Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? 18:03 - Jun 2 with 1353 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:11 - Jun 2 with 1314 viewsNewcyBlue

3 weeks ago people had been celebrating the VE Day weekend.

This upturn is of little surprise.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:14 - Jun 2 with 1304 viewsBlueBadger

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:11 - Jun 2 by NewcyBlue

Don't mention VE weekend, you'll get people on here showing angrily about Stephen Kinnock again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:15 - Jun 2 with 1296 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:11 - Jun 2 by NewcyBlue

Since when nothing has really happened to get the plane on track....so is lift off inevitable?
Maybe these Italian reports of the virus mutating to be less destructive will save the day

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:16 - Jun 2 with 1286 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:14 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

Don't mention VE weekend, you'll get people on here showing angrily about Stephen Kinnock again.

Any signs of an uptick at work....or levelling off....or decline?

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:19 - Jun 2 with 1277 viewsgordon

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:15 - Jun 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Since when nothing has really happened to get the plane on track....so is lift off inevitable?
Maybe these Italian reports of the virus mutating to be less destructive will save the day

That Reuters article quoting an Italian doctor seemed like nonsense to me, unless there's some other info.

But yes, our approach has basically been centred on the idea that it might just go away one day.
When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:21 - Jun 2 with 1272 viewsfactual_blue

I understand that this is a sensitive issue, and I want to assure you that I continue to put all of my efforts as Health Secretary, and as your MP, into stopping the devastating effects of coronavirus so that we can get life back to normal as soon as possible.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:22 - Jun 2 with 1256 viewsKievthegreat

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:21 - Jun 2 by factual_blue

I understand that this is a sensitive issue, and I want to assure you that I continue to put all of my efforts as Health Secretary, and as your MP, into stopping the devastating effects of coronavirus so that we can get life back to normal as soon as possible.

And open up the horse racing at Newmarket. The important things in life.
When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:23 - Jun 2 with 1259 viewsBlueBadger

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:16 - Jun 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Any signs of an uptick at work....or levelling off....or decline?

It's always difficult to monitor trends from an ITU. They're a 'bubble' at the best of times and even more so at the moment. That said, last night saw our first admission to the 'hot' ITU for about 7 days.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:24 - Jun 2 with 1249 viewsfactual_blue

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:14 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

He was a D-Day deserter, that Stephen Kinnock.

Goose-Step-Hen Kinnock more like.

And he wears a donkey jacket at the Cenotaph, where he urinates - prodigiously - every day.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:28 - Jun 2 with 1226 viewsOldsmoker

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:19 - Jun 2 by gordon

That Reuters article quoting an Italian doctor seemed like nonsense to me, unless there's some other info.

But yes, our approach has basically been centred on the idea that it might just go away one day.

Will it go away?
The virus that appeared some 40 years ago was HIV.
It has never gone away and we still have no cure for it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 08:04 - Jun 3 with 1015 viewsGlasgowBlue

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:15 - Jun 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Surely the reason we have seen an increase in the 7 day rolling number of deaths is because last week’s bank holiday data released on the Tuesday has been replaced by a normal Tuesday this week?

Providing the number today is less than the 400+ announced last Wednesday (which took into account the artificial figure of last Tuesday) then the online seven day average will drop again.

Hospital admissions continue to fall which wouldn’t be the case if there was a rise in infections due to VE Day which was some 20 days ago and would have filtered through by now.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 8:05]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 09:31 - Jun 3 with 955 viewsgordon

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 18:28 - Jun 2 by Oldsmoker

Will it go away?
The virus that appeared some 40 years ago was HIV.
It has never gone away and we still have no cure for it.

My pretty ill-informed guess would be that in the short-term (e.g. next five years) we will have to live with it. Over time drug treatments will get more effective, but the possibility of a vaccine solution is much more complicated than people generally accept and not likely to provide a 'game-changing' solution anytime soon.

The period of really high risk in the UK will be September / October this year, when we'll likely see really significant outbreaks again.

HIV is a bit different because it doesn't really produce an immune response, and using a 'mild dose' of HIV in a potential vaccine isn't really a great idea, unlike with less deadly viruses.
When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 09:37 - Jun 3 with 946 viewsgordon

When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 08:04 - Jun 3 by GlasgowBlue

Surely the reason we have seen an increase in the 7 day rolling number of deaths is because last week’s bank holiday data released on the Tuesday has been replaced by a normal Tuesday this week?

Providing the number today is less than the 400+ announced last Wednesday (which took into account the artificial figure of last Tuesday) then the online seven day average will drop again.

Hospital admissions continue to fall which wouldn’t be the case if there was a rise in infections due to VE Day which was some 20 days ago and would have filtered through by now.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 8:05]

In terms of interpreting something like VE day, it's more complicated than just looking for a spike in the data. There may well have been a significant effect on deaths or infections even with no spike, because we don't know what the counterfactual ((in the absence of any VE day celebrations) trend would have been.
When do we officially announce that we missed the runway....? on 11:15 - Jun 3 with 893 viewsElephantintheRoom

The callous, perhaps even genocidal decision to empty hospitals to create room for a pandemic that had yet to arrive was a major contributor to our appalling record.... coupled with the even more callous and unjustifiable decision to stop hospitals doing hospital work which has created a 'second wave' of people who are now dying from a myriad of diseases that would normally have been diagnosed and treated - the 'excess deaths' will be above the norm for at least a decade from this alone.

A third reason that will keep the death toll rolling on is that the UK is still ignoring the NHS workers and care workers taking infections out into the community, which can only be stopped by weekly testing - which would require testing capability to be ramped by by a factor of tenfold.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024