Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force 21:29 - Jun 2 with 1995 viewsElderGrizzly

Any sane person would apologise after tear gassing priests before standing outside a church.

Not Trump and his lap dog Barr.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 21:32]
Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:31 - Jun 2 with 1767 viewsSpruceMoose

Violent thugs on the rampage again.

https://imgur.com/r/gifs/RBTDYjW

20:00hr curfew in NYC tonight. Let's see if the police can control themselves come 20:01.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:33 - Jun 2 with 1751 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm almost getting to the point where I hope the people pick up arms and fight back.

If peaceful protesting doesn't work and the police won't (with some exceptions) protect the public, wtf are people supposed to do?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:34 - Jun 2 with 1749 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:31 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

20:00hr curfew in NYC tonight. Let's see if the police can control themselves come 20:01.

What is the general feeling in the US about last nights photo opp and attack in DC?

My conversations today with colleagues in State Department have said even some of the most loyal of Trump’s clan have turned
Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:35 - Jun 2 with 1742 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:33 - Jun 2 by Swansea_Blue

I'm almost getting to the point where I hope the people pick up arms and fight back.

If peaceful protesting doesn't work and the police won't (with some exceptions) protect the public, wtf are people supposed to do?

Those second amendment gun nuts have always claimed they need their guns to fight back against a tyrannical government. I guess they've always been full of shït. They actually need them to prop up a tyrannical government.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:40 - Jun 2 with 1709 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:34 - Jun 2 by ElderGrizzly

What is the general feeling in the US about last nights photo opp and attack in DC?

My conversations today with colleagues in State Department have said even some of the most loyal of Trump’s clan have turned

It's hard to know because everyone is pretty isolated. There's no meeting people at work or in bars to discuss it and pick up on the mood.

Saying that, from talking remotely with friends and colleagues I think there's more outrage than usual about his actions but Grizzly, people are fúcking tired and beat by being outraged about this guy. Everything they warned he would do has come true. We've had kids dying in cages, foreign election collusion, Muslim travel bans, demonised immigrants, using the office to enrich himself, threatening citizens with their own military. The list is endless, and he's made everyone so numb that I think many feel helpless.

The only thing they can do is vote in November, try to persuade as many people as they can to vote too, and pray.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 22:04]

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:42 - Jun 2 with 1705 viewsgiant_stow

I really hope the criticism from the local church leaders (re his misuse of the Bible) changes a few minds across america.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 21:47]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:43 - Jun 2 with 1690 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:42 - Jun 2 by giant_stow

I really hope the criticism from the local church leaders (re his misuse of the Bible) changes a few minds across america.

Once more in English please fella?

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:48 - Jun 2 with 1665 viewsgiant_stow

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:43 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Sorry, typing on my phone and have managed to turn off prrdictive text.

Edited although it probably still makes no srnse.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:50 - Jun 2 with 1656 viewsfooters

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:42 - Jun 2 by giant_stow

Religion's only important to most people when they can use it to force through things they like, they don't really believe it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:51 - Jun 2 with 1661 viewsBlueBadger

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:43 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Ulla is hoping that Christians will start recognising that Trump's co-opting of the Bible is a cynical PR stunt. Given that that US christians haven't recognised that racist, profiteering adulterer Trump is the very antithesis of the Biblical ideal of a 'Christian' I don't hold out much hope for them spotting that he's a total c*nt. Frankly, Paul Lambert is a more convincing PR man right now.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 9:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:53 - Jun 2 with 1645 viewsBlueBadger

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:50 - Jun 2 by footers

Religion's only important to most people when they can use it to force through things they like, they don't really believe it.

We live in weird times when the atheists around us are more christian than actual Christians.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:53 - Jun 2 with 1640 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:48 - Jun 2 by giant_stow

Sorry, typing on my phone and have managed to turn off prrdictive text.

Edited although it probably still makes no srnse.

I don't think he will. Maybe some folk will flip, but not many. Religious people here tend to be far more bigoted than the more cuddly CoE types back home. They're a different, more crazy beast entirely in my limited experience (mainly from visits to where Mrs Moose is from in the southern Midwest. Their beliefs dictate their entire life and worldview unquestionably.

For the last five years religious organisations haven't flinched as Trump has gone about his business. The reason why is because he's hurting the right people in their eyes.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 21:55]

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:54 - Jun 2 with 1642 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:40 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

It's hard to know because everyone is pretty isolated. There's no meeting people at work or in bars to discuss it and pick up on the mood.

