Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson v Starmer 12:18 - Jun 3 with 6863 viewsBlueNomad

Another massive away win. Johnson getting ratty - shouting and jabbing his finger on his papers. Starmer just winds him up and lets him go.

Amazing to read that he is finally going to “get a grip” of No 10. What a brilliant PM he is!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 13:54]
Johnson v Starmer on 13:31 - Jun 3 with 2245 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 13:28 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

And 'daddy, who's that creepy man over there who looks like the honey monster? He's scaring me' is what the under 10's football team say when boris turns up.

There's no way he'd turn up to anything involving twenty+ kids being present as there's a good chance that one of them might belong to him.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 13:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson v Starmer on 13:33 - Jun 3 with 2241 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 13:31 - Jun 3 by Plums

If only the government were pulling with the rest of us...

They've been pulling something through all this...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Johnson v Starmer on 13:53 - Jun 3 with 2210 viewsBlueNomad

DaveU - I see you have downvoted my OP and second comment re Blackford. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. Would you care to say something on the matter as you clearly disagree with my account of PMQs?
Johnson v Starmer on 13:53 - Jun 3 with 2207 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson v Starmer on 13:31 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

There's no way he'd turn up to anything involving twenty+ kids being present as there's a good chance that one of them might belong to him.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 13:34]

Is daveU a junior minister, or part of the Downing Street communications team?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson v Starmer on 13:56 - Jun 3 with 2200 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 13:53 - Jun 3 by BlueNomad

DaveU - I see you have downvoted my OP and second comment re Blackford. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. Would you care to say something on the matter as you clearly disagree with my account of PMQs?

He's done to anything vaguely critical of Boris.

Johnson v Starmer on 14:00 - Jun 3 with 2192 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 13:53 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

Is daveU a junior minister, or part of the Downing Street communications team?

A quick flick through Dave's profile shows no forum posts, news comments, match reports or anything. I reckon he's a sock puppet for someone even more cowardly than our usual wing nuts.

Johnson v Starmer on 14:01 - Jun 3 with 2188 viewsmrshallisfit

Johnson v Starmer on 12:38 - Jun 3 by usm

I dont really get why there is so much political point scoring going on, and why so many seem to want the Govt to fail. We should all be trying to pull together wherever we can at present, irrespective of your political views. There are much more important issues at the moment and we really should all be pulling together, not pulling apart.

Rather than wanting the government to fail I would much prefer a government that at every turn was on top of the situation. A government that didn't have to react frantically 10 or so days too late. That would be nice wouldn't it.
Johnson v Starmer on 14:18 - Jun 3 with 2163 viewsBlueNomad

Johnson v Starmer on 14:01 - Jun 3 by mrshallisfit

Rather than wanting the government to fail I would much prefer a government that at every turn was on top of the situation. A government that didn't have to react frantically 10 or so days too late. That would be nice wouldn't it.

The bottom line is that at a time like this I would say, as a Labour voter, that I would rather see Tory competence than Labour incompetence. At the moment we have the worst of both bits - Tory incompetence.
Login to get fewer ads

Johnson v Starmer on 14:24 - Jun 3 with 2160 viewsclive_baker

Johnson v Starmer on 12:38 - Jun 3 by usm

I dont really get why there is so much political point scoring going on, and why so many seem to want the Govt to fail. We should all be trying to pull together wherever we can at present, irrespective of your political views. There are much more important issues at the moment and we really should all be pulling together, not pulling apart.

I don't think anyone 'wants' the government to fail. I'm passionate about people and about the UK, I would love for nothing more than the government to be expertly leading us through this crisis. I think people are just pointing out that, well, they're not doing that. Quite the opposite. A level of challenge is healthy, otherwise we're destined for misrule.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Johnson v Starmer on 14:27 - Jun 3 with 2155 viewssparks

Johnson v Starmer on 14:24 - Jun 3 by clive_baker

I don't think anyone 'wants' the government to fail. I'm passionate about people and about the UK, I would love for nothing more than the government to be expertly leading us through this crisis. I think people are just pointing out that, well, they're not doing that. Quite the opposite. A level of challenge is healthy, otherwise we're destined for misrule.

I am deeply concerned that we are walking into accepting a manner of government akin to the Trump regime.

That must not happen.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Johnson v Starmer on 14:29 - Jun 3 with 2143 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 14:27 - Jun 3 by sparks

I am deeply concerned that we are walking into accepting a manner of government akin to the Trump regime.

That must not happen.

Too late. The 2016 referendum ensured the ultimate triumph of fact-free politics.

Johnson v Starmer on 14:31 - Jun 3 with 2137 viewsmrshallisfit

That must not happen.

It is worrying how we are copying the US's style. Doubling down aggressively when they are clearly in the wrong.
Johnson v Starmer on 14:33 - Jun 3 with 2131 viewsBrixtonBlue

That must not happen.

Didn't you vote for this lot?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Johnson v Starmer on 14:36 - Jun 3 with 2131 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson v Starmer on 14:33 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

Phil! Warm up your editing fingers...

Johnson v Starmer on 14:44 - Jun 3 with 2091 viewsDarth_Koont

Johnson v Starmer on 14:29 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Too late. The 2016 referendum ensured the ultimate triumph of fact-free politics.

