Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... 15:57 - Jun 1 with 14390 viewsmonytowbray

...which I expect most of you do, you are antiFA.

Or now, as Donald Trump will call you, a terrorist.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:23 - Jun 2 with 1602 viewsNewcyBlue

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:10 - Jun 1 by GlasgowBlue

You do understand that you can be antifascist and still condemn the thuggish and violent behaviour of Antifa

Next you'll be saying that if you condemn the Democratic People's Republic of Korea then you are opposing democracy.

Edit. Better put in the usual disclaimer that Trump is a c'nt etc etc.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 16:12]

Having had time to ponder this, I can’t really say anything.

I’m all for punching racists, and have been involved in the odd altercation with racists. But these have been when I have seen someone being intimidated by a person or people and have nowhere to escape. Like when on a metro with MrsN and somebody racially abusing her.

Therefore, whilst I do think violence is the last resort, sometimes it’s the only language some people understand.

I cannot comprehend the situation in the US right now.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:26 - Jun 2 with 1586 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 07:10 - Jun 2 by lowhouseblue

ok: "For what it's worth the definition of fascism is: a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe"

trump is nasty, bigoted, dishonest and hateful.

but by the definition you have posted trump is not a wannabe fascist. there you go.

trump is a right wing populist nationalist opportunist.

but dictatorial power, the suppression of opposition and the regimentation of society and the economy are not part of what was happening under trump. it is not comparable to 'early 20th-century europe.' and it is a misuse of language and a misrepresentation of history to suggest that he is.

Oh my sweet summer child. Bless your heart.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:39 - Jun 2 with 1566 viewsGlasgowBlue

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:23 - Jun 2 by NewcyBlue

Having had time to ponder this, I can’t really say anything.

I’m all for punching racists, and have been involved in the odd altercation with racists. But these have been when I have seen someone being intimidated by a person or people and have nowhere to escape. Like when on a metro with MrsN and somebody racially abusing her.

Therefore, whilst I do think violence is the last resort, sometimes it’s the only language some people understand.

I cannot comprehend the situation in the US right now.

I have no issue with giving racists a good hiding.

My issue is with the white privileged thugs who are smashing up black communities whilst the locals are pleading with them to stop. These people are egged on by the keyboard warriors who haven’t left their bedrooms in the past three months.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:58 - Jun 2 with 1541 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:39 - Jun 2 by GlasgowBlue

My issue is with the white privileged thugs who are smashing up black communities whilst the locals are pleading with them to stop. These people are egged on by the keyboard warriors who haven’t left their bedrooms in the past three months.

Interestingly I saw a gay black councillor explaining how they had to try and prevent known white nationalists from torching their neighbourhood 2 nights ago...not sure what class they were though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 14:04 - Jun 2 with 1522 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:39 - Jun 2 by GlasgowBlue

I know you have me on ignore, but I'm replying as it is important that other people see what you are doing when you make it up as you go along.

I'm going to put this as politely as possible.

The protests and the looting are two entirely separate matters that have a shared root. That you keep trying to link the two is telling. That you are hung up on this weird middle class white boy thing is frankly unhelpful. If you focus on white middle class people, and make people believe that it is mostly white middle class people rioting and looting (and let's be clear, there are white people involved) then you distract people from the real story.

Come over to Brownsville, get off Twitter and out from behind your keyboard. See how many middle class white boys are rioting and looting there, or in East New York, or Canarsie. I doubt many middle class white boys could even point to those areas on a map let alone riot and loot there.

You can even watch last night's looting in Times Square and it will show that your narrative doesn't hold up. I think with this middle class white boy keyboard warrior business you're just projecting your own conflicted feelings that stem from emerging from a lifetime of Conservatism.

All you do when you trot out your white boys line is delegitimise the pain and anguish felt by black Americans. With that in mind, I think you should go to the protest for no other reason than it may allow you to fill in the gaps in your knowledge caused by preexisting biases. If you approach it openly and with an honest heart, perhaps you'll learn something.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:01]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 14:15 - Jun 2 with 1499 viewsGlasgowBlue

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:58 - Jun 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Interestingly I saw a gay black councillor explaining how they had to try and prevent known white nationalists from torching their neighbourhood 2 nights ago...not sure what class they were though.

White privilege doesn’t recognise class. You can be from the lowest class that exists but if you are white then the system is still stacked in your favour and against people of colour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 14:47 - Jun 2 with 1460 viewsEireannach_gorm

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 04:41 - Jun 2 by monytowbray

If anyone else needs a little bit more help to focus on the real issue.

Click and read the thread.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 4:43]

https://twitter.com/jwehrens

Have a little browse through the latest tweets. There are some very interesting dynamics in this encounter. I particularly liked the arrest of the black guy for allegedly having a hatchet while the white guy in earlier shot brandishes one without any action by police.
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 15:22 - Jun 2 with 1429 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 14:47 - Jun 2 by Eireannach_gorm

https://twitter.com/jwehrens

Have a little browse through the latest tweets. There are some very interesting dynamics in this encounter. I particularly liked the arrest of the black guy for allegedly having a hatchet while the white guy in earlier shot brandishes one without any action by police.

The protesters should just turn up at government buildings with machine guns and body armor because apparently that's completely fine.

