Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sista telling the white boys how it is 10:16 - Jun 3 with 3595 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:42 - Jun 3 with 3260 viewsDarth_Koont

Good video and she's bang on.

*Some* white boys though - as anyone who goes around smashing up poor ethnic neighbourhoods in Harlem or Brooklyn or anywhere is a provocateur, racist themselves or just stupidly intent on the "excuse" to break things.

That's not characterised the protesters as a whole.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:51 - Jun 3 with 3242 viewsBluefish

Top lady, unsurprising to read the Michelle Obama connection. That is also what parenting should like

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:57 - Jun 3 with 3213 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:42 - Jun 3 by Darth_Koont

Good video and she's bang on.

*Some* white boys though - as anyone who goes around smashing up poor ethnic neighbourhoods in Harlem or Brooklyn or anywhere is a provocateur, racist themselves or just stupidly intent on the "excuse" to break things.

That's not characterised the protesters as a whole.

Seeing too many of these examples where the community that is affected are being ignored.

Iron Lion Zion

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:59 - Jun 3 with 3193 viewsfooters

Writing in ebonics is racial appropriation and not really something you should be doing, GB.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 11:08 - Jun 3 with 3161 viewsLibero

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:59 - Jun 3 by footers

Writing in ebonics is racial appropriation and not really something you should be doing, GB.

Does this mean my "Whatchu' talkin' about Wilnis?" T-Shirt idea is racist?
Sista telling the white boys how it is on 11:10 - Jun 3 with 3151 viewsDarth_Koont

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:57 - Jun 3 by GlasgowBlue

Seeing too many of these examples where the community that is affected are being ignored.

You've shown most of those before I believe.

And the last one was a white boy who was stopped by predominantly white boys from being a dick.

The protesters are in their hundreds of thousands possibly millions countrywide so you're always going to get idiots during civil unrest. The bigger question is whether white people should be involved and I think the answer is still yes.

Because that's certainly not the woman in the OP's point. She is absolutely right about vandalising poorer neighbourhoods and how that does the most damage to the people who actually live there. She also says at the end that they should take this to the corporations and Wall St. She's not telling them to not be involved but just to raise their sights and certainly not make poorer ethnic lives any harder.

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 11:13 - Jun 3 with 3125 viewsLankHenners

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 10:57 - Jun 3 by GlasgowBlue

Your own thread there suggests there's quite a bit of MAGA people and white supremacists organising fake BLM marches/protests for the purposes of hijacking peaceful ones and causing trouble for black people.

There's also an overwhelming amount of videos, 1st hand accounts etc. of unprovoked police brutality against peaceful protests (or against people just standing around not doing anything), which is sort of the reason the riots burst out in the first place followed by mass protests.

Lest we forget, and it seems like a few have, this all started because a cop murdered a black man in broad daylight whilst his colleagues watched him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:17 - Jun 3 with 3000 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 11:13 - Jun 3 by LankHenners

Your own thread there suggests there's quite a bit of MAGA people and white supremacists organising fake BLM marches/protests for the purposes of hijacking peaceful ones and causing trouble for black people.

There's also an overwhelming amount of videos, 1st hand accounts etc. of unprovoked police brutality against peaceful protests (or against people just standing around not doing anything), which is sort of the reason the riots burst out in the first place followed by mass protests.

Lest we forget, and it seems like a few have, this all started because a cop murdered a black man in broad daylight whilst his colleagues watched him.

Yes more white people making life harder for black people.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:35 - Jun 3 with 2965 viewsSpruceMoose

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 11:13 - Jun 3 by LankHenners

I'm not sure why Gibbers keeps pushing this middle class white boy angle so hard but let's get some perspective here. Anyone can follow the reports and see what the situation is to see if I'm making it up. Here's what I've gathered from actually being where it's happening and not just from Twitter.

1) Protests and the people protesting are overwhelmingly peaceful - especially yesterday.

2) Violence is mainly coming from the police. Protestors are doing a good job of policing the behaviour of other protestors. There do seem to be a few Alt Right/Maga types mixing in and trying to cause trouble though.

