Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... 14:54 - Jun 2 with 4065 viewsDebsyAngel

Not sure if anyone else has had problems with them - but this is what is happening with me. Like I need more hassle when I am already drowning in depression and not coping.

They send me a text that they are sending a new SIM card, as they are updating their network, and will send it asap. It arrived today. Followed the patronising instructions, and after the 10 min wait (in fact 1 1/2 hours wait) - the SIM NOT VALID.

My old card will be cut off after 30 days because of this new network thing, and I will be without a phone. Hardly great when out and need for emergencies or my parents ring me.

We are already in a dispute with them over unpaid refunds for Sky Sports that we did not have, and my husband has taken it to a complaints site.

Anyone offer any advice? I do not want a new phone - I am happy with the little old fashioned Nokia and do not want a smartphone as I only use my phone for calls/texts/reminders etc.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:01 - Jun 2 with 3570 viewsTractorWood

Sorry no advice. Virgin holidays are being equally painful about holiday refunds. Their phone lines just cut off and they aren't returning money. Branson is too busy launching rockets and trying to flog his tax haven to care.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:03 - Jun 2 with 3568 viewsKeno

I never used Virgin but understand you are not alone in your issues.

Have you looked at sim only deals with anyone else?

I use and am happy (touch wood) with O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals?&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Nz9yKXj6Q

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:06 - Jun 2 with 3554 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:03 - Jun 2 by Keno

I never used Virgin but understand you are not alone in your issues.

Have you looked at sim only deals with anyone else?

I use and am happy (touch wood) with O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals?&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Nz9yKXj6Q

It maybe something to consider. I just do not understand why send a new card when this "wonderful" new network isn;t even up and running 100%? I really do not need the hassle when I can barely cope with life at the moment.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:08 - Jun 2 with 3544 viewsBasuco

Did they give you a date to put it in your mobile? My new SIM came but they said do not use it straight away wait for a text to say when to put it in. With me it was a day or two later and it just worked.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:09 - Jun 2 with 3543 viewsfooters

Sadly many companies only respond quickly when they're embarrassed into doing so. I'd create a Twitter account if you don't have one already and make a complaint/query on the Virgin Mobile page.

But Virgin have been terrible with a lot of customer support issues every time I've used them.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:13 - Jun 2 with 3525 viewsBasuco

Also, Virgin mobile are moving from EE to Vodafone at some point, maybe with this sim, if you do not have a very strong Vodafone signal you may want to consider staying with EE.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:26 - Jun 2 with 3491 viewsKeno

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:06 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

It maybe something to consider. I just do not understand why send a new card when this "wonderful" new network isn;t even up and running 100%? I really do not need the hassle when I can barely cope with life at the moment.

I know these things very incredibly frustrating and sometimes its seem the world is conspiring against you

very frustrating!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:32 - Jun 2 with 3483 viewsjeera

If you have Sky TV why haven't you just got one of their sim deals?

My old mum has a basic Sky package and she got 2 cards for £9 a month.

I dunno what data you use but I only use wifi on mine so maybe that's an issue?

But they both come with X amount of data and they allow it to roll over too.

My [mobile] phone bill per month in other words = £4.50.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:37 - Jun 2 with 3477 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:08 - Jun 2 by Basuco

Did they give you a date to put it in your mobile? My new SIM came but they said do not use it straight away wait for a text to say when to put it in. With me it was a day or two later and it just worked.

No date given on my letter. just "do this as soon as possible"
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:38 - Jun 2 with 3473 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:09 - Jun 2 by footers

Sadly many companies only respond quickly when they're embarrassed into doing so. I'd create a Twitter account if you don't have one already and make a complaint/query on the Virgin Mobile page.

But Virgin have been terrible with a lot of customer support issues every time I've used them.

I don;t do Twitter, but I have sent a rotten review of them on Trustpilot and will do so on their site as well, but they still do nothing.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:40 - Jun 2 with 3468 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:32 - Jun 2 by jeera

If you have Sky TV why haven't you just got one of their sim deals?

My old mum has a basic Sky package and she got 2 cards for £9 a month.

I dunno what data you use but I only use wifi on mine so maybe that's an issue?

But they both come with X amount of data and they allow it to roll over too.

My [mobile] phone bill per month in other words = £4.50.

