Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 in 5 negative tests could be wrong - Track and Trace working well then! 17:46 - Jun 3 with 715 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52906909

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

1 in 5 negative tests could be wrong - Track and Trace working well then! on 17:52 - Jun 3 with 700 viewsfactual_blue

But matt hancock, in his hand-crafted reply to me stresses
'I want to assure you that I continue to put all of my efforts as Health Secretary, and as your MP, into stopping the devastating effects of coronavirus so that we can get life back to normal as soon as possible.'

And who am I to doubt him?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

1 in 5 negative tests could be wrong - Track and Trace working well then! on 18:55 - Jun 3 with 665 viewsTrequartista

In the linked document from Bristol University, under the section "How accurate are test results" it says the false negatives were between 2% and 29% based on tests that were re-tested as positive, and that this was an underestimate of the true rate.

So why does the news article say up to 20% when the source says up to 29% and likely to be an underestimate?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

1 in 5 negative tests could be wrong - Track and Trace working well then! on 19:33 - Jun 3 with 643 viewsCBBlue

I do wonder about how accurate the home testing is. Having read Illinoisblue's experience I'm 100% certain if I had to do it myself I wouldn't shove it up high enough. How would you know how far up it goes, as soon as it felt a bit uncomfortable I'd stop...but then again just reading his post made me wince so maybe I'm just a wimp.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

1 in 5 negative tests could be wrong - Track and Trace working well then! on 19:55 - Jun 3 with 623 viewsBlueBadger

1 in 5 negative tests could be wrong - Track and Trace working well then! on 19:33 - Jun 3 by CBBlue

I do wonder about how accurate the home testing is. Having read Illinoisblue's experience I'm 100% certain if I had to do it myself I wouldn't shove it up high enough. How would you know how far up it goes, as soon as it felt a bit uncomfortable I'd stop...but then again just reading his post made me wince so maybe I'm just a wimp.

It's not hugely surprising given that men if performed correctly, the hospital was are thought to deliver 'false negatives' 20% of the time,

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024