Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... 16:12 - Jun 1 with 3351 viewsITFC_Forever

But right about now, I should be behind enemy lines having something to eat and drink before seeing them at Carrow Road.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:14 - Jun 1 with 3335 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I was supposed to be at Spurs watching Guns N’ Roses on Saturday

Would have been an unbelievable day for it too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:15 - Jun 1 with 3323 viewsHerbivore

You've been spared.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:22 - Jun 1 with 3280 viewsITFC_Forever

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:14 - Jun 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We were supposed to be on the North Cornish coast all last week too, and it was perfect weather and surf ... back on Saturday, extra day off today for the Killers, then back to work tomorrow.

Feckin' virus.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 17:15]

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:23 - Jun 1 with 3279 viewsITFC_Forever

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:15 - Jun 1 by Herbivore

You've been spared.

Knew someone would pipe up with a comment to that effect...

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:31 - Jun 1 with 3247 viewsJ4ck22

Yeah that would be me in a few days, except at the Emirates instead of 'there'.
I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:36 - Jun 1 with 3232 viewsDubtractor

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:14 - Jun 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I saw Guns n Roses at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1993. They were fooking terrible.

In hindsight the band had pretty much fallen apart by that point with a load of bloated egos and all the vices that come with being a band that big on the way up.

Metallica at the same venue the week later was awesome though!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:38 - Jun 1 with 3230 viewsBlueBadger

They probably would have come away with at least a draw as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:38 - Jun 1 with 3224 viewsBrixtonBlue

At least you can look on the brightside.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:40 - Jun 1 with 3213 viewsITFC_Forever

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:38 - Jun 1 by BrixtonBlue

At least you can look on the brightside.

Only when I was young.

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:49 - Jun 1 with 3189 viewsBrixtonBlue

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:40 - Jun 1 by ITFC_Forever

Only when I was young.

I actually stumbled across them playing live on FB yesterday for some lockdown thing and thought it was very good. A band I used to like and then sort of forgot about.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 17:06 - Jun 1 with 3164 viewshoppy

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:49 - Jun 1 by BrixtonBlue

I actually stumbled across them playing live on FB yesterday for some lockdown thing and thought it was very good. A band I used to like and then sort of forgot about.

Can you remember what Day, and Age?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 17:07 - Jun 1 with 3163 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:36 - Jun 1 by Dubtractor

In hindsight the band had pretty much fallen apart by that point with a load of bloated egos and all the vices that come with being a band that big on the way up.

Yes, there was definitely a good 15-20 year window when they either didn’t exist, were effectively imposters or absolutely woeful!

I gather they’re back on form now, and hopefully still will be whenever it’s rearranged for

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 18:34 - Jun 1 with 3078 viewsDubtractor

I've missed so many gigs because of this its actually a bit annoying. Live music is my thing.

This Saturday would have been Drive by Truckers at kentish town forum.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 18:36 - Jun 1 with 3071 viewsdickie

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 17:07 - Jun 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, there was definitely a good 15-20 year window when they either didn’t exist, were effectively imposters or absolutely woeful!

I gather they’re back on form now, and hopefully still will be whenever it’s rearranged for

Where's Izzy?
I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 18:54 - Jun 1 with 3035 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fantastic first album but then went to sh1t I thought.

This is my favourite song of all time -

Actually, it's probably just about my 2nd favourite behind this. It's a close call though.

[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 18:57]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 19:58 - Jun 1 with 2953 viewsjeera

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 16:36 - Jun 1 by Dubtractor

I saw Metalica around that time at MK too.

Megadeath were the support band.

Was a good day, sun was out, good humoured crowd and I had several smokes on the go and a crate of beer next to me.

Whether it was '93 I couldn't tell you but sounds about right.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 21:29 - Jun 1 with 2891 viewsDubtractor

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 19:58 - Jun 1 by jeera

I saw Metalica around that time at MK too.

Megadeath were the support band.

Was a good day, sun was out, good humoured crowd and I had several smokes on the go and a crate of beer next to me.

Whether it was '93 I couldn't tell you but sounds about right.

I reckon it was the same gig.

Metallica
Megadeth
The Almighty
Diamond Head.

Climbing the slope at the back to get to the toilets, whilst hammered, was a challenge as I recall it.

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 21:50 - Jun 1 with 2868 viewsFoD_Blue

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 17:07 - Jun 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I saw them last year at download Festival and though that they were awful. Seen them quite a few times, the first being at the 1988 Monsters of Rock, and last year was the worst I have ever seen them. Axl Rose couldn't hold a note and they played a 3 hour set full of random covers and timewasting twiddly solos.

A couple of weeks ago I was supposed to have been on Daytona Beach at Welcome to Rockville festival with Metallica headlining two days and Disturbed on the other day. The lineup was brilliant, but unfortunately and I guess not surprisingly the whole Florida holiday fell through.

Should have been seeing Queen next weekend and Download festival the weekend after.
Just realised that I should have been watching Whitesnake, Foreigner and Europe tonight too.
I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 22:09 - Jun 1 with 2844 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 21:50 - Jun 1 by FoD_Blue

I saw them last year at download Festival and though that they were awful. Seen them quite a few times, the first being at the 1988 Monsters of Rock, and last year was the worst I have ever seen them. Axl Rose couldn't hold a note and they played a 3 hour set full of random covers and timewasting twiddly solos.

A couple of weeks ago I was supposed to have been on Daytona Beach at Welcome to Rockville festival with Metallica headlining two days and Disturbed on the other day. The lineup was brilliant, but unfortunately and I guess not surprisingly the whole Florida holiday fell through.

Should have been seeing Queen next weekend and Download festival the weekend after.
Just realised that I should have been watching Whitesnake, Foreigner and Europe tonight too.

Well that’s concerning!

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 22:16 - Jun 1 with 2827 viewsDarth_Koont

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 18:54 - Jun 1 by ThisIsMyUsername

Fantastic first album but then went to sh1t I thought.

This is my favourite song of all time -

Actually, it's probably just about my 2nd favourite behind this. It's a close call though.

[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 18:57]

Yeah I thought much the same about The Killers and Hot Fuss as an album

And I'll whisper it but I really liked Coldplay and Kings of Leon and their first albums too.

They all seemed to "suffer" the same fate of churning out more profitable stadium rock after that.

Pronouns: He/Him

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 22:22 - Jun 1 with 2807 viewsDubtractor

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 22:16 - Jun 1 by Darth_Koont

Yeah I thought much the same about The Killers and Hot Fuss as an album

And I'll whisper it but I really liked Coldplay and Kings of Leon and their first albums too.

They all seemed to "suffer" the same fate of churning out more profitable stadium rock after that.

To be fair, the first 3 Kings of Leon albums are great. Absolute horse sh1t after that though.

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 22:30 - Jun 1 with 2790 viewsDarth_Koont

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 22:22 - Jun 1 by Dubtractor

To be fair, the first 3 Kings of Leon albums are great. Absolute horse sh1t after that though.

Good point. I should have said early albums about KoL.

They didn't go downhill from the start like the others did for me. But a huge disappointment as you say.

Pronouns: He/Him

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 08:08 - Jun 2 with 2657 viewsHerbivore

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 22:22 - Jun 1 by Dubtractor

First two for me, third one I didn't enjoy as much and after that you're right that they went full stadium rock garbage. I saw them at UEA back when they were actually good and it was a very good gig.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I know not everyone on here is a Killers fan.... on 08:39 - Jun 2 with 2620 viewsBluefish

I was supposed to be watching Camila Cabello last night, first time that I have been happy about being in a lockdown

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024