Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic 15:23 - Jun 5 with 1602 viewsjasondozzell

https://theathletic.com/1847065/2020/06/05/nigel-clough-burton-resign-coronaviru

I still hope Lambert can get us going as I think he did some good things in a difficult situation and has integrity, but if he did go Clough would be a great fit. Has Ipswich Town values! Would build a side on a budget and fits the club.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:31]
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:38 - Jun 5 with 1551 viewsLibero

Cheers for that, I'll give it a read as their content is absolutely top notch and after a recent thread on here I was still none the wiser as to why so many people rate him as a good fit for here.

I'm sure I'll be significantly more well informed after reading said article.
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:41 - Jun 5 with 1548 viewsBlueBadger

Couple of points -Firstly, been thinking about an Athletic sub for a while - would you say it's worth it? I'e been impressed with the stable of writers they've managed to accrue

'Good' things Lambert did in a difficult situation to make it better:

1. Bought drinks
2. Nice interviews
3. Bought a few club legends nice dinners
4. Somehow managed to convince ME that he was worth a five year contract

Bad things things Lambert did to make a difficult situation worse

1. Be unable to settle on a first XI
2. Be unable to settle a formation
3. Settle on a pattern of play
4. Motivated a side to finish above crisis stricken Bolton
5. Be unable to get the side with the highest wage bill in League One promoted
6. Fail to resign after the above.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:41 - Jun 5 with 1546 viewsSwansea_Blue

I am also none the wiser why people rate him for here. I could well be stuck in the past and have crazy views though, like thinking we need someone to get us challenging for a shot at the PL again. I know, deluded.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:43 - Jun 5 with 1543 viewsLibero

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:41 - Jun 5 by BlueBadger

Couple of points -Firstly, been thinking about an Athletic sub for a while - would you say it's worth it? I'e been impressed with the stable of writers they've managed to accrue

1. Bought drinks
2. Nice interviews

You can get a free trial if you use the code off the Tifo YouTube mate.

Just check details in their latest podcast description.
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:43 - Jun 5 with 1538 viewstractorboy1978

I don't think Lambert has done anything good on the pitch has he?
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:48 - Jun 5 with 1533 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:43 - Jun 5 by tractorboy1978

I don't think Lambert has done anything good on the pitch has he?

He got us playing better last season that Hurst did at times, but without results. This season, no. It's been a bit of a mess sadly despite nicking results early in the season (we had the odd 45 minutes that looked good). Been all downhill from Jan though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:57 - Jun 5 with 1502 viewsjasondozzell

1. Bought drinks
2. Nice interviews

I had a brief trial sub with The Athletic. Would def recommend - some excellent journalism and model means they go beyond the usual prem league fare in papers. For some reason I've still got access despite trial finishing- I dont know if it's free during pandemic?

Lambert has made mistakes and it's been a terribly poor season. But I don't think it's fair to write himtotally off. Problems at club go beyond just management. I think he needs better coaching staff. His eye for a player good when he's allowed to use funds.
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:58 - Jun 5 with 1500 viewsjasondozzell

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:38 - Jun 5 by Libero

Cheers for that, I'll give it a read as their content is absolutely top notch and after a recent thread on here I was still none the wiser as to why so many people rate him as a good fit for here.

I'm sure I'll be significantly more well informed after reading said article.

Very eye opening piece in terms of how he's been up against it at each of his clubs. Very likeable and I think would be great here!
Login to get fewer ads

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 16:00 - Jun 5 with 1494 viewsBlueBadger

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 15:57 - Jun 5 by jasondozzell

I had a brief trial sub with The Athletic. Would def recommend - some excellent journalism and model means they go beyond the usual prem league fare in papers. For some reason I've still got access despite trial finishing- I dont know if it's free during pandemic?

Lambert has made mistakes and it's been a terribly poor season. But I don't think it's fair to write himtotally off. Problems at club go beyond just management. I think he needs better coaching staff. His eye for a player good when he's allowed to use funds.

He's been failing in various jobs for 8+ years now, I don't think needs better coaches, he needs to be a better manager and it's probably too late for him to start now.
And also, Jewell could spot a player when he had funds. Even Keane, occasionally. It didn't make either competent.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 16:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 21:43 - Jun 5 with 1339 viewsHullblue

1. Bought drinks
2. Nice interviews

The only thing regrettable about The Athletic is that I don’t have time to read everything I want to read. Top notch.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 00:32 - Jun 6 with 1237 viewsLibero

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 21:43 - Jun 5 by Hullblue

The only thing regrettable about The Athletic is that I don’t have time to read everything I want to read. Top notch.

You should check out Tifo, they do some great podcasts and are now part of the Athletic so quite often their content goes hand in hand.

I tend to listen to their podcast when cooking or tidying up the kitchen, makes it easier to digest the wide range of subjects they cover IMO.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 0:34]
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 11:41 - Jun 6 with 1092 viewspatrickswell

1. Bought drinks
2. Nice interviews

We need a new manager because if football is cyclical, well we’ve already had Keane MKII (lousy man-management, lousy transfer business, sold a striker he shouldn’t have and a desperately poor start to a season) and we’re currently in the middle of Jewell MKII (constant tinkering, lack of a plan, inability to stick to a line-up, lengthy losing run, spouts nonsense in press conferences) so hopefully we’ll get McCarthy MKII next, albeit at a lower level and do enough under Evans to chase the promised land of 21st place in the Championship while overachieving to reach the Everest of 15th place.
Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 14:47 - Jun 6 with 1025 viewsHullblue

Great piece on Nigel Clough on The Athletic on 00:32 - Jun 6 by Libero

You should check out Tifo, they do some great podcasts and are now part of the Athletic so quite often their content goes hand in hand.

I tend to listen to their podcast when cooking or tidying up the kitchen, makes it easier to digest the wide range of subjects they cover IMO.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 0:34]

Thanks Lib - I’ll give that a go!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024