Gmpf. You're telling me ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Johnson v Starmer on 14:49 - Jun 3 with 2080 viewssparks

Johnson v Starmer on 14:33 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

Nope.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Johnson v Starmer on 14:53 - Jun 3 with 2068 viewsclive_baker

Johnson v Starmer on 14:49 - Jun 3 by sparks

Nope.

Even if you had have done, more props if you've now come to this realisation IMO.

Valid question marks exist around what anyone saw in this party at the back end of 2019 that warranted their vote, but I'm more than happy to celebrate anyone who has the ability to see them for what they're worth, even if its taken this. Too many people would rather double down for fear of raising their head above the parapet and admitting any regret, and who can blame them given how people approach a debate now? Accusational and antagonistic tones simply causes further divide and encourages all the wrong behaviours IMO.

As a wise man once said, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Johnson v Starmer on 14:54 - Jun 3 with 2061 viewsBrixtonBlue

Johnson v Starmer on 14:49 - Jun 3 by sparks

Nope.

Fair enough. You seemed to defend them a lot in the lead up to the election, so it surprises me you didn't vote for them in the end.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Johnson v Starmer on 14:59 - Jun 3 with 2047 viewssparks

Johnson v Starmer on 14:54 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

Fair enough. You seemed to defend them a lot in the lead up to the election, so it surprises me you didn't vote for them in the end.

Really? I dont recall doing anything of the sort.

I seem to recall being appalled at the fact that Boris had sought a deal on Brexit which involved may stepping down- which made it absolutely inescapable that politcs and personal progress was more important than the principles of the decision.

For what its worth I didnt vote for the previous government either.

Edited to add that i was really quite outspoken on here about Boris conduct...
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 16:21]

Johnson v Starmer on 15:25 - Jun 3 with 2002 viewsBrixtonBlue

Johnson v Starmer on 14:59 - Jun 3 by sparks

Really? I dont recall doing anything of the sort.

I seem to recall being appalled at the fact that Boris had sought a deal on Brexit which involved may stepping down- which made it absolutely inescapable that politcs and personal progress was more important than the principles of the decision.

For what its worth I didnt vote for the previous government either.

Edited to add that i was really quite outspoken on here about Boris conduct...
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 16:21]

I've been under the impression for several years that you're a Tory. Not sure I'm the only one to think it.

Johnson v Starmer on 16:03 - Jun 3 with 1969 viewsHerbivore

Johnson v Starmer on 15:25 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

I've been under the impression for several years that you're a Tory. Not sure I'm the only one to think it.

I think Sparks, along with a few others, is a Tory at heart and it would ordinarily be his natural home. However, the current Tory party (indeed the one of the past few years) is so utterly morally bankrupt and devoid of talent that he cannot support it in its current form. It mirrors how many Labour supporters ended up feeling about Corbyn's Labour.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 16:04]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson v Starmer on 16:21 - Jun 3 with 1937 viewssparks

Johnson v Starmer on 15:25 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

I try to approach everything on its merits. Rationally and reserving position when there is not enough information. Thats not an approach which sits well with some people's emotive reactionary (and illogical) approach to an issue.

Johnson v Starmer on 17:11 - Jun 3 with 1893 viewsclive_baker

Johnson v Starmer on 16:21 - Jun 3 by sparks

I try to approach everything on its merits. Rationally and reserving position when there is not enough information. Thats not an approach which sits well with some people's emotive reactionary (and illogical) approach to an issue.

I think the world would be a better and fairer place if everyone took that approach.

It really winds me up how people attach themselves to a party with an outrageous degree of blind loyalty. "I vote X because my family always have done". You're a berk then. Do some research, understand the manifestos, ask yourself what sort of a society you want for this country and who is most credible in delivering that and go out and vote for it. Don't be afraid to vote for a different party to one you've voted for previously if you think the landscape has changed, or if you think the needs of the country have changed in that time. That's perfectly acceptable. Admirable, in fact. People need to view things a bit more objectively IMO. I've voted Labour previously, but I'm happy to call Corbyn out as someone who, in my opinion, took it from a party capable of governing the country, to little more than a protest movement. Hopefully under Starmer they can once again be a credible option at the ballot box.

In the same respect I know a number of people who voted Tory in December but will happily tell it how it is right now in that there are serious question marks over the handling of this crisis. Bl00dy hard thing to have to deal with, admittedly, but some serious question marks and reasons to believe it's not be handled as well as it could and should have been. It's not a reflection on them.

It's not football, there's no need for party loyalty if it's unwarranted.

Johnson v Starmer on 17:16 - Jun 3 with 1883 viewsmrshallisfit

Johnson v Starmer on 16:21 - Jun 3 by sparks

You are Spock from Star Trek and I claim my £5.
Johnson v Starmer on 17:34 - Jun 3 with 1862 viewseireblue

Johnson v Starmer on 17:16 - Jun 3 by mrshallisfit

You are Spock from Star Trek and I claim my £5.

Nah, Spock was properly rational, like all Vulcans, and so was a vegetarian. Based on evidence, he was probably vegan.

[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 17:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024