Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park 14:22 - Jun 5 with 4452 viewsLibero

Mate of mine who now lives in Oz just posted this online.

Thought I'd pass on the good word.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:40]
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:37 - Jun 5 with 2784 viewsbluelagos

Pretty sure it's been moved to Cardinal park so they can social distance better than would have been possible near Cornhill. Couple of articles in the local press.

Edit - Christchurch park not Cardinal park.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-black-lives-matter-protest-christchurch-park
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:42]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:39 - Jun 5 with 2776 viewsLibero

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:37 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

Pretty sure it's been moved to Cardinal park so they can social distance better than would have been possible near Cornhill. Couple of articles in the local press.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-black-lives-matter-protest-christchurch-park

Ah, apologies. He was copying straight off some webpage somewhere.

Well corrected that man. I'll edit the title.
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:39 - Jun 5 with 2773 viewstextbackup

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:37 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

Christchurch park its been moved to for social distancing

however, a few on FB suggesting its been moved there to mute them to keep the message away from the eyes of people in the town centre

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:41 - Jun 5 with 2762 viewsbluelagos

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:39 - Jun 5 by textbackup

however, a few on FB suggesting its been moved there to mute them to keep the message away from the eyes of people in the town centre

Yep sorry - Christchurch park. thx.

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:41 - Jun 5 with 2759 viewsLibero

Gave it a Google, it's now at Christchurch Park, which doesn't really seem right, but there we go.
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:44 - Jun 5 with 2734 viewsbluelagos

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:41 - Jun 5 by Libero

Gave it a Google, it's now at Christchurch Park, which doesn't really seem right, but there we go.

Yeah - the organiser moved it according to the article in the paper yesterday. She was keen to ensure social distancing which seems very responsible in the circumstances.

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 14:49 - Jun 5 with 2705 viewsbournemouthblue

I have a mate who is going along to it, not to support it but to be offended by it, which doesn't seem a great policy to me

He's right leaning and gets offended at what he considers over equality

It never occurred to me that the far right had feelings too, bless 'em!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:50 - Jun 5 with 2695 viewsLibero

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:44 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

Yeah - the organiser moved it according to the article in the paper yesterday. She was keen to ensure social distancing which seems very responsible in the circumstances.

It does, however I have to say that the protest being out of town and out of view of the general public is somewhat ironic.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 14:51 - Jun 5 with 2688 viewsLibero

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 14:49 - Jun 5 by bournemouthblue

I have a mate who is going along to it, not to support it but to be offended by it, which doesn't seem a great policy to me

What a f*cking berk.
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 14:52 - Jun 5 with 2682 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 14:49 - Jun 5 by bournemouthblue

Is he middle class and white?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:28 - Jun 5 with 2581 viewsSteve_M

Have yo suggested that he stop being such a snowflake?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:31 - Jun 5 with 2568 viewsBlueBadger

We're having one in riot-torn Glemsford tomorrow. I kid you not.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:38 - Jun 5 with 2547 viewsjeera

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:31 - Jun 5 by BlueBadger

We're having one in riot-torn Glemsford tomorrow. I kid you not.

I might pop up there to see what the hoes vs pitchfork count is.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 15:39 - Jun 5 with 2541 viewsjeera

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:39 - Jun 5 by textbackup

That sounds about right and detracts from the whole point.

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:42 - Jun 5 with 2523 viewsbournemouthblue

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:28 - Jun 5 by Steve_M

Have yo suggested that he stop being such a snowflake?

That will confuse him!

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:43 - Jun 5 with 2521 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:38 - Jun 5 by jeera

I might pop up there to see what the hoes vs pitchfork count is.

We don't call women that anymore Jeera.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:45 - Jun 5 with 2517 viewsbournemouthblue

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 14:52 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Is he middle class and white?

Working class but well paid

Thinks all problems are down to immigration

He genuinely said to me that left wing rioters are more violent that right wing protestors and they cause less trouble

Of course they do sugar!

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:48 - Jun 5 with 2500 viewsLibero

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:45 - Jun 5 by bournemouthblue

Working class but well paid

Thinks all problems are down to immigration

He genuinely said to me that left wing rioters are more violent that right wing protestors and they cause less trouble

Of course they do sugar!

If it helps, I've got some t0sser mates who believe the world is flat, that space is fake and that Alex Jones is a credible news source...

Thankfully they're bloody good blokes who when you can get past the brain washing are lovely people, but Christ does it make a pub sesh difficult after the third or so beer.

Have to admit though I'd find what your mate say's harder to laugh off.
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:50 - Jun 5 with 2487 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:48 - Jun 5 by Libero

If it helps, I've got some t0sser mates who believe the world is flat, that space is fake and that Alex Jones is a credible news source...

Thankfully they're bloody good blokes who when you can get past the brain washing are lovely people, but Christ does it make a pub sesh difficult after the third or so beer.

Have to admit though I'd find what your mate say's harder to laugh off.

Space is fake?!

I have so many questions.

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:52 - Jun 5 with 2479 viewsLibero

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:50 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Space is fake?!

I have so many questions.

Oh aye, NASA are frauds mate.

It's actually incredibly interesting nonsense, but after you've heard it, you've heard it.
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 15:53 - Jun 5 with 2464 viewsblueislander

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 14:50 - Jun 5 by Libero

It does, however I have to say that the protest being out of town and out of view of the general public is somewhat ironic.

Since when has Christchurch Park been out of town? It’s about a 5 minute walk from Cornhill. (And one minute from The Greyhound.)
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 15:55 - Jun 5 with 2458 viewsLibero

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 15:53 - Jun 5 by blueislander

Since when has Christchurch Park been out of town? It’s about a 5 minute walk from Cornhill. (And one minute from The Greyhound.)

I think you're taking what I said a bit literally there.

What I was trying to convey is that placing the protest in the park moves it from the public's gaze somewhat, albeit minorly.
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 15:58 - Jun 5 with 2439 viewsblueislander

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Town Hall on 15:55 - Jun 5 by Libero

I think you're taking what I said a bit literally there.

What I was trying to convey is that placing the protest in the park moves it from the public's gaze somewhat, albeit minorly.

If it is at the town end of the park it will be heard in the town center, and those that want to attend can easily do so.
Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 16:00 - Jun 5 with 2430 viewsjeera

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:43 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

We don't call women that anymore Jeera.

Times are moving too fast for me.

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 16:09 - Jun 5 with 2401 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich Black Lives Matters Protest, 14:00 tomorrow, Christchurch Park on 15:52 - Jun 5 by Libero

Oh aye, NASA are frauds mate.

It's actually incredibly interesting nonsense, but after you've heard it, you've heard it.

Can you give me a rough overview of how he accounts for the night sky and the stars? Some kind of projections?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024