Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) 16:20 - Jun 3 with 2014 viewsElderGrizzly

Spain had 2 and they are 2 weeks or so ahead of us?

And we’ll have another spike if this is anything to go by. Honourable cause, but FFS...

[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 16:20]
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:23 - Jun 3 with 1986 viewsReuser_is_God

These protests really are mind boggling aren't they.

Racism has been an issue for years & will be an issue for years to come so why on earth people are breaking temporary social distancing rules to protest against it right now is bizarre.

There is one in Ipswich on Saturday & whilst it seems to be be organised well with intentions of maintaining a social distance I'm 99% certain it'll go out the window if more than a handful of people turn up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:29 - Jun 3 with 1938 viewsWicklowBlue

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:23 - Jun 3 by Reuser_is_God

Racism has been an issue for years & will be an issue for years to come so why on earth people are breaking temporary social distancing rules to protest against it right now is bizarre.

There is one in Ipswich on Saturday & whilst it seems to be be organised well with intentions of maintaining a social distance I'm 99% certain it'll go out the window if more than a handful of people turn up.

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:40 - Jun 3 with 1894 viewsBrianTablet

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:23 - Jun 3 by Reuser_is_God

Maybe they're really bl**dy angry.

Maybe they've just had enough of it for all these years.

Maybe they've been so cr*pped on by certain members of society for so long that they aren't thinking calmly and what's in the (supposed) best interest of that society as a whole.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:40 - Jun 3 with 1889 viewsThe_Major

Tbf, apparently the organisers are handing out masks, but they can't control people's actions.

At least if you're going to break social distancing, this is far more important than bundling down to Clacton.

Not going to end well though, I fear
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:42 - Jun 3 with 1879 viewsGeoffSentence

Given that BAME people or more likely to suffer badly from covid19, risking spreading it in the name of BLM seems counterproductive.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:45 - Jun 3 with 1869 viewslinhdi

I have a little sense of irony that the airwaves were full of the report of how BAME people seem disproportionately at risk from CV19, then the very next day an organisation called "Black Lives Matter" organise a mass protest that puts so many people at risk.
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:50 - Jun 3 with 1832 viewsclive_baker

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:42 - Jun 3 by GeoffSentence

Given that BAME people or more likely to suffer badly from covid19, risking spreading it in the name of BLM seems counterproductive.

Is there any conclusive scientific evidence that BAME are more likely to suffer badly from it? Or rather is it socio-demographic reasons that mean BAME have over indexed in dying from it thus far?

Either way, I think it's stupid at this moment to be getting together in large groups, however valid the cause. Very easy for me to sit here and say that though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:57 - Jun 3 with 1799 viewsjeera

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:50 - Jun 3 by clive_baker

Is there any conclusive scientific evidence that BAME are more likely to suffer badly from it? Or rather is it socio-demographic reasons that mean BAME have over indexed in dying from it thus far?

Either way, I think it's stupid at this moment to be getting together in large groups, however valid the cause. Very easy for me to sit here and say that though.

It is a tricky one isn' it.

You fully support the cause and feel strongly that things need to change and at any other time would support the protests too.

But if those lead to more deaths and misery then that's rough too.

Maybe we should all be protesting more electronically, bombarding the powers that be with more and more emails, swamping them with petitions and making more of a nuisance that way. At least for now.

I dunno.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 17:33 - Jun 3 with 1721 viewsSirBasilBrush

What's even more mind boggling is that the authorities just let them go ahead. For months we have been arguing about the minute details of viral transmission. Can you be outside? How often can you be outside? Can you be with other people? How many? And how much distance should you keep from each other? Then masses of people gather in cities across the world for a protest and the authorities do nothing.
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 17:59 - Jun 3 with 1681 viewspositivity

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 17:33 - Jun 3 by SirBasilBrush

What's even more mind boggling is that the authorities just let them go ahead. For months we have been arguing about the minute details of viral transmission. Can you be outside? How often can you be outside? Can you be with other people? How many? And how much distance should you keep from each other? Then masses of people gather in cities across the world for a protest and the authorities do nothing.

in britain at least they haven't got a leg to stand on.

how can they say, it's fine to go to barnard castle for your wife's birthday treat when in full lockdown, (sorry, go for an eyesight test), but it's not ok to protest against racism when the lockdown is "eased".

even a government as clueless as this one would spot the optics problem with this one...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:11 - Jun 3 with 1642 viewsm14_blue

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 17:59 - Jun 3 by positivity

in britain at least they haven't got a leg to stand on.

how can they say, it's fine to go to barnard castle for your wife's birthday treat when in full lockdown, (sorry, go for an eyesight test), but it's not ok to protest against racism when the lockdown is "eased".

even a government as clueless as this one would spot the optics problem with this one...

They also let Cheltenham go ahead when the virus was spreading exponentially and have since defended that decision because it was an outside event.
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:16 - Jun 3 with 1628 viewsTrequartista

Absolutely ridiculous this is happening. However worthy the cause, it's almost beyond doubt this is going to kill people.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 18:36]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:22 - Jun 3 with 1597 viewsShawsey

Total ridiculous. How is this even allowed to happen. Second spike won't be far behind. We have all, well most, been saying this for weeks now. Words fail me.
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:30 - Jun 3 with 1581 viewsIllinoisblue

If I may coldheartedly channel my inner Brent giving redundancy news... the good news

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:32 - Jun 3 with 1557 viewsElderGrizzly

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:40 - Jun 3 by The_Major

Tbf, apparently the organisers are handing out masks, but they can't control people's actions.

At least if you're going to break social distancing, this is far more important than bundling down to Clacton.

Not going to end well though, I fear

Indeed it hasn’t.

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:55 - Jun 3 with 1504 viewsGeoffSentence

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 16:50 - Jun 3 by clive_baker

There is plenty of evidence that BAME people are disproportionally affected by Covid. I don't think there is anything to say that it is due to ethnicity, no-one really knows why they are more likely to get it. In this context it doesn't really matter why though, large gatherings like this are going to cause suffering for the very people they are supporting whatever teh underlying reason.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 19:00 - Jun 3 with 1493 viewsm14_blue

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:16 - Jun 3 by Trequartista

Absolutely ridiculous this is happening. However worthy the cause, it's almost beyond doubt this is going to kill people.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 18:36]

I agree actually.
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 23:48 - Jun 3 with 1269 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It is a shame in my eyes. I have been campaigning and had an online group which aimed to get in touch with people in higher positions to speak about making life in the UK better for people of BAME groups which started nearly 6 years ago, it is about time we had these protests. However, if these protests were to be peaceful like they were billed and should be, there is no reason they shouldn't be listening to the rules. I don't want this protest to lose credibility, but this doesn't help.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 09:13 - Jun 4 with 1102 viewsBarcaBlue

I would take the figures coming out of Spain with a huge dose of salt. I thought it was odd this week that a hospital here announced a Covid related death on a a day when the goverment announced none at all. Seems that Madrid and Castilla recorded 17 deaths

https://www.ft.com/content/77eb7a13-cd26-41dd-9642-616708b43673

Numbers have come right down but zero ( or two) deaths is highly unlikely.

Edit, tweet added to compare to UK numbers...

[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 10:15]
Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 09:19 - Jun 4 with 1085 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another 359 deaths yesterday (and more to come from Hyde Park?) on 18:32 - Jun 3 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed it hasn’t.

I’m going to hazard a guess that none of the police who were getting battered in London last night had anything to do with the death of George Floyd.

Seems like an eternity ago that we were applauding key workers.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 9:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024