Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... 19:42 - Jun 2 with 2823 viewsitfcjoe

....who just copies the police statement in full.

Dear Mr itfcjoe,

Thank you for your recent email to my office. Please accept my apologies for the brief delay in responding as I have now returned following a short period of leave and rest after what has been a very busy three months volunteering extra hours to the NHS in my capacity as a doctor and also helping many people in Central Suffolk and North Ipswich with problems and queries relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.

With reference to your email on the subject of Dominic Cummings, in the first instance, I would like to draw your attention to the full statement issued by Durham Constabulary on 28th May 2020, which I hope you will find helpful:

“On 27 March 2020, Dominic Cummings drove to Durham to self-isolate in a property owned by his father.

“Durham Constabulary does not consider that by locating himself at his father’s premises, Mr Cummings committed an offence contrary to regulation 6 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020. (We are concerned here with breaches of the Regulations, not the general Government guidance to “stay at home”.)

“On 12 April 2020, Mr Cummings drove approximately 26 miles from his father’s property to Barnard Castle with his wife and son. He stated on 25 May 2020 that the purpose of this drive was to test his resilience to drive to London the following day, including whether his eyesight was sufficiently recovered, his period of self-isolation having ended.

“Durham Constabulary have examined the circumstances surrounding the journey to Barnard Castle (including ANPR, witness evidence and a review of Mr Cummings’ press conference on 25 May 2020) and have concluded that there might have been a minor breach of the Regulations that would have warranted police intervention. Durham Constabulary view this as minor because there was no apparent breach of social distancing.

“Had a Durham Constabulary police officer stopped Mr Cummings driving to or from Barnard Castle, the officer would have spoken to him, and, having established the facts, likely advised Mr Cummings to return to the address in Durham, providing advice on the dangers of travelling during the pandemic crisis. Had this advice been accepted by Mr Cummings, no enforcement action would have been taken.

“In line with Durham Constabulary’s general approach throughout the pandemic, there is no intention to take retrospective action in respect of the Barnard Castle incident since this would amount to treating Mr Cummings differently from other members of the public. Durham Constabulary has not taken retrospective action against any other person.

“By way of further context, Durham Constabulary has followed Government guidance on management of alleged breaches of the regulations with the emphasis on the NPCC and College of Policing 4Es: Engage, Explain and Encourage before Enforcement.

“Finally, commentary in the media has suggested that Mr Cummings was in Durham on 19 April 2020. Mr Cummings denies this and Durham Constabulary have seen insufficient evidence to support this allegation. Therefore Durham Constabulary will take no further action in this matter and has informed Mr Cummings of this decision.”

I can fully understand why you have been upset by this issue, particularly in view of the early media coverage, but since the story first broke, Durham Police has carried out a full and detailed independent investigation of the alleged events that I have detailed above which I believe to be satisfactory.

Usually, I am happy to engage in ongoing correspondence, but given the outcome of the Police investigation, there is little more that I can usefully add, so I hope you will understand that this will be my only email on this issue.

I hope this reply is helpful and wish you well in these challenging times.

With best wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Daniel Poulter MP Llb (hons), MBBS, AKC, MRCPsych
Member of Parliament for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich
House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 19:45 - Jun 2 with 2795 viewsFixed_It

In other words please don't put me on the spot again. Now shut up.

Appalling cop out from most of them.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 19:50 - Jun 2 with 2776 viewsTrequartista

At least he voted against the Government today, unlike Tom Hunt who gave a pathetic excuse.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/poulter-anger-over-queues-1-6681957

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 19:50 - Jun 2 with 2764 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hardly surprising though, there's not enough time in the universe for an MP to get into a personalised argument with everyone who writes to them re Dom Cummings.

...given the number and length of threads on this forum alone, hes probably been very busy cutting and pasting.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 19:53 - Jun 2 with 2749 viewsfooters

Let's hope Dr Dan goes for a test drive to check his eyesight.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 20:33 - Jun 2 with 2643 viewstractordownsouth

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 19:50 - Jun 2 by Trequartista

At least he voted against the Government today, unlike Tom Hunt who gave a pathetic excuse.

The more I hear of Mr Hunt, it makes me feel glad I don't live in Ipswich. Seems like an awful man.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 21:02 - Jun 2 with 2580 viewseastangliaisblue

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 20:33 - Jun 2 by tractordownsouth

The more I hear of Mr Hunt, it makes me feel glad I don't live in Ipswich. Seems like an awful man.

Indeed. He is going to go far in the Tory party!
Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 21:31 - Jun 2 with 2517 viewsfactual_blue

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 20:33 - Jun 2 by tractordownsouth

The new rhyming slang.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 22:36 - Jun 2 with 2431 viewstractorboy1978

And to think he replaced the legendary Sandy Martin - a man that is Ipswich through and through.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 23:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 03:43 - Jun 3 with 2272 viewsSitfcB

Come across as a typical slimy Tory.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 05:16 - Jun 3 with 2237 viewsdickie

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 22:36 - Jun 2 by tractorboy1978

And to think he replaced the legendary Sandy Martin - a man that is Ipswich through and through.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 23:07]

The tories and xenophobes round here hate Sandy - never read any of the comments on the Star Facebook page if there's a story about him!
Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 07:34 - Jun 3 with 2151 viewsDubtractor

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 05:16 - Jun 3 by dickie

The tories and xenophobes round here hate Sandy - never read any of the comments on the Star Facebook page if there's a story about him!

Some of those comments are pretty disgusting aren't they?

And make no mistake, they are the voters that the Tories actively courted to win the election.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 08:26 - Jun 3 with 2091 viewsGlasgowBlue

Look on the bright side. At least Desmond Swayne isn’t your local MP.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 08:33 - Jun 3 with 2074 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair, writing to your MP under the pseudonym ITFCJoe I am surprised he bothered responding at all. Maybe he didn't get far enough to read that bit though and just got one of his secretaries to copy the name on to his standard DC letter.

Hopefully you will soon get a secretary careless enough to muddle up which DC letter he is referring to - that will be comical!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 08:35 - Jun 3 with 2072 viewspointofblue

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 19:50 - Jun 2 by Trequartista

It’s ridiculous because Poulter is actually at higher risk of contracting Covid-19, as presumably he could be exposed to more than one dose in a hospital setting, and now he has to attend the Commons in person if he wants to vote. He could be patient zero spreading it round the House. At least he can see the stupidity of it all; shame he isn’t stronger over Cummings.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 17:02 - Jun 3 with 1954 viewsdickie

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 07:34 - Jun 3 by Dubtractor

Some of those comments are pretty disgusting aren't they?

And make no mistake, they are the voters that the Tories actively courted to win the election.

They're foaming at the mouth with hate, bile and misplaced rage
Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 17:04 - Jun 3 with 1950 viewssparks

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 08:26 - Jun 3 by GlasgowBlue

Look on the bright side. At least Desmond Swayne isn’t your local MP.

Thats extraordinary.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 17:47 - Jun 3 with 1919 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 17:04 - Jun 3 by sparks

Thats extraordinary.

If only it was. That far too widespread attitude is a big part of the problem.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Typically worthless reply from Dr Dan Poulter.... on 19:41 - Jun 3 with 1875 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I have had a look for reports on problems with the voting system and the wider remote working process and found quite a few from the trial run period but nothing more recent.
Had there been fundamental issues with the e-system one might have expected Mr Rees Mogg to have exploited that fact to support his motion and yet no mention.

Perhaps Tom's making it up or maybe I need to go back and look again.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024