Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... 15:57 - Jun 1 with 14427 viewsmonytowbray

...which I expect most of you do, you are antiFA.

Or now, as Donald Trump will call you, a terrorist.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:39 - Jun 1 with 1650 viewsBlueBadger

Punch more nazis.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:41 - Jun 1 with 1649 viewsFtnfwest

well, if you agree with Donald Trump then yes
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:41 - Jun 1 with 1642 viewsBluesquid

Perhaps someone should ask the BAME Americans if they think that antifa speaks for them, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the majority of BAME Americans are actually against the whole antifa operation.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 16:43]
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:41 - Jun 1 with 1639 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:39 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

Punch more nazis.

So many good Gifs of Nazis taking it on the chin online. My old grandad would have loved it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:44 - Jun 1 with 1630 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:41 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

Perhaps someone should ask the BAME Americans if they think that antifa speaks for them, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the majority of BAME Americans are actually against the whole antifa operation.

Jesus wept. How many times does this need to be explained?

1) Antifa is not a group.

2) There are many BAME who are involved in furthering the fight against fascism through the common goals, tactics and beliefs of Antifa.

Can everybody just write that on a Post-It note and stick it on their screen because I'm getting fed up of repeating it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:46 - Jun 1 with 1625 viewsBlueBadger

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:41 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

Why would black americans as a whole be 'opposed' to a loose ideology based around punching nazis?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:47 - Jun 1 with 1609 viewsDarth_Koont

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:17 - Jun 1 by bluelagos

"You do understand that you can be antifascist and still condemn the thuggish and violent behaviour of Antifa"

Which isn't what Trump has done is it?

Indeed. I understand Cruz's Antifa bill freely swaps between calling it Antifa (whoever that is) and "left-wing activism".

Which may also curry favour with some of the more radically moderate Democrats but it's pretty clear what the aim of this is: undemocratic control and little to do with anything actually terrorist-related.

Pronouns: He/Him

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:49 - Jun 1 with 1600 viewsBlueBadger

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:44 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

2) There are many BAME who are involved in furthering the fight against fascism through the common goals, tactics and beliefs of Antifa.

Can everybody just write that on a Post-It note and stick it on their screen because I'm getting fed up of repeating it.

Fair play to Squiddy here, this b0llocks makes all his posting about covid look informed.

Login to get fewer ads

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:51 - Jun 1 with 1589 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:46 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

Why would black americans as a whole be 'opposed' to a loose ideology based around punching nazis?

Because some folk are operation under the misguided assumption that the middle class white boy powered 'Antifa Gang' are the only people smashing and looting stores.

The realty is that some individuals who would align themselves with Antifa philosophies are smashing and looting stores, but so are a whole bunch of other people who are no way motivated by that. Perhaps they're sick and angry at the way BAME are treated, and are lashing out. Shock horror, perhaps some common criminals might also be taking advantage of the chaos.

So in this scenario, the white people standing in solidarity with BAME people are bad because of white privilege or something (Note - White Privilege also doesn't exist when convenient). Who knows. I can't follow their logic.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 16:58]

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:52 - Jun 1 with 1585 viewsBluesquid

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:44 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

Replace antifa with the 'anti fascist movement' then.

Still wouldn't surprise me if the majority of BAME Americans are against the whole anti fascist movement.
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:53 - Jun 1 with 1567 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:52 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

Still wouldn't surprise me if the majority of BAME Americans are against the whole anti fascist movement.

How many BAME Americans have you asked?

Your hunch isn't in line with what my real world conversations with BAME family, friends and colleagues are telling me.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:54 - Jun 1 with 1561 viewsBluesquid

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:49 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

Fair play to Squiddy here, this b0llocks makes all his posting about covid look informed.

Why do you have to start getting snide with the comments mate?
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:55 - Jun 1 with 1555 viewsBlueBadger

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:52 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

And again, why would black americans be 'against' a movement that's based, in part, around punching nazis.

