Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America 11:34 - Jun 2 with 1665 viewsgiant_stow

Is he right? I have no idea.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:38 - Jun 2 with 1614 viewsLankHenners

When Dan Hodges is the subject of the question ‘are they right?’, the answer is almost certainly ‘no’.

I’d say it’s very naive to think that more armed presence on the streets is going to curtail violence, particularly when the majority of it is coming from those supposed to ‘serve and protect’.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:40 - Jun 2 with 1604 viewsfooters

Very troubling stuff. But don't fret, the coastguard are on hand...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:41 - Jun 2 with 1587 viewspointofblue

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:38 - Jun 2 by LankHenners

When Dan Hodges is the subject of the question ‘are they right?’, the answer is almost certainly ‘no’.

I’d say it’s very naive to think that more armed presence on the streets is going to curtail violence, particularly when the majority of it is coming from those supposed to ‘serve and protect’.

I think that’s what Hodges is implying - when he says ‘over’ he means if Trump loses the military or armed police then he loses a key component of his defence.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:45 - Jun 2 with 1540 viewsLankHenners

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:41 - Jun 2 by pointofblue

I think that’s what Hodges is implying - when he says ‘over’ he means if Trump loses the military or armed police then he loses a key component of his defence.

If the military come in and quell the violence then Trump will have been proved 'right' to do what he did.

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:47 - Jun 2 with 1515 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:45 - Jun 2 by LankHenners

If the military come in and quell the violence then Trump will have been proved 'right' to do what he did.

He's talking about the possibility of a high percentage of the military refusing to obey Trump's orders.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:53 - Jun 2 with 1481 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:47 - Jun 2 by J2BLUE

He's talking about the possibility of a high percentage of the military refusing to obey Trump's orders.

Yes, and I guess some kind of civil war, or something getitng very close to that at least...

It's not that daft a thought is it, given the existing splits in society over there?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:57 - Jun 2 with 1453 viewsLankHenners

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:47 - Jun 2 by J2BLUE

Does anyone really think that's going to happen? Besides, his orders have been to send them in to "quickly solve the problem" which is vague enough to mean anything.

What exactly does Hodges mean by 'protect the protesters'? That the military will go in and directly oppose the cops? As I said, if whatever the military does stops violence, even if it's an unlikely scenario where they form a protective ring around protesters, then Trump will say he made the right decision to use such tactics, regardless of the initial intentions.

The only 'lose' here for Trump is if this increases violence and it spurs enough people to vote him out, although even then it equally gives him the opportunity to go on a big Patriotic drive about left-wing protesters being a national threat to American democracy and that type of BS you know he's bound to spin.

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:57 - Jun 2 with 1453 viewsfooters

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:53 - Jun 2 by giant_stow

Yes, and I guess some kind of civil war, or something getitng very close to that at least...

It's not that daft a thought is it, given the existing splits in society over there?

When you look at the number of armed groups in America who've been prepping for a civil war for decades, it really won't take much to make it go off. On top of that, there are still many extreme elements on all sides pushing for an eventual race war. This seems to be a near perfect storm for that.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 12:01 - Jun 2 with 1416 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:57 - Jun 2 by footers

When you look at the number of armed groups in America who've been prepping for a civil war for decades, it really won't take much to make it go off. On top of that, there are still many extreme elements on all sides pushing for an eventual race war. This seems to be a near perfect storm for that.

I still don't think that the US military will forcefully put down the process. Maybe I am being naive but there are a lot of generals who I don't believe would allow their troops to undertake such an action.

As for the preppers, they wouldn't last 10 minutes against the military if it did turn that way. The trouble is they are likely to be on the side of the presidents office which would mean the military going against that office which also seems unlikely.

It's a horrible situation over there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 12:04 - Jun 2 with 1376 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:57 - Jun 2 by LankHenners

Does anyone really think that's going to happen? Besides, his orders have been to send them in to "quickly solve the problem" which is vague enough to mean anything.

