Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June 17:15 - Jun 4 with 3586 viewsgordon

Wonder how many lives would have been saved by introducing this measure at the start of the epidemic?
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:21 - Jun 4 with 2608 viewsfactual_blue

None that matter.

Only dominic cummings's life matters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:23 - Jun 4 with 2599 viewsgordon

'Shapps says face coverings will be available at stations for people who have forgotten. And volunteers will be there to remind people.'
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:25 - Jun 4 with 2584 viewsSwansea_Blue

True, but it was also pretty hard to get masks at the start.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:31 - Jun 4 with 2566 viewsSpruceMoose

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:25 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

We've had to wear them over here for a few months now. They're pretty easy to make yourself, there are patterns on line, or you can just use a bandanna type set up. Feels strange going into a bank mind you...

Anyone who has breathing difficulties, or the elderly, might struggle walking around in one once the summer heat and humidity really gets going though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:37 - Jun 4 with 2545 viewsjeera

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:31 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

We've had to wear them over here for a few months now. They're pretty easy to make yourself, there are patterns on line, or you can just use a bandanna type set up. Feels strange going into a bank mind you...

Anyone who has breathing difficulties, or the elderly, might struggle walking around in one once the summer heat and humidity really gets going though.

My only question on that is, are filters easily made too, or are they more specific and need to be certified as such?

I see them on Amazon and all the rest of it, but are they a standard thing?

My niece is a bit of a whiz with the textile stuff and has been knocking up some excellent masks with pockets for filters but I haven't really spoken to her about those, but I do know she doesn't make them.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 17:45]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:38 - Jun 4 with 2543 viewsMattinLondon

What’s the point in making them mandatory from 15 June? Surly you either need them now or you don’t.

I could well be being a bit thick but I don’t understand why that date and not now.
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:39 - Jun 4 with 2536 viewsGeoffSentence

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:25 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

Doesnt have to be a mask, any face covering will do, scarf, balaclava, burqa.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:40 - Jun 4 with 2530 viewsSpruceMoose

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:37 - Jun 4 by jeera

My only question on that is, are filters easily made too, or are they more specific and need to be certified as such?

I see them on Amazon and all the rest of it, but are they a standard thing?

My niece is a bit of a whiz with the textile stuff and has been knocking up some excellent masks with pockets for filters but I haven't really spoken to her about those, but I do know she doesn't make them.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 17:45]

Most of the masks people are using here won't have filters, they're just home made jobbies. To be honest, I don't think they protect you all that much, I'm just treating it as a way to signal that you are concerned with protecting the health of others and that you are taking all the right precautions.

Sounds like you need to hit your niece up with a big order than flog them on here $15.99 a pop!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:41 - Jun 4 with 2523 viewsSpruceMoose

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:39 - Jun 4 by GeoffSentence

Doesnt have to be a mask, any face covering will do, scarf, balaclava, burqa.

Don't wear that last one in Gt Bentley though. You'll terrify the locals.

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:49 - Jun 4 with 2488 viewsTendring_Blue

No to face masks! I don't care about this man made crisis anymore!
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:51 - Jun 4 with 2485 viewsjeera

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:40 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

Most of the masks people are using here won't have filters, they're just home made jobbies. To be honest, I don't think they protect you all that much, I'm just treating it as a way to signal that you are concerned with protecting the health of others and that you are taking all the right precautions.

Sounds like you need to hit your niece up with a big order than flog them on here $15.99 a pop!

They're really good.

She made some that were office types, with neat stitching, that wouldn't look out of place with a suit.

Others for children with tiny unicorns and things around the edges.

Some mum and child matching sets etc...

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:54 - Jun 4 with 2486 viewssparks

Bizarre. Even a week ago it wasnt considered necessary. A month ago, transport was packed at times and it wasnt even recommended.

Having relaxed everything for several weeks, they now introduce another measure. No logic to it at all.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:56 - Jun 4 with 2472 viewsjeera

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:38 - Jun 4 by MattinLondon

What’s the point in making them mandatory from 15 June? Surly you either need them now or you don’t.

I could well be being a bit thick but I don’t understand why that date and not now.

It's a special day.

And sounds really important.

I doubt there's any reasoning tbh.

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:58 - Jun 4 with 2466 viewsBarcaBlue

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:40 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

It's a good point, with lockdown easing it's also a way of reinforcing that things aren't back to normal and distancing needs to be maintained. I was walking around a local town yesterday and there were quite a few people about, if it weren't for the majority wearing masks it was like a regular day in town.

