Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club 09:36 - Jun 4 with 1895 viewsgtsb1966

When furlough ends, games are played behind closed doors and with no season ticket revenue does anyone fear we won't have a club for much longer. The Marcus Evans brand must be taking a huge hit too and lets be honest it's his money that keeps us afloat. Could we be one of the many clubs that will cease to exist in the near future if this carries on.
Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 09:47 - Jun 4 with 1840 viewsLibero

Maybe? - Championship clubs are those most at immediate risk and we're not long out of the Championship.
Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 09:58 - Jun 4 with 1787 viewsjamesitfc

We actually currently have a lot of season ticket holders continuing payments. This will be a lot better than a lot of clubs, especially in L1

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-season-ticket-renewals-2020-21-1-66404

It'll be a tough time all round but i'm guessing ITFC will try and heavily push TV games to keep people interested and keep some revenue rolling in.
Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 10:03 - Jun 4 with 1766 viewsWeWereZombies

It is in circumstances like this that the council owning the ground (but not the buildings upon it) seem like a benefit that many other clubs do not have. Should the Marcus Evans or The Hospitality Group funding evaporate there should still be somewhere to play games and a mechanism for the stadium to be opened up for those games.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 10:06 - Jun 4 with 1735 viewsElephantintheRoom

In a word yes.

As yet it is unclear what the future is for football or ticket touting, corporate freeloading and hot air conferencing. In many ways the brick wall facing ITFC is small beer compared to some of his other 'offshore income streams'.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 10:22 - Jun 4 with 1670 viewsTJS

The only option would be a salary cap for ALL clubs in each division regardless of whether they have just been relegated or not. Anything else will ruin the competitiveness of the league.
Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 10:43 - Jun 4 with 1606 viewsghostofescobar

Aren't we potentially in a stronger position than many? I say "potentially", as it possibly relies on ME putting even more money in, but my point is that we do at least have a wealthy owner if it gets to that kind of critical point. Many clubs don't.

GhostOfEscobar

Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 10:53 - Jun 4 with 1559 viewsbluefunk

This seems overly pessimistic to me. To take a more optimistic view, if a salary cap is brought in at, say £3m, that would be somewhere in the region of £4.5m less than the current level (I think that was the figure but I stand to be corrected)

In that event it makes it much easier for an owner to support the club, whether that’s Marcus or Mike Ashley😉

While this is a difficult time ITFCs supporter base provides some comfort that the club is sustainable, unlike, say, Accrington in League 1 terms or any club in any division which is reliant on TV income,(Ie lower PL clubs) or getting promoted (Championship)
Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 11:06 - Jun 4 with 1496 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do you mean by "with no season ticket revenue"?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 11:30 - Jun 4 with 1441 viewsclive_baker

I think we'll probably hold up OK given we've got a fairly big supporter base relative to a lot of the nobody clubs in L1, and an owner with deep pockets.

If viewing football online in a iFollow type format becomes the norm, I would've thought we would be in the top 3 revenue generators in the division. Obviously the cost bases across football would all have to adjust accordingly, namely player wages, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 11:49 - Jun 4 with 1368 viewsMullet

Could Ipswich Town FC cease to be a football club on 11:30 - Jun 4 by clive_baker

I think we'll probably hold up OK given we've got a fairly big supporter base relative to a lot of the nobody clubs in L1, and an owner with deep pockets.

If viewing football online in a iFollow type format becomes the norm, I would've thought we would be in the top 3 revenue generators in the division. Obviously the cost bases across football would all have to adjust accordingly, namely player wages, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'd say we are nearer the back of the queue than the front having observed Bury closely up here.

We also have a large overseas fanbase compared to clubs in the Champ I'd say, so you're right the iFollow thing would be a weird boon for us. Wasn't there a Tuesday night where we had a bigger share than the rest of the league combined?

Part of me also thinks Lee O'Neil constantly talking up how amazing this new kit is, is a nod to reality that shirt sales and spending at the shop is somewhere they hope to make more financial distance on our competitors too. But I am a cynic.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024