Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Killing Jeremy Corbyn 14:04 - Jun 5 with 2957 viewsDarth_Koont

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/killing-jeremy-corbyn

Oborne is in the cult, obvs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 14:10 - Jun 5 with 2316 viewsSwansea_Blue

"He banished austerity". Eh, sorry? That's confused me -do his supporters really think he banished austerity? The link is to an article about the manifesto, which couldn't be implemented.

Not a pop, I just don't understand where that's coming from.

Edit - good piece. The bit above grated, but it obviously marginal to the main message. I agree with a lot of it.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:18]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 14:18 - Jun 5 with 2283 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 14:10 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

"He banished austerity". Eh, sorry? That's confused me -do his supporters really think he banished austerity? The link is to an article about the manifesto, which couldn't be implemented.

Not a pop, I just don't understand where that's coming from.

Edit - good piece. The bit above grated, but it obviously marginal to the main message. I agree with a lot of it.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:18]

Yes, that's a bit strong as read. I suspect the meaning is in a Labour context, Corbyn underlined that austerity wasn't part of Labour policy any more. But if the authors mean in the wider sense, not sure they can necessarily argue that fighting Tory austerity paved the way for the resulting response to coronavirus.

"Made anti-austerity central to the political debate" is safer and more realistic on that score.

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:46 - Jun 5 with 2164 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:52 - Jun 5 with 2158 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:46 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

Despite his ideological opposition, Oborne's integrity and interest in objective facts got him there in the end.

You should take a leaf.

As they write: "We don’t hold a candle for Corbyn.

Neither of us are Labour Party members, and indeed one of us has worked as a political correspondent and commentator for The Spectator, The Daily Telegraph and The Daily Mail, three stalwarts of Tory opinion-making. Both of us care greatly about accurate, truthful journalism. Both of us, as British citizens, cherish the tradition of fair play and decency.

That is why we believe everyone should be concerned about the picture painted of Corbyn by the British media for the four years he was leader."

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:24 - Jun 5 with 2120 viewsGlasgowBlue

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:52 - Jun 5 by Darth_Koont

Despite his ideological opposition, Oborne's integrity and interest in objective facts got him there in the end.

You should take a leaf.

As they write: "We don’t hold a candle for Corbyn.

Neither of us are Labour Party members, and indeed one of us has worked as a political correspondent and commentator for The Spectator, The Daily Telegraph and The Daily Mail, three stalwarts of Tory opinion-making. Both of us care greatly about accurate, truthful journalism. Both of us, as British citizens, cherish the tradition of fair play and decency.

That is why we believe everyone should be concerned about the picture painted of Corbyn by the British media for the four years he was leader."

So when he wrote that "The Labour Party of Jeremy Corbyn is a party of Momentum, anti-Semites and Marxists" was he caring "greatly about accurate, truthful journalism"?

Iron Lion Zion

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:31 - Jun 5 with 2116 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:24 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

So when he wrote that "The Labour Party of Jeremy Corbyn is a party of Momentum, anti-Semites and Marxists" was he caring "greatly about accurate, truthful journalism"?

That's how it was characterised by many at the time and even now. I made that wrong at the time but Oborne has got there in the end. Ultimately that's the important thing when you have all the evidence in front of you.

Bit like you with Brexit, the Conservative Party, Mandela, Irish Republicanism ... probably lots of things you've now realised the truth about.

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:36 - Jun 5 with 2092 viewsSwansea_Blue

When the blinkers fall off, it seems they do so pretty quickly. And that may be the case here. I can understand why people might point out some hypocrisy when they're talking about honest reporting though. But even Darth Vader turned out decent in the end (I'm not sure that's the best analogy!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 10:16 - Jun 6 with 1972 viewsGlasgowBlue

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:31 - Jun 5 by Darth_Koont

That's how it was characterised by many at the time and even now. I made that wrong at the time but Oborne has got there in the end. Ultimately that's the important thing when you have all the evidence in front of you.

Bit like you with Brexit, the Conservative Party, Mandela, Irish Republicanism ... probably lots of things you've now realised the truth about.

Meanwhile in the real world, the Starmer clear out of scum racists continues at a decent pace.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 10:31 - Jun 6 with 1939 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 10:16 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Meanwhile in the real world, the Starmer clear out of scum racists continues at a decent pace.

The real world is isolated members making antisemitic or at least highly questionable statements/tweets etc. No-one at any stage has ever contested that there aren't antisemites, just as in all parties.

