Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those lovely travellers have returned 18:19 - Jun 5 with 1378 viewsgtsb1966

to a nice quiet housing estate in Sudbury. I watched them pull up outside the green area where children play and the residents walk their dogs. A couple of them then got out of their vans and calmy chainsawed the wooden posts put up to keep vehicles out. The police arrive but can do nothing. If I'd have done that i would be in a cell now charged with vandalism. It happens every year. Why oh why dont the council put metal posts in. It must cost them a fortune to evict them and clean up all the mess they leave behind.
Those lovely travellers have returned on 19:06 - Jun 5 with 1279 viewsEireannach_gorm

Do like we did in Ireland and change your Housing Act.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2002/act/9/section/24/enacted/en/html
Those lovely travellers have returned on 23:35 - Jun 5 with 1123 viewsClapham_Junction

Police do have powers to evict them but can only do so if criminal behaviour is happening, or in cases where "behaviour or conduct is considered to be inappropriate, or where the impact of an encampment on others is deemed unacceptable."

TBH even if the council installed metal poles, they'd probably just use an angle grinder instead.
Those lovely travellers have returned on 00:11 - Jun 6 with 1094 viewsfloridablue

I have no idea of your particular green lay out where these 'travelers' are camping and why the police cannot instantly move them on but surely you locals could band together and make it as miserable as possible for them like getting a farmer to spread manure/muck etc close by. Good luck as this is something that really bugs me.
Those lovely travellers have returned on 00:19 - Jun 6 with 1077 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Those lovely travellers have returned on 19:06 - Jun 5 by Eireannach_gorm

Do like we did in Ireland and change your Housing Act.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2002/act/9/section/24/enacted/en/html

Unauthorised traveller camp set up on site of Rayleigh coronavirus testing centre in Essex
20 vans!
Next to Covid19 test site.

Must be getting ready for the summer holiday season -not getting any cash though!
Those lovely travellers have returned on 00:58 - Jun 6 with 1047 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dear Concerned, Sudbury,
Why oh why.....?....angle grinders. Metal posts would cost more to replace.
Yours,
Disgruntled,
Tunbridge Wells.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Those lovely travellers have returned on 01:02 - Jun 6 with 1030 viewsjeera

Those lovely travellers have returned on 00:58 - Jun 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Dear Concerned, Sudbury,
Why oh why.....?....angle grinders. Metal posts would cost more to replace.
Yours,
Disgruntled,
Tunbridge Wells.

Reinforced concrete posts are the best bet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Those lovely travellers have returned on 08:42 - Jun 6 with 849 viewsElephantintheRoom

There have been some equally un-neighbourly thoughts from the good folk of Saffron Walden about a group taking up residence in the grounds of an ex- school long earmarked to become a massive housing estate, with no school for the hundreds of extra kids to go to..

Outraged citizens keep asking if the travellers are still there from their keyboards.

I suspect that the council will now agree to more houses being shoehorned in to stop the locals being outraged.

And the locals will be outraged.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024