Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. 14:13 - Jun 3 with 1025 viewshomer_123

I posted a response to a thread a while back saying that I respected those that chose not send their kids back and I respected those that did. There isn't really a right option.

However, I'm extremely disappointed and livid with my school.

As parents my wife and I made an 'informed' decision about sending one of ours back. This was primarily based on a detailed letter received from the school spelling out exactly their approach and primarily how many would be in a class and who, specifically, they would be in a class with.

It was our child's first day back today. We receive a text message from the school around 11.30 today explaining that the 'bubble' our child was in has been changed.

Not only are there now 3 more children in it than they said there would be but our child is now in a class with completely different children. Moreover, the child they walked to school with this morning (who was supposed to be in the same class) is now in a different class!

So, you make a decision, as best you can, given there is an element of risk sending them back and the school go and do this.

For f*cks sake - we've tried extremely hard to be sensible and follow all the suggested guidelines and do our bit during this crisis and then get screwed over. Having called the school and spoken to the Head (who was rather dismissive), it was explained that they didn't think it would be a problem as the 'bubble' will now stay that way going forward.

That maybe the case but I explained that our original decision was based on certain numbers and children in the bloody class - it was somewhat lost on the Head.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Rant over and I appreciate that some may feel I over reacting here......
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 14:21]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 14:31 - Jun 3 with 966 viewsgiant_stow

Swiching classes isn't going to help the kids going back when they need as much familiarity as possible.

Wonder why they did that?

Feel for you mr. Are you going to keep your child back now?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 14:31 - Jun 3 with 967 viewsKropotkin123

It's a 100% increase and you've been lied to. You have every right to feel aggrieved.

Is it really worth the risk? If it is a no, then pull them out and highlight their lies.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 14:39 - Jun 3 with 953 viewsflimflam

Was social distancing adhered to on the walk to school? If so then the changing of classes for the other child should make no difference.

My lad goes back tomorrow with his class split into 2 and the finer details sent out by the school of what practices will be followed seem very good.

Will see after tomorrow if I am still of the same thinking.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 14:40]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 14:41 - Jun 3 with 942 viewsFixed_It

Whilst I understand your concern, I am sure there will have been logistical teasons behind this - possibly beyond the school's control. They will not have made the changes ' just to piss you off'. Don't forget that this is new for everyone - and an incredible amount of planning will have been done behind the scenes which will have had to take into account a lot of factors.
However, the bottom line is you are petfectly at liberty to reverse your decision if you are not happy with the new arrangements. Or more importantly, if homer junior isn't.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 14:55 - Jun 3 with 912 viewsPinewoodblue

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 14:41 - Jun 3 by Fixed_It

Whilst I understand your concern, I am sure there will have been logistical teasons behind this - possibly beyond the school's control. They will not have made the changes ' just to piss you off'. Don't forget that this is new for everyone - and an incredible amount of planning will have been done behind the scenes which will have had to take into account a lot of factors.
However, the bottom line is you are petfectly at liberty to reverse your decision if you are not happy with the new arrangements. Or more importantly, if homer junior isn't.

Sounds there may be one less ‘bubble’ than originally planned. Presumably the text didn’t begin ‘ due to staff illness’

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 15:19 - Jun 3 with 891 viewsFixed_It

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 14:55 - Jun 3 by Pinewoodblue

Sounds there may be one less ‘bubble’ than originally planned. Presumably the text didn’t begin ‘ due to staff illness’

Possibly. Or maybe a few others have taken up the option to attend after the initial survey which has changed numbers. Whatever the issue, I am sure it was a nightmare for the school to adjust at such short notice. Unfortunately, some people are very quick to criticise without understanding the full situation.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 15:31 - Jun 3 with 865 viewshomer_123

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 15:19 - Jun 3 by Fixed_It

Possibly. Or maybe a few others have taken up the option to attend after the initial survey which has changed numbers. Whatever the issue, I am sure it was a nightmare for the school to adjust at such short notice. Unfortunately, some people are very quick to criticise without understanding the full situation.

I don't doubt that logistically it was always going to be difficult.

That said, given parents decisions are asked to be made on the size of the class and a specific list of names of others that would be in the class - it's not exactly surprising that parents might feel a touch aggrieved to find both of those had changed, without warning.

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 16:00 - Jun 3 with 841 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have the school explained why the change occurred?

If there is an unexpected staff absence they probably had little choice. There has been very little time for schools to prepare for wider opening this week. Maybe the risk assessment produced over half term was seen and needed to be changed for good reason and so got changed?

The school probably should have made you aware there are likely to be unforeseen changes that take place but really, if you are sending a child into school, however robust the precautions, you have to assume the potential for some contact with every other individual on site be they staff, children or visitors. The risk assessments should minimise the possibilities but these are children we are talking about here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 17:10 - Jun 3 with 780 viewshomer_123

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 16:00 - Jun 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Have the school explained why the change occurred?

If there is an unexpected staff absence they probably had little choice. There has been very little time for schools to prepare for wider opening this week. Maybe the risk assessment produced over half term was seen and needed to be changed for good reason and so got changed?

The school probably should have made you aware there are likely to be unforeseen changes that take place but really, if you are sending a child into school, however robust the precautions, you have to assume the potential for some contact with every other individual on site be they staff, children or visitors. The risk assessments should minimise the possibilities but these are children we are talking about here.

We have had the following from the school:

1. It was decided, based on attendance, to adjust the groups
2. The school did not deem contacting parents a priority but in hindsight now recognises that contact should have been made to seek permission given the changes made were significantly different from what we set out originally

There were no staff absences today - all teaching and support staff were in the school as planned.

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 17:33 - Jun 3 with 761 viewsNthsuffolkblue

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 17:10 - Jun 3 by homer_123

We have had the following from the school:

1. It was decided, based on attendance, to adjust the groups
2. The school did not deem contacting parents a priority but in hindsight now recognises that contact should have been made to seek permission given the changes made were significantly different from what we set out originally

There were no staff absences today - all teaching and support staff were in the school as planned.

"Based on attendance" so either they had students turn up they were not expecting or the opposite. Probably unhelpful from parents but I know school teachers have found it difficult to tell schools whether they will be sending their own children in because we do not know whether we are needed yet. We do not want to send our children in unless we have no alternative.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 17:40 - Jun 3 with 754 viewshomer_123

For those whose kids have gone back to school....how about this. on 17:33 - Jun 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

"Based on attendance" so either they had students turn up they were not expecting or the opposite. Probably unhelpful from parents but I know school teachers have found it difficult to tell schools whether they will be sending their own children in because we do not know whether we are needed yet. We do not want to send our children in unless we have no alternative.

Yep, no doubt because of that.

And I do understand it's not easy for them but to not check with parents is very poor.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024