Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 15:06 - Jun 2 with 2734 viewsLibero

I've been told that it's a particularly 'bad year' for hayfever sufferers, I've no idea how valid a statement that is, it sounds like something trite that I hear repeated most years but I must admit that ever since experiencing the virus I have been waking up most mornings with hayfever like symptoms and often around this time in the afternoon find myself getting a rather sore throat. I've never previously suffered from hayfever...

I've spoken to the Doctor, who appears unworried and has attributed it to hayfever but the anxiety levels are bubbling away nicely despite being controllable right now.

Anyway, it's got me thinking.
Come November/December once enough time has gone by for me to be concerned about any potential immunity wearing off I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be hyper vigilant with any cold or flu like symptoms and that my anxiety and paranoia levels with be somewhat enhanced.

Something's going to happen before then? Right? We're not going to have to lock ourselves away for two weeks every time we get a sniffle, are we?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:12]
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:15 - Jun 2 with 2689 viewsStokieBlue

I haven't had C19 (as far as I am aware) but my hayfever has been absolutely awful this year, I even keep waking up at night with it. The sore throats are awful as you say.

I didn't suffer from hayfever until maybe a decade ago, I assume it's something to do with the pollen and the pollution but it's usually 6 weeks of awfulness then it's fine again.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:19 - Jun 2 with 2668 viewsTractorWood

My hayfever has been nonexistent until 2 days ago but now constantly sneezing. I think it's 100% hayfever.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:20 - Jun 2 with 2659 viewsBlueBadger

I have an allergic rhinitis-y thing, that's generally exacerbated by cat hair, dust, etc rather than pollen. This year, it's chosen to manifest itself as a dry cough. That's been ongoing since about January, just for added f*ckery. I've just about gotten it under control after literal months of nasal steroid spray.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:21 - Jun 2 with 2650 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes hay fever has been a nightmare this year

I’m entirely unscientifically attributing it to the lack of pollution caused by lockdown meaning that the pesky pollen is travelling further and multiplying*

*this almost certainly makes no sense whatsoever

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:23 - Jun 2 with 2644 viewsLibero

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:20 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

I have an allergic rhinitis-y thing, that's generally exacerbated by cat hair, dust, etc rather than pollen. This year, it's chosen to manifest itself as a dry cough. That's been ongoing since about January, just for added f*ckery. I've just about gotten it under control after literal months of nasal steroid spray.

Man alive, considering your work place that really puts my whinge into perspective.

Seriously though, come November/December if something doesn't change I'm going to be a bloody nervous wreck. I wouldn't be surprised if other people who have had a rough time with the virus who maybe didn't previously suffer any kind of mental health issue find themselves in a similar situation.
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:25 - Jun 2 with 2635 viewsSteve_M

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:19 - Jun 2 by TractorWood

My hayfever has been nonexistent until 2 days ago but now constantly sneezing. I think it's 100% hayfever.

Mine is normally low grade for a few months but it's gone up a level this week too. Obviously something specific has triggered it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:25 - Jun 2 with 2638 viewsBlueBadger

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:23 - Jun 2 by Libero

Man alive, considering your work place that really puts my whinge into perspective.

Seriously though, come November/December if something doesn't change I'm going to be a bloody nervous wreck. I wouldn't be surprised if other people who have had a rough time with the virus who maybe didn't previously suffer any kind of mental health issue find themselves in a similar situation.

I'd always considered myself with pretty robust mental health and solid coping mechanisms.
Turns out the last few months have shown THAT up, fairly spectacularly, without out getting into specifics.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:26 - Jun 2 with 2627 viewsBasuco

I suffer with seasonal induced asthma, it usually starts in mid May and continues until mid August, this year it started much earlier and I used my inhaler in March and April, which I have not had to before. Daughter also seems to have hayfever for the first time this year. So if your GP is not worried then all is probably OK. Very weird that I have been bad this year with a different breathing difficulty.
Login to get fewer ads

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:27 - Jun 2 with 2613 viewsLankHenners

I've not experienced the virus like you have I've never had hayfever before in my life either but suddenly since last week I've been sneezing like nobody's business. Eyes slightly irritated, slight headache, sneezing picks up when outside or near an open door/window, all the hayfever symptoms but, as you say, not a good time to get it if that is all it is.

