 viewsitfc_bucks

Well they can force you to link ID in the real world to your account, so that your online identity is proven to link to a legitimate real person, traceable and accountable for your online actions.
Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 00:57 - Jun 2 with 925 viewsRyorry

Twitter is still being heavily attacked by fake accounts... on 23:43 - Jun 1 by itfc_bucks

Well they can force you to link ID in the real world to your account, so that your online identity is proven to link to a legitimate real person, traceable and accountable for your online actions.

When I updated my dog's age in my profile, I had to email Twitter my passport photos to prove I wasn't under age!! 🤣

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024