3) Looting is taking place after these protests have dispersed, after the curfew that has been in place. They shouldn't be seen as part of the protests but more people taking advantage of a police force that's stretched thin.

4) The majority of looting is being carried out by groups of people entirely seperate to the group of people protesting.

5) The demographic make up of looters is varied. There's even an organised criminal element taking advantage of the chaos. I'm sure there's even a few middle class white boys doing it for a laugh.

6) Looting is mainly concentrated in Manhattan. I believe that there was no looting in Brooklyn last night. Poorer neighbourhoods aren't being targeted in general because, well, what do they have worth stealing. The exception to this was the looting of the main commercial corridor in The Bronx which seems to have largely been carried out by people who live in that area.

7) There's an awful lot of misinformation being spread online in order to undermine legitimate democratic protest.

I'm sure I don't have all the facts, but that seems to be largely what's going on here, based on things I've seen with my own eyes, or people I've talked to, or local news outlets and social media.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 12:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:39 - Jun 3 with 2951 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:35 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure why Gibbers keeps pushing this middle class white boy angle so hard but let's get some perspective here. Anyone can follow the reports and see what the situation is to see if I'm making it up. Here's what I've gathered from actually being where it's happening and not just from Twitter.

1) Protests and the people protesting are overwhelmingly peaceful - especially yesterday.

2) Violence is mainly coming from the police. Protestors are doing a good job of policing the behaviour of other protestors. There do seem to be a few Alt Right/Maga types mixing in and trying to cause trouble though.

3) Looting is taking place after these protests have dispersed, after the curfew that has been in place. They shouldn't be seen as part of the protests but more people taking advantage of a police force that's stretched thin.

4) The majority of looting is being carried out by groups of people entirely seperate to the group of people protesting.

5) The demographic make up of looters is varied. There's even an organised criminal element taking advantage of the chaos. I'm sure there's even a few middle class white boys doing it for a laugh.

6) Looting is mainly concentrated in Manhattan. I believe that there was no looting in Brooklyn last night. Poorer neighbourhoods aren't being targeted in general because, well, what do they have worth stealing. The exception to this was the looting of the main commercial corridor in The Bronx which seems to have largely been carried out by people who live in that area.

7) There's an awful lot of misinformation being spread online in order to undermine legitimate democratic protest.

I'm sure I don't have all the facts, but that seems to be largely what's going on here, based on things I've seen with my own eyes, or people I've talked to, or local news outlets and social media.

It's certainly possible to recognise most of those points remotely from the media and social media. Point 6 is the only one I wasn't aware of.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:46 - Jun 3 with 2927 viewsSpruceMoose

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:39 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

It's certainly possible to recognise most of those points remotely from the media and social media. Point 6 is the only one I wasn't aware of.

Thank you, I thought the points were easy to see online too. I'm not sure what the motivation behind cherry picking examples to back up a flimsy argument is, but it's easy to dismantle just by watching the news itself.

One other thought on the looting. It might be seperate from the protesting but I think they share a common root. What kind of terrible societal conditions must exist before people are willing to burn down and steal from their own neighbourhood? Happy well provided for people don't tend to risk it all by stealing a pair of Nike trainers. Angry people with nothing left to lose might do.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:47 - Jun 3 with 2919 viewsSpruceMoose

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:17 - Jun 3 by GlasgowBlue

Yes but enough about lifelong Conservative voters.

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:55 - Jun 3 with 2904 viewsDarth_Koont

"I'm not sure why Gibbers keeps pushing this middle class white boy angle so hard but let's get some perspective here."

Inflate, conflate and denigrate.

Never underestimate GB's desire to delegitimise "lefties" and keep the status quo largely as is. He came at it too head on and Trumpian with his AntiFa attack. Now it's "white boys" and trying to get them in the crossfire.

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:55 - Jun 3 with 2902 viewsLankHenners

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:46 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Thank you, I thought the points were easy to see online too. I'm not sure what the motivation behind cherry picking examples to back up a flimsy argument is, but it's easy to dismantle just by watching the news itself.