As you know, these members were also identified and suspended/expelled under Corbyn.

Stick to the point in the OP. The hysteria in the anti-Corbyn campaign even meant that 25 Jewish members were formally investigated for antisemitism. 25!!

Killing Jeremy Corbyn (n/t) on 11:05 - Jun 6 with 1908 viewstractordownsouth

[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 17:21]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 13:43 - Jun 6 with 1836 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn (n/t) on 11:05 - Jun 6 by tractordownsouth

That conflation is unfortunately at the heart of the narrative.

But that conflation is even in your second paragraph where it's assumed that Corbyn attracted antisemites to the party. There's no evidence that there were more antisemites proportionally than before, indeed research showed that antisemitic views were on the decline under Corbyn.

What did happen was that the presence of Corbyn suddenly made certain actors care about antisemitism in the Labour Party, especially when they could attach it to the new, hardcore Zionists' position that criticism of Israel/support for Palestinians was antisemitic.

The criticism of Israel after Gaza in 2014 and the pro-Palestinian Corbyn's election in 2015 created a new zeal that had never existed before. Jumped on by shameless party political and media bandwagoners. It's disgusting to see our democracy and legitimate criticism subverted in such a transparent and partisan way.

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:07 - Jun 6 with 1775 viewsGlasgowBlue

Killing Jeremy Corbyn (n/t) on 11:05 - Jun 6 by tractordownsouth

Apart from his defence of the blood libeller Salah and the 9/11 Truther Sizer, his friendship and with the Holocaust denier Eisen (whom he continued to support long after he outed himself as such), laying a wreath for Jew murdering Black September terrorists, indulging in conspiracies that saw 'the hand of Israel' in jihadi terrorism, his xenophobic 'British irony' remarks, support for an antisemitic mural, etc etc etc Jeremy Corbyn doesn't have an antisemitic bone in his body.

Iron Lion Zion

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:26 - Jun 6 with 1754 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:07 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Apart from his defence of the blood libeller Salah and the 9/11 Truther Sizer, his friendship and with the Holocaust denier Eisen (whom he continued to support long after he outed himself as such), laying a wreath for Jew murdering Black September terrorists, indulging in conspiracies that saw 'the hand of Israel' in jihadi terrorism, his xenophobic 'British irony' remarks, support for an antisemitic mural, etc etc etc Jeremy Corbyn doesn't have an antisemitic bone in his body.

So you do think he's an antisemite. Make up your mind.

I suppose I am too because I'm also pro-Palestinian, critical of Israel's actions and haven't attached a permanent disclaimer that I don't agree with the antisemitism that some on this side of the fight also have.

But then I could make the same accusation of you being an islamophobe based on those you support, vote for or retweet. Can you see how crazy that gets?

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:51 - Jun 6 with 1724 viewsGlasgowBlue

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:26 - Jun 6 by Darth_Koont

So you do think he's an antisemite. Make up your mind.

I suppose I am too because I'm also pro-Palestinian, critical of Israel's actions and haven't attached a permanent disclaimer that I don't agree with the antisemitism that some on this side of the fight also have.

But then I could make the same accusation of you being an islamophobe based on those you support, vote for or retweet. Can you see how crazy that gets?

Well I can't speak for you mate but I've never defended Islamophobes such as Katie Hopkins or Yaxley-Lennon, laid a wreath for Muslim murdering terrorists , indulged in Islamophobic conspiracies, made xenophobic 'British irony' remarks about British Muslims, supported an Islamophobic mural or invited EDL or Britain First scumbags to tea on the terrace of the House of Commons, so attempting to compare my behaviour to that of Jeremy Corbyn is rather silly.

Iron Lion Zion

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:57 - Jun 6 with 1711 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:51 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Well I can't speak for you mate but I've never defended Islamophobes such as Katie Hopkins or Yaxley-Lennon, laid a wreath for Muslim murdering terrorists , indulged in Islamophobic conspiracies, made xenophobic 'British irony' remarks about British Muslims, supported an Islamophobic mural or invited EDL or Britain First scumbags to tea on the terrace of the House of Commons, so attempting to compare my behaviour to that of Jeremy Corbyn is rather silly.

You're an apologist for the pro-Israeli camp that thinks oppression of another race isn't just acceptable but should be increased, you vote for the Conservatives and retweet stuff by renowned Islamophobe Trevor Phillips and self-hating Muslim Maajid Nawaz.

Sorry.

