Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill 17:30 - Jun 3 with 1502 viewsHipsterectomy

For the pause in the season/loss of revenue. Which is £16.5 mill if shared equally. It will rise to almost £800 mill if the season can’t be completed.

Can’t link as it’s from the Athletic.

Relegated clubs this year may actually go bust.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:32 - Jun 3 with 1489 viewsJ2BLUE

It will probably be pro rata so relegated clubs will pay less than the likes of Liverpool who receive tens of millions more than a club like Norwich. Hopefully it knocks out a year of parachute payments though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:35 - Jun 3 with 1471 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:32 - Jun 3 by J2BLUE

It will probably be pro rata so relegated clubs will pay less than the likes of Liverpool who receive tens of millions more than a club like Norwich. Hopefully it knocks out a year of parachute payments though.

Indeed. It cannot be them paying Sky as much as Sky not paying the full amount of their contract. If the season is completed, I cannot see how they can justify it at all. They are still receiving the product they have paid for. I guess it depends on wording of contracts. Also the headline may be very misleading and it might simply be delaying payments effectively.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:38 - Jun 3 with 1460 viewsgiant_stow

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:35 - Jun 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. It cannot be them paying Sky as much as Sky not paying the full amount of their contract. If the season is completed, I cannot see how they can justify it at all. They are still receiving the product they have paid for. I guess it depends on wording of contracts. Also the headline may be very misleading and it might simply be delaying payments effectively.

I read that the larger clubs pay more because of the merit payments depending on league position adn televised games payments. Think its the equal payments just for being there us littluns pay back. No doubt Norwich in deep plop.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:42 - Jun 3 with 1441 viewshomer_123

I don't wish job losses on anyone, so I will start there.

I'll finish by saying that I hope (it won't happen) that something fundamental changes with football so that the focus and attention shifts, dramatically, to it becoming less a business and more a sport.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:44 - Jun 3 with 1429 viewsHipsterectomy

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:32 - Jun 3 by J2BLUE

“ The most successful clubs in the Premier League will be expected to contribute most handsomely to the rebate, as part of the income is dictated by where a team finishes in the table. As it stands, Liverpool would pay back £21.5 million but rock-bottom Norwich would return £6.8 million. The Premier League estimates that the average repayment will be £14.1 million each. Crucially, the league is hoping to negotiate a repayment plan that protects cash flow and enables money to be returned over two seasons, rather than instantly.”

Looks like you’re correct

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:53 - Jun 3 with 1401 viewsfactual_blue

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:38 - Jun 3 by giant_stow

I read that the larger clubs pay more because of the merit payments depending on league position adn televised games payments. Think its the equal payments just for being there us littluns pay back. No doubt Norwich in deep plop.

A match, some accelerant and a grandstand will solve all norwich's problems.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:57 - Jun 3 with 1387 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:44 - Jun 3 by Hipsterectomy

“ The most successful clubs in the Premier League will be expected to contribute most handsomely to the rebate, as part of the income is dictated by where a team finishes in the table. As it stands, Liverpool would pay back £21.5 million but rock-bottom Norwich would return £6.8 million. The Premier League estimates that the average repayment will be £14.1 million each. Crucially, the league is hoping to negotiate a repayment plan that protects cash flow and enables money to be returned over two seasons, rather than instantly.”

Looks like you’re correct

And by repaying over 2 seasons it is effectively a reduction in future payments as much as them actually paying money already received back.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:36 - Jun 3 with 1316 viewsgiant_stow

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:53 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

A match, some accelerant and a grandstand will solve all norwich's problems.

I'm sure we can think of something more creative than that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:39 - Jun 3 with 1307 viewsfactual_blue

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:36 - Jun 3 by giant_stow

I'm sure we can think of something more creative than that.

delia's days under a street lamp in carrow road are way in the past....

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:40 - Jun 3 with 1296 viewsfooters

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:39 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

*King Street

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:41 - Jun 3 with 1290 viewsgiant_stow

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:39 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

I've just spontaneously juiced myself.

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:48 - Jun 3 with 1268 viewsfactual_blue

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:40 - Jun 3 by footers

*King Street

I bow to your detailed knowledge of these matters.

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:54 - Jun 3 with 1259 viewsfooters

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 18:48 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

I bow to your detailed knowledge of these matters.

For my sins, I actually went to high school in nodge.

One night after quite a few beverages, me and a very drunken friend (who happened to be the son of a local vicar) were walking down King Street, where he very sensibly told one of the ladies that she should change her ways and make a better life for herself. He ended up in a hedge with the rest of his beer over him.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 19:01 - Jun 3 with 1233 viewsbournemouthblue

Sky are making Prem teams pay them £330 mill on 17:38 - Jun 3 by giant_stow

Norwich haven't bothered to buy anyone so I can't imagine they are too badly off

They'll surely be in a better position than whoever gets relegated with them?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024