Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Voting, this has nothing to do with politics 15:16 - Jun 3 with 863 viewsBluearmy71

So hearing an advertisement on television last night that stated such and such product was voted the best product of 2020 in its category got me thinking.......who the actual fook has voted for anything like this?? I have never voted on/for any product, where do they get the people who vote and if you have not yourself do you know of anyone whom has, again I don't even know anyone that has participated in such voting!

I am fully aware of how sad even thinking of this is but circumstance and all that!!
Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 15:18 - Jun 3 with 847 viewsfooters

At work, we pay for all our 'awards' through sponsorships... It's like when you get an email about being named top 100 CEOs or whatever.

But I think some busybody Which? magazine types would be interested in general product testing. But life really is too short to care what brand of dishwasher tablet is the best, imo.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 15:49 - Jun 3 with 806 viewsBrianTablet

Obviously, when you say insignificant votes, you're not including best cheese vote...

(Old Amsterdam)

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 16:20 - Jun 3 with 774 viewssolemio

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 15:18 - Jun 3 by footers

At work, we pay for all our 'awards' through sponsorships... It's like when you get an email about being named top 100 CEOs or whatever.

But I think some busybody Which? magazine types would be interested in general product testing. But life really is too short to care what brand of dishwasher tablet is the best, imo.

I had time to find out from Which? that Aldi sell the best dishwasher tablets.

I got the time by driving at 151 mph on the motorway and used the time I had saved for this.
Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 17:20 - Jun 3 with 735 viewsOldsmoker

I once worked for an American global company.
They set up an 'institute' in the USA that awarded prizes to the best companies in their industry.
Our company always came top.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 17:30 - Jun 3 with 724 viewsJ2BLUE

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 15:18 - Jun 3 by footers

Talking of time wasters...people who leave online reviews like 'just received this product, haven't tried it yet. Hope it works'

I mean what the actual f**k? Who does that help?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 17:48 - Jun 3 with 702 viewsjeera

Dave Gorman did a good take on this matter.

He does explain how the whole thing works if you can be bothered to find it.

But yes, firms pay to be considered and then pay more if they 'win'.

The categories are so vast that almost anyone could 'win' an award if they pay enough.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 17:53 - Jun 3 with 693 viewsjeera

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 17:30 - Jun 3 by J2BLUE

Talking of time wasters...people who leave online reviews like 'just received this product, haven't tried it yet. Hope it works'

Heh. I'm glad I'm not alone in getting wound up by that.

It's because they're sent emails asking for their reviews so feel obliged to answer.

Like you say, "I've ordered one but it's not here yet" just fills up the page and gives you the hump.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Voting, this has nothing to do with politics on 18:33 - Jun 3 with 678 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure many are from those irritated at getting an email from Amazon within seconds (or that's what it feels like) of the product arriving.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

The best "online review" I've seen.... on 18:50 - Jun 3 with 662 viewsBloots

...was on SeatGuru (where you review airline seats, service, etc)

It said something like:

"Do not sit in seat 14A, the person next to me was grossly overweight and made my journey very uncomfortable"

True

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024