Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCann - "Someone knows more than they're letting on" 09:22 - Jun 4 with 15284 viewsuefacup81

Yeah, they certainly do...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

McCann - on 10:18 - Jun 4 with 5364 viewsLibero

Interesting development.
Interesting timing of interesting development.

I've not read beyond the headline yet but it'll take quite something to make me believe there's been a legitimate break through. Looking forward to digesting the "facts"
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 10:18]
McCann - on 10:30 - Jun 4 with 5328 viewsuefacup81

McCann - on 10:18 - Jun 4 by Libero

Interesting development.

I've not read beyond the headline yet but it'll take quite something to make me believe there's been a legitimate break through. Looking forward to digesting the "facts"

Indeed.

I've not read too much, but my understanding of the basis of suspicion is "German paedophile made regular visits to the Algarve".

McCann - on 10:40 - Jun 4 with 5286 viewsLibero

McCann - on 10:30 - Jun 4 by uefacup81

Indeed.

I've not read too much, but my understanding of the basis of suspicion is "German paedophile made regular visits to the Algarve".

If it is as fragile as that then it's extremely disingenuous to report it as a "breakthrough"

I'll have a proper read about it after work.
McCann - on 11:33 - Jun 4 with 5187 viewsclive_baker

Interesting development.

Interesting, certainly. Ironic timing too, given this story is a prime example of a white privilege here in the UK.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

McCann - on 11:35 - Jun 4 with 5177 viewsLibero

McCann - on 11:33 - Jun 4 by clive_baker

Interesting, certainly. Ironic timing too, given this story is a prime example of a white privilege here in the UK.

I've got my tinfoil hat on but I'd suggest it's the perfect subject and time for a very white bred distraction...
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 11:38]
McCann - on 12:01 - Jun 4 with 5067 viewsJ2BLUE

McCann - on 10:40 - Jun 4 by Libero

If it is as fragile as that then it's extremely disingenuous to report it as a "breakthrough"

I'll have a proper read about it after work.

It's not

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McCann - on 12:02 - Jun 4 with 5064 viewsuefacup81

McCann - on 11:35 - Jun 4 by Libero

I've got my tinfoil hat on but I'd suggest it's the perfect subject and time for a very white bred distraction...
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 11:38]

It's certainly kept Mr Sharma off the front pages. And weren't there some protests as well yesterday?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 12:03]

McCann - on 12:10 - Jun 4 with 5042 viewsDarth_Koont

Interesting development.

A customer of mine builds software for digital investigations of Child Sexual Abuse. Often in these cases it's about using object or face recognition in images or videos to link to other images and videos and work out more details, maybe even identify accomplices.

Based on the limited insight I have into their world, this looks very much like they're making key pictures available like the room the suspect rented, the Jag he had etc. to get them into the public domain for open source and CSA investigators worldwide to see what comes up.

They clearly think this guy is a very, very strong suspect but could well be the last throw of the dice to find anything concrete.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 12:14]

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

McCann - on 12:17 - Jun 4 with 4985 viewsSwansea_Blue

McCann - on 12:01 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

It's not

Yep. 2 minutes to find out that this 'breaking story' was already a story 13 months ago

https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-new-suspect-is-german-man-under-inve

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McCann - on 12:36 - Jun 4 with 4925 viewsDarth_Koont

McCann - on 12:17 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. 2 minutes to find out that this 'breaking story' was already a story 13 months ago

https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-new-suspect-is-german-man-under-inve

Blimey!

Well, I'm doubling down on my theory that this seems more like the last throw of the dice.

McCann - on 12:39 - Jun 4 with 4897 viewsJ2BLUE

McCann - on 12:36 - Jun 4 by Darth_Koont

Blimey!

Well, I'm doubling down on my theory that this seems more like the last throw of the dice.

Sounds like they've been building the case against this guy.

From BBC:

Jim Gamble, who served as the senior child protection officer in the UK's first police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, said it was the first time in 13 years "when I actually dare to hope".

He told the BBC News Channel the "circumstantial evidence" that had been shared by the police made the new suspect a "really significant person of interest".

He said he believed the man "came to light a number of years ago" but was only being made public now because it was a "painstaking" process which began from "a point of chaos" after the initial investigation had been "bungled".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52916137

Truly impaired.

McCann - on 12:42 - Jun 4 with 4871 viewsuefacup81

McCann - on 12:17 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

In which case, how the hell is this even front page news today?

Name me one other abducted child whose parents have been able to garner so much positive media attention for even the slightest update to the case.

McCann - on 12:47 - Jun 4 with 4842 viewsitfcjoe

McCann - on 12:42 - Jun 4 by uefacup81

Name me one other abducted child whose parents have been able to garner so much positive media attention for even the slightest update to the case.

The Government have done pretty well to time all this with the German police arranging a press conference just to get them some better headlines.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McCann - on 12:53 - Jun 4 with 4809 viewsDarth_Koont

McCann - on 12:39 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

Sounds like they've been building the case against this guy.