We don't have Sky - we got ours through Virgin Media. Our wifi is fine - and that is Virgin too.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:42 - Jun 2 with 3460 viewsjeera

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:40 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

We don't have Sky - we got ours through Virgin Media. Our wifi is fine - and that is Virgin too.

Sorry, it was the Sky Sports that threw me.

I'd want a refund too if I was being billed for something I didn't even have.

Oh, I did, that was Now TV. I wanted a single match and was charged over a whole year.

There was no one to discuss this with and I was rather annoyed.

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:51 - Jun 2 with 3441 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:42 - Jun 2 by jeera

Sorry, it was the Sky Sports that threw me.

I'd want a refund too if I was being billed for something I didn't even have.

Oh, I did, that was Now TV. I wanted a single match and was charged over a whole year.

There was no one to discuss this with and I was rather annoyed.

How did you sort it?
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:56 - Jun 2 with 3428 viewsjeera

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 15:51 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

How did you sort it?

I didn't.

There were long pointless discussions by some chat thing which was a nightmare; a different Indian chap every single time.

I got around half back and they kept fobbing me off about the rest.

I phoned Sky and although they agreed with me in principle and could even see I'd used the thing only once the year before, they couldn't help as they operate separately.

It just ended in lots of aimless abuse from me in a vain effort to get some kind of money's worth. They really didn't care and there's no one to yell at. No office contact, no phone number.

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 17:01 - Jun 2 with 3387 viewsstrikalite

I didn't have any problems to be honest, they sent a new sim, which you have to cut down to fit your phone obviously, must admit I did have to take it out and put it back in a couple of times if I remember rightly....could try that if you haven't already. Could be that your old phone won't except the sim?

They cut my bill from £15 a month to £11 as they're sim only now, in other words for £15 you got a new phone every other year, now for £11 you get the sim card only..

The good news is you have 30 days, so keep using it for now and phone virgin mobile when convenient and when it's quiet, if you're trying to get through and waiting more than 10 minutes try another time...it's very hit and miss from one day to another, at least you're at home(I think)so you can avoid busy times hopefully..

I know it's frustrating, they bloody love changing for the sake of it, to keep people in jobs it seems...
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 17:03]
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 17:17 - Jun 2 with 3363 viewsJ2BLUE

I apologise for asking what will probably be a stupid question but have you got the sim in the right way?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 17:20 - Jun 2 with 3358 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 17:01 - Jun 2 by strikalite

I didn't have any problems to be honest, they sent a new sim, which you have to cut down to fit your phone obviously, must admit I did have to take it out and put it back in a couple of times if I remember rightly....could try that if you haven't already. Could be that your old phone won't except the sim?

They cut my bill from £15 a month to £11 as they're sim only now, in other words for £15 you got a new phone every other year, now for £11 you get the sim card only..

The good news is you have 30 days, so keep using it for now and phone virgin mobile when convenient and when it's quiet, if you're trying to get through and waiting more than 10 minutes try another time...it's very hit and miss from one day to another, at least you're at home(I think)so you can avoid busy times hopefully..

I know it's frustrating, they bloody love changing for the sake of it, to keep people in jobs it seems...
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 17:03]

I have tried it a couple of times but am going to leave it a couple of days. I really haven't time to mess about on something like this at the moment. The new SIM fits my phone, but I am not being bullied into getting a new phone, cos I do not want one. They do change things for the sakes of it, you are right. Had enough with that flippin set top box last year. And why do it now when people have got a lot more on their plates in the middle of a pandemic??!
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 18:32 - Jun 2 with 3289 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 17:20 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

I have tried it a couple of times but am going to leave it a couple of days. I really haven't time to mess about on something like this at the moment. The new SIM fits my phone, but I am not being bullied into getting a new phone, cos I do not want one. They do change things for the sakes of it, you are right. Had enough with that flippin set top box last year. And why do it now when people have got a lot more on their plates in the middle of a pandemic??!