Saying that, from talking remotely with friends and colleagues I think there's more outrage than usual about his actions but Grizzly, people are fúcking tired and beat by being outraged about this guy. Everything they warned he would do has come true. We've had kids dying in cages, foreign election collusion, Muslim travel bans, demonised immigrants, using the office to enrich himself, threatening citizens with their own military. The list is endless, and he's made everyone so numb that I think many feel helpless.

The only thing they can do is vote in November, try to persuade as many people as they can to vote too, and pray.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 22:04]

I know it is only a speech, but Biden today was superb.

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:56 - Jun 2 with 1625 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:54 - Jun 2 by ElderGrizzly

I know it is only a speech, but Biden today was superb.

I know us progressives are disappointed that it's not Bernie or Warren with the nomination, but the difference between Trump and Biden is night and day.

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:57 - Jun 2 with 1620 viewsfooters

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:53 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

We live in weird times when the atheists around us are more christian than actual Christians.

Try telling that to my boyhood priests. Not the one who was jailed for embezzlement, or the other one who who was jailed for sex crimes against kids, no, the other one... he may have been a bit of a lush but who isn't.

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:04 - Jun 2 with 1594 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:57 - Jun 2 by footers

Try telling that to my boyhood priests. Not the one who was jailed for embezzlement, or the other one who who was jailed for sex crimes against kids, no, the other one... he may have been a bit of a lush but who isn't.

Sounds like you really traumatised them as a child.

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:06 - Jun 2 with 1585 viewsfooters

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:04 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Sounds like you really traumatised them as a child.

Being called Damien will do that to Catholic priests.

Uncle Rodney didn't help matters either.

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:06 - Jun 2 with 1589 viewssparks

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:53 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

Now there is a rabbit hole... I am more humanist than christians. Not sure am more christian... A lot of christian stuff seems objectionable...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:09 - Jun 2 with 1576 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:56 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

I know us progressives are disappointed that it's not Bernie or Warren with the nomination, but the difference between Trump and Biden is night and day.

Hopefully with Kamala Harris by his side as VP
Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:21 - Jun 2 with 1543 viewsBlueBadger

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:06 - Jun 2 by sparks

Now there is a rabbit hole... I am more humanist than christians. Not sure am more christian... A lot of christian stuff seems objectionable...

There's a lot of New Testament stuff that largely boils down to 'be excellent to one another'. That's generally at the root of most of the major texts. The problems start when dreadful pricks ignore those and start cherry-picking the bits from thousands-year-old texts that justify their bigotry.

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:23 - Jun 2 with 1532 viewsfooters

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:21 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

There's a lot of New Testament stuff that largely boils down to 'be excellent to one another'. That's generally at the root of most of the major texts. The problems start when dreadful pricks ignore those and start cherry-picking the bits from thousands-year-old texts that justify their bigotry.

So, bible = tl;dr, just watch Bill and Ted instead. Sounds good!

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:40 - Jun 2 with 1498 viewseireblue

Didn’t Trump meet Gerry Adams once, maybe Trump just got the wrong end of the stick on how to deal with protestors.

“Ahhh now, Trumpy, well this is awkward, I am not sure you fully grasped what I meant that time when I said the Government going in hard turned out to be quite useful for the cause”
Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:51 - Jun 2 with 1469 viewssparks

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:21 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

Well unfortunately, the whole thing arguably falls to bits without the old stuff. Without original sin, what is it all about? Without a prophesised messiah, what prophecies are being fulfilled.

Then there is the assertion that he has come not to change one jot nor tittle of the old law. "Slaves obey your masters" etc etc.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 08:53 - Jun 3 with 1111 viewsGeoffSentence

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 21:31 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Is Sam Allardyce in charge of the American Old Bill?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 09:45 - Jun 3 with 1072 viewsBlueBadger

Trump (and Barr) doubling down on force on 22:40 - Jun 2 by eireblue

Didn’t Trump meet Gerry Adams once, maybe Trump just got the wrong end of the stick on how to deal with protestors.

“Ahhh now, Trumpy, well this is awkward, I am not sure you fully grasped what I meant that time when I said the Government going in hard turned out to be quite useful for the cause”

I tell you what, it says a lot about Trump that Gerry Adams has tried to disassociate himself from him.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/sinn-fein-says-donald-trump-h
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 10:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024