Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson v Starmer 12:18 - Jun 3 with 6864 viewsBlueNomad

Another massive away win. Johnson getting ratty - shouting and jabbing his finger on his papers. Starmer just winds him up and lets him go.

Amazing to read that he is finally going to “get a grip” of No 10. What a brilliant PM he is!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 13:54]
Johnson v Starmer on 12:22 - Jun 3 with 3972 viewsvilanovablue

It was an open goal given they publicly announced that Boris was going to take charge! It shows how poorly prepared he was that he couldn't answer the question.
Johnson v Starmer on 12:23 - Jun 3 with 3956 viewsuefacup81

I think, based on the last couple of PMQs, Starmer now has his tactic sorted.

1) Politely and calmly ask forensic probing questions, backed up by evidence
2) Wait for Boris to lose his sh1t
3) Profit

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Johnson v Starmer on 12:24 - Jun 3 with 3949 viewsBlueNomad

Johnson v Starmer on 12:22 - Jun 3 by vilanovablue

It was an open goal given they publicly announced that Boris was going to take charge! It shows how poorly prepared he was that he couldn't answer the question.

Then Blackford finished him off. Johnson couldn’t even express the slightest criticism of his “friend” Donald Trump when asked.
Johnson v Starmer on 12:27 - Jun 3 with 3936 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If only he showed that much passion in helping people. Absolute Moron. Starmer showing him up

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Johnson v Starmer on 12:38 - Jun 3 with 3893 viewsusm

I dont really get why there is so much political point scoring going on, and why so many seem to want the Govt to fail. We should all be trying to pull together wherever we can at present, irrespective of your political views. There are much more important issues at the moment and we really should all be pulling together, not pulling apart.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Johnson v Starmer on 12:42 - Jun 3 with 3866 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 12:38 - Jun 3 by usm

I dont really get why there is so much political point scoring going on, and why so many seem to want the Govt to fail. We should all be trying to pull together wherever we can at present, irrespective of your political views. There are much more important issues at the moment and we really should all be pulling together, not pulling apart.

'Stop criticising them, just because they're incompetent' is also political point scoring.

Of the most pathetic flavour.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 13:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson v Starmer on 12:44 - Jun 3 with 3835 viewsBlueNomad

Don’t you think that might be easier if the government showed a degree of competence. Of course we all want them to do a good job but they have to give us confidence. This isn’t a question of left v right - it is a question of competence v incompetence. The latter is winning.
Johnson v Starmer on 12:46 - Jun 3 with 3821 viewsuefacup81

Is that the best response you have to legitimate criticism of Bojo and his pack of clowns?

You don't get a free pass just because it's an international crisis. If you directly contribute to the deaths of thousands of your own citizens, you can expect the odd dissenting voice here and there.

Saying 'corporate manslaughter is bad' isn't a political point - it's just good old fashioned British common sense.

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson v Starmer on 12:46 - Jun 3 with 3820 viewsMeadowlark

Straight from the Boris songbook, that one!
"Pull together wherever we can." Never seen a Tory try to do anything for anyone else that doesn't involve a profit.
Johnson v Starmer on 12:49 - Jun 3 with 3805 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not sure whether you mean here or in Parliament. The challenging in parliament is making a difference - looks like BJ gave way on giving shielding/absent MPs a proxy vote, which wasn't previously in consideration. BJ also committed to more targets on testing, but I think that question came from Hunt didn't it, so probably planned.

I think there have been a few u-turns off the back of public pressure too during this government, so that sometimes works too.

They are supposed to be working for us (ha - I know!) so they need to be challenged when they're not.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson v Starmer on 12:50 - Jun 3 with 3802 viewsvilanovablue

Johnson v Starmer on 12:44 - Jun 3 by BlueNomad

Don’t you think that might be easier if the government showed a degree of competence. Of course we all want them to do a good job but they have to give us confidence. This isn’t a question of left v right - it is a question of competence v incompetence. The latter is winning.

This is the critical point, it's not wrong to hold the government to account if they are doing a bad job. By any measure at all if the party in power are doing a bad job and this should be challenged regardless of the circumstances.
Johnson v Starmer on 12:56 - Jun 3 with 3781 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 12:50 - Jun 3 by vilanovablue

This is the critical point, it's not wrong to hold the government to account if they are doing a bad job. By any measure at all if the party in power are doing a bad job and this should be challenged regardless of the circumstances.

