Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No money back for League 1 STs 19:10 - Jun 3 with 2230 viewsMullet

Sunderland are setting out their stall here. With the further delays and uncertainty it seems like there is going to be some very bitter fall out around the division to me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

No money back for League 1 STs on 19:27 - Jun 3 with 2155 viewscarlisleaway

Cannot see no problem in that, as long as ME puts that money back into buying players.
We will all have our different thoughts on this, depending on our finances.
No money back for League 1 STs on 19:33 - Jun 3 with 2143 viewsArnieM

Refunds are unlikely since most of the clubs in League One will have already spent that income.

...and so the farce jogs on..........

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No money back for League 1 STs on 19:44 - Jun 3 with 2107 viewsJDB23

I think this was obviously going to be the case, will be a different matter if the season is actually ended on a PPG method I would imagine.
No money back for League 1 STs on 19:51 - Jun 3 with 2087 viewsElderGrizzly

And legally protected by Force Majeure, so was always likely unless they wanted to follow an element of goodwill
No money back for League 1 STs on 01:40 - Jun 4 with 1783 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ve got roughly $23 worth of IFollow owing to me. If they cancel the season I will be foomin

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

No money back for League 1 STs on 07:35 - Jun 4 with 1645 viewstextbackup

and the fallout will be even worse when next seasons games are behind closed doors for a huge period of time, and even tho people knew this could happen they still renewed ST's and will still moan about it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No money back for League 1 STs on 07:57 - Jun 4 with 1596 viewsMullet

No money back for League 1 STs on 01:40 - Jun 4 by Illinoisblue

I’ve got roughly $23 worth of IFollow owing to me. If they cancel the season I will be foomin

iFollow are scam artist bastards. Hardly worked for years, was never less than 10 mins delayed most weeks by full time. Then my subscription which I renewed in January, suddenly switched to “per season” so I paid full whack for commentary only for half a season.

They did a “it was in the T’s and C’s” on me, but failed to recognise I wasn’t going to look at those when I’d had it on to renew for years.

Even got an email from a manager saying that I should ignore his colleague below in the few emails prior as he’s wrong and there’d be nothing done about it. Wasn’t even bothered about the few quid it was the principle and fact they were such assholes to deal with.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

No money back for League 1 STs on 07:57 - Jun 4 with 1591 viewsblueconscience

No money back for League 1 STs on 19:27 - Jun 3 by carlisleaway

Cannot see no problem in that, as long as ME puts that money back into buying players.
We will all have our different thoughts on this, depending on our finances.

“as long as ME puts that money back into buying players”

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

No money back for League 1 STs on 09:13 - Jun 4 with 1472 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's an interesting conundrum - I'm not sure many will quibble with the loss of the season ticket money this season... they ARE after all supposed to be supporters - and interested in seeing 'their' club survive.

It does have repercussions for next season though. Who in their right mind would buy a season ticket for next season at the moment.... which will have devastating consequences, even those those clubs kept going by offshore tax avoiders.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

No money back for League 1 STs on 09:34 - Jun 4 with 1430 viewsjonbull88

No money back for League 1 STs on 07:35 - Jun 4 by textbackup

and the fallout will be even worse when next seasons games are behind closed doors for a huge period of time, and even tho people knew this could happen they still renewed ST's and will still moan about it

There won’t be a next season without fans in the ground at L1 or 2 level. Clubs have said they can’t survive playing behind closed doors, which is why so many want it stopped now. If they suddenly are willing to play there’s no doubt it’ll lead to more threats of legal action and supporters rightly wanting money back for tickets paid for the end of this season.
No money back for League 1 STs on 10:11 - Jun 4 with 1365 viewssparks

No money back for League 1 STs on 19:51 - Jun 3 by ElderGrizzly

And legally protected by Force Majeure, so was always likely unless they wanted to follow an element of goodwill

Not convinced by that one.

Force majeure, in principle (if a clause exists and is sufficiently specific (it would be construed narrowly and "contra proferentum"- i.e. against the party relying on it in the event of ambiguity)) would usually bring the contract to an end. However, in a consumer contract, a clause which provided for ending the contract in a manner which meant the business could retain funds provided by the other party in full, whilst not fulfilling its own side, would raise some fairly obvious issues in respect of unfair terms.
Consumer rights act S.62:

"(4)A term is unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations under the contract to the detriment of the consumer."

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

No money back for League 1 STs on 10:17 - Jun 4 with 1348 viewsTJS

I would imagine there would be hundreds of elderly supporters at all clubs who would not be able to stream games.
At the very least they should be offered a refund.
No money back for League 1 STs on 12:27 - Jun 4 with 1265 viewsIllinoisblue

No money back for League 1 STs on 07:57 - Jun 4 by Mullet

iFollow are scam artist bastards. Hardly worked for years, was never less than 10 mins delayed most weeks by full time. Then my subscription which I renewed in January, suddenly switched to “per season” so I paid full whack for commentary only for half a season.

They did a “it was in the T’s and C’s” on me, but failed to recognise I wasn’t going to look at those when I’d had it on to renew for years.

Even got an email from a manager saying that I should ignore his colleague below in the few emails prior as he’s wrong and there’d be nothing done about it. Wasn’t even bothered about the few quid it was the principle and fact they were such assholes to deal with.

Yeah that is shoddy service although I should note I’ve been largely impressed with their service. It’s definitely got better albeit some of the camera work at home games can make you fell you’ve dropped a tab or two. And I STILL don’t understand why they zoom in on the corner flag.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024