Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another 357 deaths today 19:37 - Jun 5 with 5562 viewsitfcjoe

Just crazy numbers still dying on a daily basis.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another 357 deaths today on 19:49 - Jun 5 with 3205 viewsTrequartista

Hard to tell if the number has been inflated by adding in some historic care home deaths as there were 'only' 19 hospital deaths in England yesterday.

That's not to say the figures aren't horrific and it makes them no better no matter when the death occurred, but more in hope the current rate is dropping and not picking up again.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Another 357 deaths today on 19:54 - Jun 5 with 3170 viewslinhdi

Another 357 deaths today on 19:49 - Jun 5 by Trequartista

Hard to tell if the number has been inflated by adding in some historic care home deaths as there were 'only' 19 hospital deaths in England yesterday.

That's not to say the figures aren't horrific and it makes them no better no matter when the death occurred, but more in hope the current rate is dropping and not picking up again.

The number for yesterday will increase quite a bit in the next week or two. It seems to be taking forever for the week by week numbers to come down much. We're now registering more than the EU 27 combined.
Another 357 deaths today on 21:23 - Jun 5 with 3036 viewsIllinoisblue

In the months and years to come hopefully we’ll get a full analysis of each country’s data and variables used.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another 357 deaths today on 21:29 - Jun 5 with 3011 viewsvapour_trail

Another 357 deaths today on 21:23 - Jun 5 by Illinoisblue

In the months and years to come hopefully we’ll get a full analysis of each country’s data and variables used.

Well get fudge and cover up for a dullard electorate that will move happily on.

In the meantime, stay alert.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Another 357 deaths today on 21:30 - Jun 5 with 2997 viewsjeera

It's the reported numbers isn't it, but as you say, they're still real deaths, even if spread over a few days, they all add to the total.

I popped to the local Co op yesterday and some American woman was very loudly proclaiming - standing there taking up an entire aisle whilst verbally pinning down her audience of a staff member and another customer - that the "Virus isn't real, it's made-up", followed by "it's no worse than a cough or cold".

I suppose she's seen a few videos online and decided the whole thing is a hoax.

It's amazing these people still exist.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Another 357 deaths today on 21:38 - Jun 5 with 2976 viewsIllinoisblue

Another 357 deaths today on 21:29 - Jun 5 by vapour_trail

Well get fudge and cover up for a dullard electorate that will move happily on.

In the meantime, stay alert.

I don’t get how this c**t’s daily lies aren’t given more media exposure and scrutiny. He’s been spinning this yarn for weeks and it’s not remotely close to being true.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another 357 deaths today on 07:40 - Jun 6 with 2718 viewsGlasgowBlue

Joe, I’m sure you know that is the number is registered deaths. Some of these go back four weeks.

Picking one day’s numbers isn’t helpful. You should look at the 7 day average. Two weeks ago the 7 day average number of reported deaths was 342, today it is 238, a decrease of 30%. Still 238 too many but these posts are misleading.

The numbers are coming down in deaths, hospital admissions and infections. Too slowly for sure but it’s coming down.

This isn't a defence government policy of the government in general. Just trying to out the facts out there rather than constantly look for doom and gloom.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 8:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another 357 deaths today on 08:22 - Jun 6 with 2650 viewsmikeybloo88

Would still like to see the death figures reported in more detail....care homes vs other on a daily basis, and a weekly breakdown by age group, sex, region. Maybe there is somewhere this is already reported that I don't know about?
Login to get fewer ads

Another 357 deaths today on 08:28 - Jun 6 with 2623 viewsElephantintheRoom

At the risk of stating the obvious yet again you are simply falling for this dishonest government's cynical decision to announce 'recorded deaths' as it 'flattens the curve'

Not one of those 357 deaths will have occurred yesterday - and some will have been in April.

The government will know how many people are dying daily now because it IS possible to know whether someone is alive or dead. ... and based on actual people dying they have decided to let people risk their lives again on the high alter of the economy.

Interesting to note that kick starting the economy involves a certain amount of risk.... gratuitous bandwagon jumping with mass demonstrations involves a huge amount of risk

BUT the good thing about ending the fake lock down is that it will involve local lock downs where the infection rate is actually quite high - which is good whichever way you look at it.... who knows they may even try a genuine local lock down and attempt to contain the infection where it is actually occurring. And that is good too.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Another 357 deaths today on 08:38 - Jun 6 with 2614 viewsMullet

Another 357 deaths today on 07:40 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Joe, I’m sure you know that is the number is registered deaths. Some of these go back four weeks.

