Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many clubs do you think will go out of business? 08:00 - Jun 3 with 921 viewsPippin1970

Ranging from lower non league up to League 1. The building site vultures looking at Lancaster FC up here.
How many clubs do you think will go out of business? on 09:31 - Jun 3 with 794 viewsWeWereZombies

Do you think that property speculation will have the same effect now? Indicators show that there is a severe pull back in property demand, although that is unlikely to continue in the long term:

https://www.jll.co.uk/en/trends-and-insights/research/covid-19-global-real-estat

I would say that the cash flow crunch is what will send quite a few clubs into administration and that will come before there is enough confidence in the property market to make prices attractive, especially for grounds located in the centres of populous cities and towns given the reservations that are now emerging about high density living being vulnerable to future contagions - or a second spike. So the likelihood for clubs that go out of business is that will just be mothballed.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How many clubs do you think will go out of business? on 11:27 - Jun 3 with 693 viewsElephantintheRoom

I'm not sure many property companies are salivating too much at the prospect of creating an hotel, office or an Ikea on a football ground just yet. There could be a bit of a sustained property crash ahead in the new covid world.

It's a tad tricky to envisage people wanting to pile back into a football ground any time soon... I cant imagine season ticket sales for next season will be too impressive anywhere - including the Premier League

Assuming Covid is here to stay in some shape or form, with no vaccine available or likely to be available - then the prospects for mass crowds at any sport or event look none to promising, outside of Southend beach or a Macdonald's drive through.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024