Am pretty confident it really is just hayfever as I feel fine otherwise and, as you say, you'd have to lock yourself down pretty much constantly just in case it's worse than you think.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:28 - Jun 2 with 2612 viewsDebsyAngel

I totally understand how you feel. I get mild hayfever, and take Piriton for it, but it causes drowsiness which of course is another symptom of that virus and yes, it makes you wonder if it IS hayfever. I dread autumn/winter when the normal flu stuff comes. Will I even get a flu jab this year? Every time I have one, I always get ill a few months after, never escape one year without something or a sinus/throat/chest/ear infection and with this thing raging away, it will finish me off with worry. I hope you feel ok soon.
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:32 - Jun 2 with 2589 viewsfactual_blue

It is bad this year; very bad. I haven't had such prolonged symptoms for decades. Sneezing, bit of a sore throat first thing, itchy eyes and ears and above all tiredness. All underlain by the liitle voice in your head asking you 'is this Covid?' Rationally you know it isn't, because it's the symptoms you get every year, and none of them have got worse over time. It's just there. All the time.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:37 - Jun 2 with 2574 viewsLibero

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:28 - Jun 2 by DebsyAngel

I totally understand how you feel. I get mild hayfever, and take Piriton for it, but it causes drowsiness which of course is another symptom of that virus and yes, it makes you wonder if it IS hayfever. I dread autumn/winter when the normal flu stuff comes. Will I even get a flu jab this year? Every time I have one, I always get ill a few months after, never escape one year without something or a sinus/throat/chest/ear infection and with this thing raging away, it will finish me off with worry. I hope you feel ok soon.

That's very sweet of you but I actually feel fine!

It was more an observation of the potential difficulties moving forwards and anxieties/stresses that may be unavoidable.

It's good to read that it HAS been a particularly bad year, just more quantitative information to help drown out any irrationality.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:37]
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:54 - Jun 2 with 2529 viewsDebsyAngel

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:37 - Jun 2 by Libero

That's very sweet of you but I actually feel fine!

It was more an observation of the potential difficulties moving forwards and anxieties/stresses that may be unavoidable.

It's good to read that it HAS been a particularly bad year, just more quantitative information to help drown out any irrationality.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:37]

It has started earlier this year, due to the great weather we have had and noticed a lot of plants/trees growing even in late February this year, which I have never seen before now. We also had a fairly easy winter, just one snow shower is all I saw!
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:57 - Jun 2 with 2518 viewsLibero

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:25 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

I'd always considered myself with pretty robust mental health and solid coping mechanisms.
Turns out the last few months have shown THAT up, fairly spectacularly, without out getting into specifics.

Up-voted for being open and strong, not because I'm glad you're losing the plot spectacularly.
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 16:02 - Jun 2 with 2509 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I've always suffered with hayfever at this time of year. Usually I just take one tablet a day, but over the last week or so I've been ODing and taking one in the morning and one before bed, as one a day wasn't working.

On a side note, on more than one occasion lately people have shot me dirty glances when I've sneezed in public, even if I'm miles away from anone else.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 16:06 - Jun 2 with 2491 viewsSwansea_Blue

I understand it's a bad year. My hayfever stopped as soon as I moved from the east coast to the west coast. It hasn't bothered me in 20 years, but I have had a little snuffle or two this year. That could also be due to spending a lot more time in my garden.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 16:54 - Jun 2 with 2430 viewslongtimefan

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:15 - Jun 2 by StokieBlue

I haven't had C19 (as far as I am aware) but my hayfever has been absolutely awful this year, I even keep waking up at night with it. The sore throats are awful as you say.

I didn't suffer from hayfever until maybe a decade ago, I assume it's something to do with the pollen and the pollution but it's usually 6 weeks of awfulness then it's fine again.

SB

Mine hadn’t been too bad this year until a couple of weeks into lockdown. I’m putting it down to not sitting in an air conditioned office as I would normally. I found when I first started work decades ago that my hay fever symptoms eased as soon as I moved into air conditioned premises.
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 17:02 - Jun 2 with 2416 viewsRyorry

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 15:26 - Jun 2 by Basuco

I suffer with seasonal induced asthma, it usually starts in mid May and continues until mid August, this year it started much earlier and I used my inhaler in March and April, which I have not had to before. Daughter also seems to have hayfever for the first time this year. So if your GP is not worried then all is probably OK. Very weird that I have been bad this year with a different breathing difficulty.

I usually get tree-pollen hayfever starting in Feb & going on for 1 or 2 months at most, that gives just itchy & runny eyes with maybe a wee bit of sneezing. Grass pollen doesn't usually bother me.

This year I've had the whole works with itchy & runny eyes + frequent ongoing sneezing, from end of Jan to now - 4 months! Hve noticed that it's diminished quite a lot over the past 2 days tho.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 21:52 - Jun 2 with 2316 viewsronnyd

It's taken me over 70 years but i finally have hay fever symptoms. Nothing like some of you guys though. I find that BecoDefence works ok for me.
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 on 22:35 - Jun 2 with 2280 viewspennyfathersleg

I know exactly how you feel!

I had suspected C-19 in March (I have not been tested, just suspected from my GP) but I haven’t been right since. The last day or two I have had a slight sore throat and it has had me panicking and my anxiety is all over the place.

I, too, hope they sort something soon!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024