My husband got through and the person on there tried to sell me a new phone. He lost his rag and said about the SIM card and what phone I had (Nokia) and they had sent the wrong SIM card as assumed I had a smartphone. Why not call me up to check what phone I had? I do not want a bloody smartphone - extra money and bills on it when I will not use it for more than basic reasons. He got put through to their shop and then the bloody phone ran out of battery - and because we tried the card in his old phone, it activited the card and my old one will be dead as of tomorrow. I just cannot take anymore things going wrong.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 21:18 - Jun 2 with 3223 viewsBroomy99

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 18:32 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

My husband got through and the person on there tried to sell me a new phone. He lost his rag and said about the SIM card and what phone I had (Nokia) and they had sent the wrong SIM card as assumed I had a smartphone. Why not call me up to check what phone I had? I do not want a bloody smartphone - extra money and bills on it when I will not use it for more than basic reasons. He got put through to their shop and then the bloody phone ran out of battery - and because we tried the card in his old phone, it activited the card and my old one will be dead as of tomorrow. I just cannot take anymore things going wrong.

This sounds so frustrating, but at least you know the issue now. Well done for finding out, as Virgin can be terrible with their customer service, especially bad at present. Due to the Pandemic no doubt. Hopefully one more call and you’re there, just be patient, call them again as soon as you can face it and hopefully all will be sorted with the replacement sim. You’re so close, don’t give up now.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 21:47 - Jun 2 with 3204 viewsJ2BLUE

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 18:32 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

Do you mean they sent you a nano or micro sim and you needed the old size?

If so, something like this might help:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enjoy-Nano-Micro-Sim-Adapter-Black/dp/B00APXTYYU

Obviously you shouldn't have to pay for their error but it might be worth buying something like that with next day delivery for peace of mind?

Truly impaired.

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 22:19 - Jun 2 with 3175 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 21:18 - Jun 2 by Broomy99

This sounds so frustrating, but at least you know the issue now. Well done for finding out, as Virgin can be terrible with their customer service, especially bad at present. Due to the Pandemic no doubt. Hopefully one more call and you’re there, just be patient, call them again as soon as you can face it and hopefully all will be sorted with the replacement sim. You’re so close, don’t give up now.

My husband has decided to look for a free 2G sim card pay as you go deal and we will bin Virgin for the phone after. Bet we still get billed for it though even if go to a new company.... I am not sure he can be bothered to call them again. The person he spoke to said I was under no obligation to use the new SIM - he had to read the letter I got to her stating that after 30 days the old card would be obsolete. Now it's 24 hours cos we tested it on his phone to see if it was faulty and it activated the bloody thing. Thanks for what you said.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 22:21 - Jun 2 with 3171 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 21:47 - Jun 2 by J2BLUE

Do you mean they sent you a nano or micro sim and you needed the old size?

If so, something like this might help:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enjoy-Nano-Micro-Sim-Adapter-Black/dp/B00APXTYYU

Obviously you shouldn't have to pay for their error but it might be worth buying something like that with next day delivery for peace of mind?

They sent me a full sized one, which you can clip the centre of out if you needed a micro one. None are suitable as I have an old fashioned phone. How dare they tell me what phone to use?! It is bad enough being told what cigarettes to smoke.
*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 22:25 - Jun 2 with 3163 viewsJ2BLUE

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 22:21 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

They sent me a full sized one, which you can clip the centre of out if you needed a micro one. None are suitable as I have an old fashioned phone. How dare they tell me what phone to use?! It is bad enough being told what cigarettes to smoke.

Oh right, i've never heard of that.

I hope you get it sorted quickly. Virgin send me junk mail trying to get me to switch to them about three times a week. A big envelope with a thick wad of paper in every time. They must have used an entire tree sending me junk mail since I have lived here.

Truly impaired.

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 22:27 - Jun 2 with 3160 viewsjeera

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 22:21 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

What does your phone take then?

I must admit I didn't know sims had changed and thought they just came in 3 basic sizes.

But then I can't get the speakers to work on my own laptop so what do I know?

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 23:33 - Jun 2 with 3127 viewsDebsyAngel

*&£&Q£( Virgin Mobile... on 22:27 - Jun 2 by jeera

What does your phone take then?

I must admit I didn't know sims had changed and thought they just came in 3 basic sizes.

But then I can't get the speakers to work on my own laptop so what do I know?

A 2G card apparently. I am useless on stuff like this and thankful my husband knows what to do. But they should and could have phoned or emailed me to ask what phone I have, not just assume I have a smartphone. Just cos most people have!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024