Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal 14:22 - Jun 4 with 4267 viewsGlasgowBlue

Make your choice.

1. David Bowie
2. Marvin Gaye

The first two were easy. I’m struggling between Prince and John Lennon.

Ok. 3. John Lennon
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 14:23]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:33 - Jun 4 with 3155 viewsKeno

1, Freddie Mercury
2, Karen Carpenter
3, Sam Cooke

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:34 - Jun 4 with 3159 viewsDubtractor

I'll be controversial and say no one.

Lots of great dead artists, but no guarantee that they would create new music to the same standard/vibrancy, and I'd rather enjoy the old stuff by them and new stuff by newer artists!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:42 - Jun 4 with 3138 viewsBlueBadger

Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, Kirsty McColl.

Honourable mentions:

Lal Waterson, Phil Lynott, Kurt Cobain, Richey Edwards, Freddie Mercury, Amy Winehouse, ODB.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 14:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:44 - Jun 4 with 3129 viewshoppy

Of the two you're considering for 3. I would say Prince personally - for the diversity of his music.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:49 - Jun 4 with 3114 viewsBlueBadger

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:34 - Jun 4 by Dubtractor

Lots of great dead artists, but no guarantee that they would create new music to the same standard/vibrancy, and I'd rather enjoy the old stuff by them and new stuff by newer artists!

My 3 were pretty much at the top of their game when they went with more to offer, hence why I went for them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:08 - Jun 4 with 3063 viewsGlasgowBlue

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:44 - Jun 4 by hoppy

Of the two you're considering for 3. I would say Prince personally - for the diversity of his music.

I went Lennon because a Prince left behind a massive body of work in his catalogue whereas Lennon went into retirement 5 years after the Beatles split and was shot when he came out of retirement.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 15:09]

Iron Lion Zion

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:12 - Jun 4 with 3056 viewscressi

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:49 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

My 3 were pretty much at the top of their game when they went with more to offer, hence why I went for them.

1, F Mercury
2, R Orbison
3, J Cash
You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:12 - Jun 4 with 3054 viewsMeadowlark

Rory Gallagher
Sandy Denny
John Lennon
Login to get fewer ads

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:19 - Jun 4 with 3035 viewsBlueBadger

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:12 - Jun 4 by Meadowlark

Rory Gallagher
Sandy Denny
John Lennon

Uppie for the divine Sandy.

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:34 - Jun 4 with 3017 viewsurbanblue

1. Serge Gainsbourg
2. Harry Nilsson
3. David Bowie

I thought about putting Lennon at number 3, but he and Nilsson were continually on the p1ss together. Along with Serge they'd probably all be permanently drunk! So it's Bowie to keep things organised and nurture the genius in the other two.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 15:43]
You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:37 - Jun 4 with 3009 viewssyntaxerror

Can I say Mozart?
Very interested to see what he would do with modern instruments...

and then Jimi and Kurt
You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:41 - Jun 4 with 3004 viewsRadlett_blue

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 14:34 - Jun 4 by Dubtractor

Indeed. Hardly any artists have a period of good creativity which lasts for more than 10 years.
Would have been interesting to see how Buddy Holly's music might have developed.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:43 - Jun 4 with 2998 viewsFtnfwest

Buddy Holly, Ian Curtis, Hendrix
You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:58 - Jun 4 with 2958 viewsWeWereZombies

Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Buckley (take Dubtractor's point but we have just that one immaculate album from Jeff and a handful of uncompleted recordings and outakes)
Buddy Holly

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:00 - Jun 4 with 2954 viewsBlueBadger

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:41 - Jun 4 by Radlett_blue

Indeed. Hardly any artists have a period of good creativity which lasts for more than 10 years.
Would have been interesting to see how Buddy Holly's music might have developed.

Oh yeah. The rare few like Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and Tom Waits, for example, who've been pretty solid through their careers really stand out. Even then though, these ones often spend long periods dormant. Waits hasn't made a new studio album in nearly ten years.

And cave was a bit sub-par in the stuff he recorded immediately before Grinderman, 'Nocturama' in particular has not aged well.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 16:06]

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:02 - Jun 4 with 2947 viewsuefacup81

I'd say Freddie Mercury, but on the proviso that the five albums are with Queen rather than solo efforts.

Mr Bad Guy flopped so badly that CBS released Freddie from the rest of his multi-album deal with them.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:05 - Jun 4 with 2938 viewsBlueBadger

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:02 - Jun 4 by uefacup81

I'd say Freddie Mercury, but on the proviso that the five albums are with Queen rather than solo efforts.

Mr Bad Guy flopped so badly that CBS released Freddie from the rest of his multi-album deal with them.

I dunno 'Made in Heaven' was pretty poor, although that said, 'Innuendo' is as good as anything from their late 70's peak.

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:14 - Jun 4 with 2921 viewstractordownsouth

Lennon, Winehouse and Mercury

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:30 - Jun 4 with 2905 viewspositivity

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 15:58 - Jun 4 by WeWereZombies

Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Buckley (take Dubtractor's point but we have just that one immaculate album from Jeff and a handful of uncompleted recordings and outakes)
Buddy Holly

definitely jeff buckley, so much potential
kurt cobain would be interesting, to see where he went with a bit of mellowing
adam yauch

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:33 - Jun 4 with 2894 viewsGlasgowBlue

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:00 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

Oh yeah. The rare few like Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and Tom Waits, for example, who've been pretty solid through their careers really stand out. Even then though, these ones often spend long periods dormant. Waits hasn't made a new studio album in nearly ten years.

And cave was a bit sub-par in the stuff he recorded immediately before Grinderman, 'Nocturama' in particular has not aged well.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 16:06]

Speaking of a consistent run of albums and then nothing, I give you Billy Joel.

Other than a classical album in 2001, nothing since 1993's River of Dreams.

Although obviously he's not dead and doesn't fit in this thread.

Iron Lion Zion

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:35 - Jun 4 with 2884 viewsSwansea_Blue

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:33 - Jun 4 by GlasgowBlue

Speaking of a consistent run of albums and then nothing, I give you Billy Joel.

Other than a classical album in 2001, nothing since 1993's River of Dreams.

Although obviously he's not dead and doesn't fit in this thread.

Many people have a little bit of success and do nothing. Like me. Or Paul Lambert.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 17:14 - Jun 4 with 2844 viewsuefacup81

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:05 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

I dunno 'Made in Heaven' was pretty poor, although that said, 'Innuendo' is as good as anything from their late 70's peak.

I'd give Made in Heaven a free hit owing to the circumstances - a mixture of hurried original pieces, and re-done versions of fragments, solo tracks, and stuff not deemed good enough for previous albums.

If you discount Hot Space (and even that still had something going for it) the majority of their studio work under 'normal circumstances' was pretty darned solid.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 17:24 - Jun 4 with 2835 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bon Scott with AC/DC
Scott Weiland with the Stone Temple Pilots
Struggling for a third, but possibly John Bonham with Led Zep

Obviously they'd need their band members to be transported back in time too!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 17:27 - Jun 4 with 2829 viewsGlasgowBlue

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 16:05 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

I liked Made In Heaven. It beefed up a few of the insipid tracks from Mr Bad Guy. Stands up alongside The Miracle but obviously pales against Innuendo.

Iron Lion Zion

You can bring back 3 dead Rock Stars on a 5 album deal on 17:35 - Jun 4 with 2825 viewsMullet

Chris Cornell

Jeff Buckley

Jimi Hendrix

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024