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:03 - Jun 6 with 1684 viewsGlasgowBlue

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:57 - Jun 6 by Darth_Koont

You're an apologist for the pro-Israeli camp that thinks oppression of another race isn't just acceptable but should be increased, you vote for the Conservatives and retweet stuff by renowned Islamophobe Trevor Phillips and self-hating Muslim Maajid Nawaz.

Sorry.

I’m a vocal critic of the Netanyahu government and the racist nation state law and I’ve never accused people of being antisemitic by voting labour so again you are just being silly.

Your remark about Maajid is going deep into dark thinking so I’ll leave to to your rantings but you may want to think about what you actually just typed. Disgusting stuff.

Iron Lion Zion

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:09 - Jun 6 with 1670 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:03 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

I’m a vocal critic of the Netanyahu government and the racist nation state law and I’ve never accused people of being antisemitic by voting labour so again you are just being silly.

Your remark about Maajid is going deep into dark thinking so I’ll leave to to your rantings but you may want to think about what you actually just typed. Disgusting stuff.

I'm just ascribing views to you through who you knock about with. I thought that was allowed?

By the way, saying what you personally believe or don't believe in doesn't let you off the hook in this game. I mean Corbyn says he abhors antisemitism and indeed terrorist violence but his associations make that null and void, or so you've been telling me.

It's a tricky game but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:25 - Jun 6 with 1640 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Classic G B in this thread...when the going gets tough, point somewhere else.

Edit...any thoughts on the fake antifa news thread while you are at it...only because the issue seemed close to your heart.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 16:28]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:48 - Jun 6 with 1603 viewsgiant_stow

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:09 - Jun 6 by Darth_Koont

I'm just ascribing views to you through who you knock about with. I thought that was allowed?

By the way, saying what you personally believe or don't believe in doesn't let you off the hook in this game. I mean Corbyn says he abhors antisemitism and indeed terrorist violence but his associations make that null and void, or so you've been telling me.

It's a tricky game but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Very respectfully and gently darth, i think your attempt to turn the tables to make your proved gb's point very well.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:56 - Jun 6 with 1584 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:48 - Jun 6 by giant_stow

Very respectfully and gently darth, i think your attempt to turn the tables to make your proved gb's point very well.

As always ullaa, I think you're not getting my point. I'm fully aware of how stupid these smeary, guilt-by-accusation and guilt-by-association attacks are.

I should have been using them all the time

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:15 - Jun 6 with 1539 viewsGlasgowBlue

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 16:25 - Jun 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Classic G B in this thread...when the going gets tough, point somewhere else.

Edit...any thoughts on the fake antifa news thread while you are at it...only because the issue seemed close to your heart.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 16:28]

Fantastic hypocrisy Banksy. You come on this thread accusing me of pointing somewhere else (I didn't. The thread was about an article on Corbyn and antisemitism by Peter Oborne. I linked previous comments from Mr Oborne and examples of Mr Corbyn's antisemitism, so both related to this thread) and you then proceed to edit the thread and point somewhere else (in this instance AntiFa).

That lack of self awareness can't be easy to consistently display mate.

Iron Lion Zion

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:19 - Jun 6 with 1528 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:15 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Fantastic hypocrisy Banksy. You come on this thread accusing me of pointing somewhere else (I didn't. The thread was about an article on Corbyn and antisemitism by Peter Oborne. I linked previous comments from Mr Oborne and examples of Mr Corbyn's antisemitism, so both related to this thread) and you then proceed to edit the thread and point somewhere else (in this instance AntiFa).

That lack of self awareness can't be easy to consistently display mate.

No, you've steadfastly tried to steer away from the article.

Try actually engaging with the content rather than the ad hominem stuff and whataboutery.

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:21 - Jun 6 with 1520 viewstractordownsouth

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 15:07 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness, I wasn't aware of the first 3 or 4 of those things when i wrote the above post, but yeah they're pretty awful and lead to only one conclusion.

Either way, I'm glad he's now out.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:24 - Jun 6 with 1497 viewsDarth_Koont

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:21 - Jun 6 by tractordownsouth

In fairness, I wasn't aware of the first 3 or 4 of those things when i wrote the above post, but yeah they're pretty awful and lead to only one conclusion.

Either way, I'm glad he's now out.

What conclusion is that?

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:38 - Jun 6 with 1469 viewsWD19

Killing Jeremy Corbyn on 17:24 - Jun 6 by Darth_Koont

What conclusion is that?

Oooh...oooh...oooh.....

Is the the answer “a pathetic waste of space without a leadership bone in his body?”

Is it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024