I think it also reassures the elderly and vulnerable, wearing masks might not help that much but it's always good to make the old folk less nervy.
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:59 - Jun 4 with 2462 viewsfooters

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:56 - Jun 4 by jeera

It's a special day.

And sounds really important.

I doubt there's any reasoning tbh.

Think it is in terms of high street retail being fully open again on that day (with obvious restrictions). They're trying to package it all up into one date so people can remember. But tbh these were the same people who struggled with 'Stay at home' as a message.

Horse. Door. Stable. Bolted.

I've seen countless people cramming onto tubes and buses for the last god knows how long. I don't doubt the measure is a good idea but surely too little, too late?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:01 - Jun 4 with 2455 viewseireblue

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:38 - Jun 4 by MattinLondon

I would assume it is because they want more people to travel and will keep easing restrictions.

So this will be a measure to allow them to continue that, and somewhat limit infections.

Flatten the second wave, whilst getting the economy started.

Or I should probably say, getting the economy started, and hoping not too many people die too quickly.
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:04 - Jun 4 with 2443 viewsjeera

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:59 - Jun 4 by footers

Think it is in terms of high street retail being fully open again on that day (with obvious restrictions). They're trying to package it all up into one date so people can remember. But tbh these were the same people who struggled with 'Stay at home' as a message.

Horse. Door. Stable. Bolted.

I've seen countless people cramming onto tubes and buses for the last god knows how long. I don't doubt the measure is a good idea but surely too little, too late?

Practical measures like cleaning, wiping, disinfecting, constantly in busy public places.

That's how it has to be done.

Mind you, that should be done anyway and it's amazing the poor standards we're prepared to put up with.

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:09 - Jun 4 with 2403 viewsSpruceMoose

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:58 - Jun 4 by BarcaBlue

It's a good point, with lockdown easing it's also a way of reinforcing that things aren't back to normal and distancing needs to be maintained. I was walking around a local town yesterday and there were quite a few people about, if it weren't for the majority wearing masks it was like a regular day in town.

I think it also reassures the elderly and vulnerable, wearing masks might not help that much but it's always good to make the old folk less nervy.

The way I see it, if you're wearing a mask, you're probably also of the mindset that you're washing your hands and you're giving other people space in public.

To be honest they're so common place here now that if I see someone without a mask I'll instantly assume that they're either some kind of Republican chud making a knuckle headed political statement, or a selfish tw@t.

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:11 - Jun 4 with 2395 viewsSpruceMoose

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:04 - Jun 4 by jeera

Practical measures like cleaning, wiping, disinfecting, constantly in busy public places.

That's how it has to be done.

Mind you, that should be done anyway and it's amazing the poor standards we're prepared to put up with.

Many Brits make me think that there's nothing wrong with the UK that an asteroid strike or a country sized sinkhole wouldn't cure.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 18:11]

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:13 - Jun 4 with 2381 viewsFtnfwest

Shops open, more people travelling
Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:16 - Jun 4 with 2368 viewsBlueBadger

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:49 - Jun 4 by Tendring_Blue

No to face masks! I don't care about this man made crisis anymore!

Give over you massive fanny. Come back and whine when you've spent 12 hours in an FFP3 that leaves actual pressures sores if you've been wearing one all day.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 18:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:18 - Jun 4 with 2356 viewsSpruceMoose

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:16 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

Give over you massive fanny. Come back and whine when you've spent 12 hours in an FFP3 that leaves actual pressures sores if you've been wearing one all day.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 18:21]

I assumed he was being sarcastic!

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:24 - Jun 4 with 2340 viewsBlueBadger

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 17:54 - Jun 4 by sparks

Bizarre. Even a week ago it wasnt considered necessary. A month ago, transport was packed at times and it wasnt even recommended.

Having relaxed everything for several weeks, they now introduce another measure. No logic to it at all.

It's almost like they're utterly incompetent and planning everything on the back of a fag packet.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:39 - Jun 4 with 2304 viewsBlueBadger

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:18 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

I assumed he was being sarcastic!

I'll be honest, it's sometimes difficult to tell on here.

Face coverings mandatory on public transport from the 15th June on 18:41 - Jun 4 with 2294 viewsShawsey

Far to little far to late.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024