Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next time we hear inaccuracies about... 04:00 - Jun 3 with 1570 viewsSpruceMoose

...Antifa and the phantom middle class white boys apparently causing chaos in the streets during legitimate protests, we should ask ourselves why the folk peddling those inaccuracies might not be being entirely honest.

Full article:

https://www.thenation.com/article/activism/antifa-trump-fbi
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 4:46]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 07:58 - Jun 3 with 1339 viewsRob88

I am not following developments particularly closely but from what I have seen I can’t help feeling this is becoming less and less about George Floyd and anti-racism. It reminds me of the England riots after the killing of Mark Duggan.
The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:02 - Jun 3 with 1321 viewsSteve_M

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 07:58 - Jun 3 by Rob88

I am not following developments particularly closely but from what I have seen I can’t help feeling this is becoming less and less about George Floyd and anti-racism. It reminds me of the England riots after the killing of Mark Duggan.

Yes, it's become an attack on peaceful protesters by militarised and ill-disciplined municipal police forces.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:17 - Jun 3 with 1278 viewsm14_blue

Out of interest, what do you think it is about then?
The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:27 - Jun 3 with 1256 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:02 - Jun 3 by Steve_M

Yes, it's become an attack on peaceful protesters by militarised and ill-disciplined municipal police forces.

On BLM peaceful protestors. This is still about racism.

How did Trump react to armed white men "peacefully" walking into government buildings in states during lockdown?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:28 - Jun 3 with 1254 viewsGuthrum

Watch footage of both events and count the number of political signs held by demonstrators.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:35 - Jun 3 with 1238 viewsRob88

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:17 - Jun 3 by m14_blue

Out of interest, what do you think it is about then?

As I’ve said I’ve not followed too closely but at this point, anarchy.
The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:36 - Jun 3 with 1227 viewsRob88

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 08:28 - Jun 3 by Guthrum

Watch footage of both events and count the number of political signs held by demonstrators.

I need to follow more closely by the sounds of things.
The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 09:41 - Jun 3 with 1146 viewsBlueBadger

Well, now I don't know what to believe - do I trust the words of millions of black Americans or Rob on TWT?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:03 - Jun 3 with 1108 viewsRob88

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 09:41 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Well, now I don't know what to believe - do I trust the words of millions of black Americans or Rob on TWT?

I’m not asking you to believe anything.

I think you are interpreting the words of my post in a very twtd fashion.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 10:05]
The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:12 - Jun 3 with 1087 viewsBlueBadger

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:03 - Jun 3 by Rob88

I’m not asking you to believe anything.

I think you are interpreting the words of my post in a very twtd fashion.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 10:05]

In all fairness, you started it by interpreting the news in a very 'TWTD' fashion..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:13 - Jun 3 with 1086 viewsSwansea_Blue

There seems to be footage of a number of incidents that have very little to do with BLM. Like store owners being attacked by baying mobs who want to loot their store. That seems to be the evening stuff when feral mobs roaming the streets. But it's also the stuff caught on personal mobiles, so there's little context.

The larger protests still look very much like peaceful BLM protests, at least until the police thuggery starts. The more extensive MSM coverage and credible eyewitnesses from these larger events (e.g. the ministers from Trump's photo op church) give a clearer picture of what's happening and it is BLM focussed.

That's my cocooned view from the other side of the Atlantic. Edit - but there's also a lot of people (racists/idiots) looking to deflect attention from the genuine BLM stuff that needs to be filtered out.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 10:23]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:24 - Jun 3 with 1054 viewsSwansea_Blue

Twitter have suspended accounts of wannabe Nazis who were posing as Antifa to stir sh*t up too. I don't know the scale, but it's certainly happening.

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:24 - Jun 3 with 1052 viewsRob88

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:12 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, you started it by interpreting the news in a very 'TWTD' fashion..

I just feel there are some parallels.

*I think Swansea has probably nailed why above, other factions/individuals with unhelpful personal agendas which are detracting from the BLM movement/message.

At this point I don’t know what the demands are or how this ends. What do people want to see before people stop dying and property stops being damaged? That’s not meant in a flippant way but sincerely. Any sane person would agree all lives matter regardless of creed or colour.

I don’t expect trump to come up with any answers, instead I think he will exacerbate the situation.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 10:28]
The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:41 - Jun 3 with 987 viewsLankHenners

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:13 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

There seems to be footage of a number of incidents that have very little to do with BLM. Like store owners being attacked by baying mobs who want to loot their store. That seems to be the evening stuff when feral mobs roaming the streets. But it's also the stuff caught on personal mobiles, so there's little context.

The larger protests still look very much like peaceful BLM protests, at least until the police thuggery starts. The more extensive MSM coverage and credible eyewitnesses from these larger events (e.g. the ministers from Trump's photo op church) give a clearer picture of what's happening and it is BLM focussed.

That's my cocooned view from the other side of the Atlantic. Edit - but there's also a lot of people (racists/idiots) looking to deflect attention from the genuine BLM stuff that needs to be filtered out.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 10:23]

Yeah, as has been said by many from the start, there is a minority of people 'jumping on the bandwagon' (or using it as an excuse to do things they'd want to do anyway) getting carried away, but the majority of the unrest looks to be police violence against large, peaceful protests which naturally leads to chaos, escalating the violence.

The initial anger looks to have dissipated somewhat, which is good (though understandable that it happened in the first place), and hopefully some justice can be carried out for George Floyd's family.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:43 - Jun 3 with 976 viewsSwansea_Blue

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:41 - Jun 3 by LankHenners

Yeah, as has been said by many from the start, there is a minority of people 'jumping on the bandwagon' (or using it as an excuse to do things they'd want to do anyway) getting carried away, but the majority of the unrest looks to be police violence against large, peaceful protests which naturally leads to chaos, escalating the violence.

The initial anger looks to have dissipated somewhat, which is good (though understandable that it happened in the first place), and hopefully some justice can be carried out for George Floyd's family.

Some of the people looking to detract also happen to be serving MPs

(if genuine - I find it hard to believe it is)

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:45 - Jun 3 with 967 viewsSteve_M

The next time we hear inaccuracies about... on 10:43 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

Some of the people looking to detract also happen to be serving MPs

(if genuine - I find it hard to believe it is)

Given the record of Desmond Swayne, I would be more surprised had he not replied with something pig-headed and racist.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024