Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covidence National UK study -People desperatley needed to join this study 13:38 - Jun 4 with 824 viewsArnieM

This is a National UK Study which is now underway, and the Scientists are looking for 12k participants ( they currently have just over 6k). They desperately need more people to join the study. All you have to do is complete a questionnaire.(which is anonymous) ...and is repeated once a month.....for 5 years. You are free to leave the study at any time.

The first questionnaire takes about 1/2 hour to do , but Ive just done the first month repeat questionnaire and it took probably about 5 mins. Its very simple to do and is not intrusive.

This is a longitudinal study about Covid (naturally), They are trying to find out why some people get it , some don't , whether it relates to a whole host other variables in our lives.

The Research NEEDS more people to enable the study findings to have clinical power and significance and applicability towards finding ways to beat this Virus (currently no cure for).

Personally I feel it is critical that people join this , as its the only way researchers are going to find out what makes this virus "tick" and hopefully ways to minimise or eradicate its effects on the World's population.

If you are interested in taking part , see this website.

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/covidence/

Ps I hope this alright Phil / Gav ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Covidence National UK study -People desperatley needed to join this study on 15:10 - Jun 4 with 721 viewsfactual_blue

I've done it.

Although I'm not to keen on the 'thank you' e-mail which starts 'Dear Participant'.

Could you have a word?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Covidence National UK study -People desperatley needed to join this study on 09:09 - Jun 5 with 621 viewsArnieM

Covidence National UK study -People desperatley needed to join this study on 15:10 - Jun 4 by factual_blue

I've done it.

Although I'm not to keen on the 'thank you' e-mail which starts 'Dear Participant'.

Could you have a word?

Lol, yer I noticed that and exactly the same thought came to my mind too, but I’d already completed the questionnaire.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Covidence National UK study -People desperatley needed to join this study on 09:42 - Jun 5 with 611 viewsamartineau

Covidence National UK study -People desperatley needed to join this study on 15:10 - Jun 4 by factual_blue

I've done it.

Could you have a word?

Hello,

My name is Adrian Martineau, I'm the Professor running the COVIDENCE UK study. Thank you for taking part and for completing the monthly questionnaire!

Regarding the thank you email: we could have done a personal emails but this would have necessitated linking identifiable data (name) with clinical data, so a breach of our promise to keep the two separate. Please advise re alternative wording for the thank you email that would be better.

I am hugely appreciative of the time that people are giving to the study and want to be as responsive as possible. You can contact me on a.martineau@qmul.ac.uk.

Best wishes

Adrian
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024