What exactly does Hodges mean by 'protect the protesters'? That the military will go in and directly oppose the cops? As I said, if whatever the military does stops violence, even if it's an unlikely scenario where they form a protective ring around protesters, then Trump will say he made the right decision to use such tactics, regardless of the initial intentions.

The only 'lose' here for Trump is if this increases violence and it spurs enough people to vote him out, although even then it equally gives him the opportunity to go on a big Patriotic drive about left-wing protesters being a national threat to American democracy and that type of BS you know he's bound to spin.

Obviously its hard to tell, but there do seem to be plenty of incidences on social media of police sympathysing with the cause (if not the looting). Individuals in the police and military will have their own political leanings - if push to comes to shove and they disobey fascistic orders, then there's suddenly two police forces, two armies...

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 12:09 - Jun 2 with 1352 viewsDarth_Koont

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:38 - Jun 2 by LankHenners

Indeed. He's one of those edgy radical moderates that are so good at adding their own cloud to the debate. For clickbait and money, it seems.

Pronouns: He/Him

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 12:10 - Jun 2 with 1346 viewsfooters

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 12:01 - Jun 2 by StokieBlue

I still don't think that the US military will forcefully put down the process. Maybe I am being naive but there are a lot of generals who I don't believe would allow their troops to undertake such an action.

As for the preppers, they wouldn't last 10 minutes against the military if it did turn that way. The trouble is they are likely to be on the side of the presidents office which would mean the military going against that office which also seems unlikely.

SB

I think it would be a pretty mixed bag as far as the military are concerned. Of course, a lot will be BAME themselves and refuse such actions, but then again Trump has made the military second only to the economy in terms of his rhetoric. Suspect a lot will stand in support of him as their Commander in Chief.

My concerns on the preppers aren't so much that they'd be able to carry out anything serious, but merely act as another unneeded catalyst in a country with citizens that have access to almost 400 million firearms.

These issues around race, police brutality etc seem especially stark in the US. They've been paying lip service to real change for decades now and it was only a matter of time before another Rodney King sparked something this big. Of course there have been a million more events like this in between but nowhere near the scale. It's a terrifying and utterly depressing situation.

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 12:13 - Jun 2 with 1314 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:57 - Jun 2 by LankHenners

I don't think it will happen, I was just clarifying the point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 13:16 - Jun 2 with 1188 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:53 - Jun 2 by giant_stow

There was actually a pretty interesting podcast I listened to recently that walked you through, if there was ever to be a second American civil war, how it might start, how it might play out, and what would come after.

Obviously take with a pinch of salt, but it does bring up some interesting points (such as who controls most of the drinking water in California - hint, it ain't LA).

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-it-could-happen-here-30717896/

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 13:17 - Jun 2 with 1180 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 13:16 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

There was actually a pretty interesting podcast I listened to recently that walked you through, if there was ever to be a second American civil war, how it might start, how it might play out, and what would come after.

Obviously take with a pinch of salt, but it does bring up some interesting points (such as who controls most of the drinking water in California - hint, it ain't LA).

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-it-could-happen-here-30717896/

Ta, I'll check that out later after bedtime. sounds very interesting.

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 13:19 - Jun 2 with 1179 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 12:01 - Jun 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Quite. Your average 2A loving bibles and guns funboy isn't going to be the one who would ultimately battle a government long term. Those chubby farm boys would get taken out in the first wave. Smarter people would then pick up their weapons and it would be guerrilla war time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 13:24 - Jun 2 with 1151 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 11:41 - Jun 2 by pointofblue

Yes that’s exactly how I read it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Interesting tweet re seriousness of situation in America on 14:41 - Jun 2 with 1076 viewsDarth_Koont

Only if the orders are "crush the protests". Their orders will more likely be to protect against and contain violence. Just like in the Rodney King LA riots.

Trump may editorialise that in his tweets to play the strongman but the actual orders will not be to stop people peacefully protesting. I would almost guarantee that, not least because it would be on record.

As always, the greatest weapon and threat is Trump himself and how he gets off on playing fast and loose with his words not necessarily his actions.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024