When composing your answer, you may wis to consider, this:
https://www.theroot.com/an-annotated-breakdown-of-a-nazi-getting-punched-in-the-
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 16:57]

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:55 - Jun 1 with 1551 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:19 - Jun 1 by monytowbray

Give him a break, Phil has already had to delete half his posts this week.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:00 - Jun 1 with 1529 viewsBlueBadger

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:54 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

Well, you weren't responding to the civil question of 'why do you think black people would be a opposed to a movement that places a lot of importance on punching nazis', so I assumed that your answer was something even more stupid than your thoughts about covid and you were actually embarrassed by them.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:02 - Jun 1 with 1523 viewsBluesquid

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:53 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

How many BAME Americans have you asked?

Your hunch isn't in line with what my real world conversations with BAME family, friends and colleagues are telling me.

Fair enough, it is just my opinion but then equally your 20 (rough guess) contacts don't make up the whole BAME American community.
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:02 - Jun 1 with 1522 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:54 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

You could ignore Badger. Or answer his question. He's a reasonable type.

Edit - thank you for answering my question.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 17:05]

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:04 - Jun 1 with 1506 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:02 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

Fair enough, it is just my opinion but then equally your 20 (rough guess) contacts don't make up the whole BAME American community.

I didn't say it did. But it's a start. They also tell me about what is being said within their own social circles. So in reality, I'm hearing far more than 20 voices.

I'd also just like to point out that you're quite confident in your opinion based on a sample size of 0.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 17:05]

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:23 - Jun 1 with 1460 viewsBluesquid

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:00 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

Well, you weren't responding to the civil question of 'why do you think black people would be a opposed to a movement that places a lot of importance on punching nazis', so I assumed that your answer was something even more stupid than your thoughts about covid and you were actually embarrassed by them.

Ok they hate Nazis, do they also hate all cops too?

ACAB is being sprayed all over the show.
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:26 - Jun 1 with 1453 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:23 - Jun 1 by Bluesquid

Ok they hate Nazis, do they also hate all cops too?

ACAB is being sprayed all over the show.

Ever heard the expression a bad apple ruins the barrel? In case you were sleeping and missed it the cops aren't all that different from the fascists in many cases.

Good cops need to step up and oust bad cops rather than closing rank and defending them. When they start doing that then they can start being allies.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 17:28]

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:27 - Jun 1 with 1445 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:10 - Jun 1 by GlasgowBlue

You do understand that you can be antifascist and still condemn the thuggish and violent behaviour of Antifa

Next you'll be saying that if you condemn the Democratic People's Republic of Korea then you are opposing democracy.

Edit. Better put in the usual disclaimer that Trump is a c'nt etc etc.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 16:12]

Is there an annual membership fee to join?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:28 - Jun 1 with 1443 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:27 - Jun 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is there an annual membership fee to join?

As little as £3 a year...

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:47 - Jun 1 with 1399 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:30 - Jun 1 by LankHenners

Basically.

It's an autonomous activist movement comprised of people with left-wing politics who generally champion direct action over things like signing petitions but can involve peaceful protests, marches etc.

Because of its autonomous nature, anyone can claim to be a part of it, and so it can't really be defined as a 'group' as such, and therefore a small group of people can't represent the entire movement. People may not say they're part of 'Antifa' but can disingenuously be labelled as such if they're doing something that would generally be looked down upon.

Indeed...think Animal Liberation Front.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:47 - Jun 1 with 1403 viewsSwansea_Blue

It strikes me that people aren't clear on the definition of Antifa and all we're getting here is a typical binary titt for tatt based on normal left/right lines. Isn't Antifa supposed to define groups (weakly organised, but groups nonetheless) who adopt non-peaceful, military style action?

Some of those on the right seem to have broadened that definition and apply it to anyone who opposes their fascist viewpoint (Donald Trump being an excellent example). Meanwhile some of those on the left fall into the same trap and assume anyone who doesn't like Antifa must be a fascist.

There seems to be a middle ground here where I imagine a lot of people sit: those who don't like the trend of increased right wing authoritarianism and see it as creeping fascism, but who don't want to smash things up but protest peacefully (or not protest at all). They're not Antifa, they're just sensible people.

I'm all for people punching Nazis when they need to, but there are times when direct action can be more of a hindrance than a help (channeling my inner Gandhi here).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 17:50 - Jun 1 with 1383 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:46 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

Perhaps your finest 15 seconds Badger.(Apologies to Mrs Badger)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024