'Stop moaning, they're doing their best' is what you say when under 10's football team is getting stuffed 12-0, not when a government has just presided over the highest death toll in Europe.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 13:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Johnson v Starmer on 12:59 - Jun 3 with 3767 viewsuefacup81

Johnson v Starmer on 12:56 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

'Stop moaning, they're doing their best' is what you say when under 10's football team is getting stuffed 12-0, not when a government has just presided over the highest death toll in Europe.

Johnson v Starmer on 13:00 - Jun 3 with 3760 viewsMullet

I guess millions of us who have taken every precaution, sacrificed our freedoms and way of life, forgone so much to support what the government has asked of us find it a bit bloody rich when weeks later it's shown they are hypocrites, liars, in the thrall of elitist scumbags and keep on killing people whilst telling us it's not their fault.

That's before the thousands of families who have lost people, had to bury them in the most inhumane conditions for the greater good whilst Johnson smugly bragged about ignoring social distancing before getting himself laid up with COVID for weeks whilst Raab pretended to run things, not knowing Cummings was swanning about doing as he pleased.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Johnson v Starmer on 13:01 - Jun 3 with 3752 viewsvapour_trail

What does that even mean, practically? It’s just meaningless rhetoric. There’s a lot of it about.

The whole PMQ ding dong is pretty irrelevant in any case. Vast majority of the country don’t engage with it on any level.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnson v Starmer on 13:08 - Jun 3 with 3712 viewsHerbivore

Johnson v Starmer on 13:01 - Jun 3 by vapour_trail

What does that even mean, practically? It’s just meaningless rhetoric. There’s a lot of it about.

The whole PMQ ding dong is pretty irrelevant in any case. Vast majority of the country don’t engage with it on any level.

It basically means don't criticise my team, they may be useless and I can offer no defence of them so I'm just going to suggest that it's crass to criticise them at the current time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson v Starmer on 13:08 - Jun 3 with 3717 viewsgordon

If political point scoring means what I understand it to mean, isn't it precisely what this Government have spent this whole sodding crisis doing, and partly why we're in such a mess?
Johnson v Starmer on 13:12 - Jun 3 with 3692 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 12:59 - Jun 3 by uefacup81

I give it 15 minutes before he comes back with 'lol got you all I wiz trolling'.

Johnson v Starmer on 13:14 - Jun 3 with 3677 viewsClapham_Junction

Johnson v Starmer on 13:08 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

It basically means don't criticise my team, they may be useless and I can offer no defence of them so I'm just going to suggest that it's crass to criticise them at the current time.

Now is not the time to talk about COVID-19 control.
Johnson v Starmer on 13:14 - Jun 3 with 3679 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson v Starmer on 13:08 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

And 'I know I picked them, but I picked people who are even more useless than me, so I can kid myself I look good. I mean, matt hancock. Really?'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson v Starmer on 13:22 - Jun 3 with 3634 viewsPinewoodblue

Johnson v Starmer on 13:14 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

And 'I know I picked them, but I picked people who are even more useless than me, so I can kid myself I look good. I mean, matt hancock. Really?'

Matt Hancock makes Jeremy Hunt appear competent.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Johnson v Starmer on 13:24 - Jun 3 with 3627 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson v Starmer on 13:22 - Jun 3 by Pinewoodblue

Our pet cat Mitzi would do a better job than hancock.

And Mitzi has been dead for about eight years.

Johnson v Starmer on 13:28 - Jun 3 with 3602 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson v Starmer on 12:56 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

And 'daddy, who's that creepy man over there who looks like the honey monster? He's scaring me' is what the under 10's football team say when boris turns up.

Johnson v Starmer on 13:29 - Jun 3 with 3599 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 13:22 - Jun 3 by Pinewoodblue

One of my senior colleagues who's had dealing with both can verify this. Their actual words were 'makes his predecessor look like an intellectual titan'.

Johnson v Starmer on 13:31 - Jun 3 with 3585 viewsPlums

If only the government were pulling with the rest of us...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024