Login to get fewer ads

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:07 - Jun 2 with 1396 viewsmonytowbray

Some more “middle class white boys” ruining protests with violence and destruction on this account.

https://instagram.com/iameli_hendrixx?igshid=lugatoqpp1hc

Do people get it yet?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:17 - Jun 2 with 1378 viewsclive_baker

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 14:15 - Jun 2 by GlasgowBlue

White privilege doesn’t recognise class. You can be from the lowest class that exists but if you are white then the system is still stacked in your favour and against people of colour.

I saw this earlier in reply to a moron:

"White privilege doesn't mean your life hasn't been hard. It means your skin tone isn't one of the things making it harder".

I thought that was wonderfully put.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:17 - Jun 2 with 1377 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:44 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

Jesus wept. How many times does this need to be explained?

1) Antifa is not a group.

2) There are many BAME who are involved in furthering the fight against fascism through the common goals, tactics and beliefs of Antifa.

Can everybody just write that on a Post-It note and stick it on their screen because I'm getting fed up of repeating it.

You’re full of yourself lately eh.
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:19 - Jun 2 with 1366 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:17 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You’re full of yourself lately eh.

Anything of actual interest to contribute Don Jr?

You've been here too long mate. You've gone native.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:21 - Jun 2 with 1362 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There are organized groups smashing up prowl property in amongst the peaceful protests. They don’t go to the nasty areas though, not around here anyway.
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 16:25 - Jun 2 with 1357 viewsjaykay

hopefully things will change. in the late 60s the anti vietnan war protests started by the youth of america. at the time they were vilified by the right wing in america. jane fonda was christened hanoi jane amonst other vile names. when the anti vietnam protests spread world wide [my avatar london protest 1968] the government of the states took notice . i know this a different thing altogether but demos can make a difference

0.34 in this clip is a powerful message about racism

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 18:30 - Jun 2 with 1297 viewsSirBasilBrush

Agreed. And if you support democracy then you must support the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!
This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 18:32 - Jun 2 with 1290 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 18:30 - Jun 2 by SirBasilBrush

Agreed. And if you support democracy then you must support the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!

Sounds awfully familiar...

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 19:26 - Jun 2 with 1252 viewslowhouseblue

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 07:33 - Jun 2 by IPS_wich

Happy to concede that he is a long way from 1930s Germany, but:

- 'dictatorial power': he has already exceeded 50% of the number of Executive Orders of the last three two-term presidents, and signed more EOs than any President in his first year of office since Johnson did (and most of Johnson's were related to the Vietnam War.

- Forcible suppression of opposition: The moment Twitter opposed him he signed an EO to increase the regulation of social media. This weekend he had to back down from his 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts', plus his whole 'fake news' movement is nothing but suppression of opposition.

- Ultranationalist: The MAGA campaign, followed by the most extensive set of protectionist trade arrangements in a generation.

I stand by what I said - he is a wannabe fascist. The only reason is he is a wannabe is that he hasn't followed through on any of his threats. His is the epitome of 21st Century Fascism.

absolute nonsense.'dictatorial power' - he is working within the us constitution and all of the checks and limits that implies. the idea that a us president has dictatorial power is fantasy. 'forcible suppression of opposition' - opposition has not been forcibly suppressed - it protected by the courts and by the constitution. it is alive and well and very active.

you also forget 'strong regimentation of society and of the economy'. trump's speciality isn't regimentation it's chaos. lots of his supporters and backers are far right libertarians who oppose everything any state does.

by the definition you posted this is nowhere near fascism and misusing words and political concepts is pretty brainless. remember your definition sets the benchmark against which all this is to be assessed as 'europe in the early 20th century'. the idea that there is any meaningful comparison is plainly nonsense.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 19:33]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 19:29 - Jun 2 with 1248 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 19:26 - Jun 2 by lowhouseblue

absolute nonsense.'dictatorial power' - he is working within the us constitution and all of the checks and limits that implies. the idea that a us president has dictatorial power is fantasy. 'forcible suppression of opposition' - opposition has not been forcibly suppressed - it protected by the courts and by the constitution. it is alive and well and very active.

you also forget 'strong regimentation of society and of the economy'. trump's speciality isn't regimentation it's chaos. lots of his supporters and backers are far right libertarians who oppose everything any state does.

by the definition you posted this is nowhere near fascism and misusing words and political concepts is pretty brainless. remember your definition sets the benchmark against which all this is to be assessed as 'europe in the early 20th century'. the idea that there is any meaningful comparison is plainly nonsense.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 19:33]

Yet again we arrive back at you being more upset with terminology than abuses.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 19:32 - Jun 2 with 1241 viewslowhouseblue

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 19:29 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Yet again we arrive back at you being more upset with terminology than abuses.

my first post started by condemning trump. did i use too many words?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 19:37 - Jun 2 with 1225 viewsSpruceMoose

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 19:32 - Jun 2 by lowhouseblue

my first post started by condemning trump. did i use too many words?

Using some upper case letters would be a start.

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 21:30 - Jun 2 with 1158 viewsSpruceMoose

Violent thugs on the rampage again.

https://imgur.com/r/gifs/RBTDYjW

In other news, I see Callis has gone. Good job to those who goaded him into leaving /getting the boot. You must be very proud.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 21:33]

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 13:23 - Jun 3 with 1065 viewsEireannach_gorm

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... on 21:30 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Violent thugs on the rampage again.

https://imgur.com/r/gifs/RBTDYjW

In other news, I see Callis has gone. Good job to those who goaded him into leaving /getting the boot. You must be very proud.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 21:33]

'opposition has not been forcibly suppressed - it protected by the courts and by the constitution. it is alive and well and very active.'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024