From BBC:

Jim Gamble, who served as the senior child protection officer in the UK's first police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, said it was the first time in 13 years "when I actually dare to hope".

He told the BBC News Channel the "circumstantial evidence" that had been shared by the police made the new suspect a "really significant person of interest".

He said he believed the man "came to light a number of years ago" but was only being made public now because it was a "painstaking" process which began from "a point of chaos" after the initial investigation had been "bungled".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52916137

Yes but is this a new new suspect? And the appeal for information/help isn't a great sign for how conclusive the breakthrough is.

But based on our source discussion earlier, the more I read the BBC story the more confused it is and the less I know. So I should probably follow my own advice and leave the theories until there's something clearer and more concrete to go on

McCann - on 12:53 - Jun 4 with 4802 viewsEireannach_gorm

If I were a cynical person, I would also point out the budgetary aspect mentioned in the article.
McCann - on 12:55 - Jun 4 with 4778 viewsDanTheMan

McCann - on 12:10 - Jun 4 by Darth_Koont

A customer of mine builds software for digital investigations of Child Sexual Abuse. Often in these cases it's about using object or face recognition in images or videos to link to other images and videos and work out more details, maybe even identify accomplices.

Based on the limited insight I have into their world, this looks very much like they're making key pictures available like the room the suspect rented, the Jag he had etc. to get them into the public domain for open source and CSA investigators worldwide to see what comes up.

They clearly think this guy is a very, very strong suspect but could well be the last throw of the dice to find anything concrete.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 12:14]

https://www.reddit.com/r/TraceAnObject/

Sounds like what you're talking about.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

McCann - "Someone knows more than they're letting on" on 12:58 - Jun 4 with 4764 viewsThe_Major

Also, don't forget, that this was a media where, two weeks ago, they were extolling the virtues of being a good parent.

Although, to be fair, compared to these two, Cummings IS a good parent....
McCann - on 12:59 - Jun 4 with 4749 viewsLibero

McCann - on 12:01 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

It's not

It's not?

It's not fragile?
It's not being described as a break through?
It's not actually happening and this is all a weird dream?
McCann - on 13:00 - Jun 4 with 4748 viewsuefacup81

McCann - on 12:53 - Jun 4 by Eireannach_gorm

If I were a cynical person, I would also point out the budgetary aspect mentioned in the article.

I suppose the fact that the most recent Government funding ran out back in March has absolutely no bearing on the announcement either.

McCann - on 13:02 - Jun 4 with 4728 viewsLankHenners

A large part of it is the British public's bizarre obsession to treat this case like it's an episode of a TV show.

Whatever you think of the parent's behaviour then and since, the whole family has been grieving for a presumably dead child for over a decade with no closure. Despite this, people are determined to gawp at the situation, making and spreading their own theories as if trying to work out the conclusion of a murder mystery. Not to say things like this aren't interesting, but the macabre hysteria around the whole thing is freakish.

If this really is a deliberate act of deflection by the government, then to be honest fair play for exploiting the stupidity of the public to let them get away with it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

McCann - on 13:03 - Jun 4 with 4721 viewsJ2BLUE

McCann - on 12:59 - Jun 4 by Libero

It's not?

It's not fragile?
It's not being described as a break through?
It's not actually happening and this is all a weird dream?

You can ignore me. I got a Sky news alert earlier on my phone which said this was the biggest breakthrough so far but just seen it was from a family spokesperson and not the police like I thought.

Truly impaired.

McCann - on 13:08 - Jun 4 with 4676 viewsPhilTWTD

McCann - on 13:03 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

You can ignore me. I got a Sky news alert earlier on my phone which said this was the biggest breakthrough so far but just seen it was from a family spokesperson and not the police like I thought.

German police are saying they're close to having enough evidence to charge the suspect so is a significant development.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-have-enough-221350
McCann - on 13:10 - Jun 4 with 4658 viewsJ2BLUE

McCann - on 13:08 - Jun 4 by PhilTWTD

German police are saying they're close to having enough evidence to charge the suspect so is a significant development.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-have-enough-221350

I hadn't seen that. Big development then. Cheers.

Truly impaired.

McCann - on 13:11 - Jun 4 with 4654 viewsLibero

McCann - on 13:03 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

Ah, yes, Clarence Mitchell.

It's completely normal for a family of a missing child to employ a former governmental PR spin doctor, honestly. You can't say it isn't, because it is.
McCann - on 13:15 - Jun 4 with 4624 viewsuefacup81

McCann - on 13:11 - Jun 4 by Libero

Ah, yes, Clarence Mitchell.

It's completely normal for a family of a missing child to employ a former governmental PR spin doctor, honestly. You can't say it isn't, because it is.

And I dare say they'll sue you if you suggest otherwise?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024