One other thought on the looting. It might be seperate from the protesting but I think they share a common root. What kind of terrible societal conditions must exist before people are willing to burn down and steal from their own neighbourhood? Happy well provided for people don't tend to risk it all by stealing a pair of Nike trainers. Angry people with nothing left to lose might do.

Yes, a bit weird to drive a narrative from a tiny part of the whole situation whilst completely ignoring the context and the rest of it.

Yep, this goes back to the original thread from a few days ago - despite the disgraceful claims from a certain someone that people 'didn't care about black businesses being looted', the reasons for looting can be borne out of anger at a despicable act of violence as a mark of retaliation. You don't have to defend the act itself (which no-one was) but can understand why, given the socio-economic context, someone may be driven to it an a heightened sense of frustration.

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 13:37 - Jun 3 with 2782 viewsSpruceMoose

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 12:55 - Jun 3 by LankHenners

Yes, a bit weird to drive a narrative from a tiny part of the whole situation whilst completely ignoring the context and the rest of it.

Yep, this goes back to the original thread from a few days ago - despite the disgraceful claims from a certain someone that people 'didn't care about black businesses being looted', the reasons for looting can be borne out of anger at a despicable act of violence as a mark of retaliation. You don't have to defend the act itself (which no-one was) but can understand why, given the socio-economic context, someone may be driven to it an a heightened sense of frustration.

Yep. And with no change likely I think it's going to be a long summer in the city.

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 14:53 - Jun 3 with 2673 viewsblueislander

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 13:37 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Yep. And with no change likely I think it's going to be a long summer in the city.

I assume that the likes of those who donned military fatigues to protest about the lockdown are somehow involved in this. Is there hard evidence that this is happening? There must be a real danger of some nut job with the legal right to own a gun will just spray bullets into a group of protestors.
Sista telling the white boys how it is on 17:45 - Jun 3 with 2552 viewsSirBasilBrush

AKA Antifa.
Sista telling the white boys how it is on 17:50 - Jun 3 with 2536 viewsDarth_Koont

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 17:45 - Jun 3 by SirBasilBrush

AKA Antifa.

Are you his alter ego?

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 17:53 - Jun 3 with 2505 viewseireblue

GB is a middle class white boy sitting at home.

Maybe he is just giving the only perspective he feels qualified to talk about.
Sista telling the white boys how it is on 18:00 - Jun 3 with 2471 viewsLankHenners

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 17:50 - Jun 3 by Darth_Koont

Are you his alter ego?

There's an account on Twitter that crops up occasionally called SirBasilBrush. Could be that the loser behind that has decided to troll a random football forum with loony right-wing talking points, or that someone else has decided to use the same children's tv puppet fox as an online moniker to chat absolute bollox.

Either way, I don't think it's fair for the real Basil to be tarnished with such tw@ttery.

https://twitter.com/SirBasilBrush

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 18:02 - Jun 3 with 2455 viewsDarth_Koont

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 18:00 - Jun 3 by LankHenners

There's an account on Twitter that crops up occasionally called SirBasilBrush. Could be that the loser behind that has decided to troll a random football forum with loony right-wing talking points, or that someone else has decided to use the same children's tv puppet fox as an online moniker to chat absolute bollox.

Either way, I don't think it's fair for the real Basil to be tarnished with such tw@ttery.

He seems to have latched onto a few of GB's talking points if so.

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 18:06 - Jun 3 with 2439 viewsm14_blue

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 18:00 - Jun 3 by LankHenners

God what a cesspit that twitter feed is, imagine going through life with that sort of bitterness and anger every day.

Interesting to note that the swivelled eyed loons are already preparing to blame the protestors for a second wave, which would conveniently absolve the government I guess.
Sista telling the white boys how it is on 18:46 - Jun 3 with 2376 viewsSpruceMoose

These white fellas making it hard for the press to report on what's actually happening you mean?

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 22:38 - Jun 3 with 2264 viewsSpruceMoose

Never mind this 'middle class white boys' boomer nonsense. People who actually care should be highlighting this kind of thing.

Sista telling the white boys how it is on 00:26 - Jun 4 with 2184 viewsSpruceMoose

More middle class white boys

https://apnews.com/6223153093f08fa910c4ab445771b773?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=S

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024