Picking one day’s numbers isn’t helpful. You should look at the 7 day average. Two weeks ago the 7 day average number of reported deaths was 342, today it is 238, a decrease of 30%. Still 238 too many but these posts are misleading.

The numbers are coming down in deaths, hospital admissions and infections. Too slowly for sure but it’s coming down.

This isn't a defence government policy of the government in general. Just trying to out the facts out there rather than constantly look for doom and gloom.

I wouldn’t trust a word Sikora types. He’s been banging the drum for positivity since day one and getting it massively wrong. Loads of medical professionals have been berating him and he seems to have used this pandemic to further his profile. Plus he won’t engage in anything which criticises him even a tiny bit - he’s the perfect Tory sock puppet.

That particular tweet is radically reasonable for him.

You’re right that averages give a better picture, but I challenge anyone not to be aware that what has happened in this country is criminally negligent and incompetence writ large. It almost doesn’t matter what the number is, it’s going to be too high and has been too high for weeks.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Another 357 deaths today on 08:42 - Jun 6 with 2583 viewsgordon

Another 357 deaths today on 07:40 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Not sure Karol Sikora is the best place to look if you're interesting in outing the facts....
Another 357 deaths today on 08:44 - Jun 6 with 2569 viewsgordon

Another 357 deaths today on 08:38 - Jun 6 by Mullet

I wouldn’t trust a word Sikora types. He’s been banging the drum for positivity since day one and getting it massively wrong. Loads of medical professionals have been berating him and he seems to have used this pandemic to further his profile. Plus he won’t engage in anything which criticises him even a tiny bit - he’s the perfect Tory sock puppet.

You’re right that averages give a better picture, but I challenge anyone not to be aware that what has happened in this country is criminally negligent and incompetence writ large. It almost doesn’t matter what the number is, it’s going to be too high and has been too high for weeks.

His graph is still designed to make the fall in deaths look steeper than it actually is.
Another 357 deaths today on 08:44 - Jun 6 with 2568 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another 357 deaths today on 08:42 - Jun 6 by gordon

Not sure Karol Sikora is the best place to look if you're interesting in outing the facts....

He linked the chart from NHS England. Are you suggesting that chart is incorrect?

Ignore who linked the chart.

Iron Lion Zion

Another 357 deaths today on 08:46 - Jun 6 with 2559 viewsMullet

Another 357 deaths today on 08:44 - Jun 6 by gordon

His graph is still designed to make the fall in deaths look steeper than it actually is.

Yeah I checked it against our world in data.com which is far better and the comparison and lack of highlighting on the last parts, shows he’s only doctoring it a bit.

Another 357 deaths today on 08:50 - Jun 6 with 2540 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I really don't understand this constant resistance to any positivity. A large amount of what he posts is simply a rational explanation of the figures, which the media (funnily enough) misrepresents most of the time to elevate levels of fear and make things seem as bad as possible.

As soon as someone dares to question the mainstream narrative and present information in a different way they are shot down or 'shouldn't be trusted' etc. And of course, no one can take a more positive approach of things unless they have a hidden agenda.

What do people have to gain from crapping on anything/anyone that isn't being doom and gloom all the time?

Edit - 'It almost doesn’t matter what the number is, it’s going to be too high and has been too high for weeks'... So we shouldn't be positive about the numbers coming down, because they were too high to begin with?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 8:54]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Another 357 deaths today on 08:53 - Jun 6 with 2519 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm not disagreeing with your final paragraph but there is too much negative spin being put out with misleading figures, despite those who are putting them out there knowing they are being dishonest. That is poor in my opinion. There is more than enough as a whole to be negative about without blatant negative propaganda.

Another one I see doing he rounds is that one one day this week we had more deaths than the whole of the EU.

Again, these people are aware that Span has been misreporting deaths so that on one day there 247 deaths in Spain and the next day zero. We are also told we are three weeks behind the likes of Spain and Italy.

It's grim out there and the government is making a complete bollox of easing the lockdown. Boris has gone missing and we have no leadership. Plenty of reasons to be negative and no need to make up negative propaganda.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 8:55]

Iron Lion Zion

Another 357 deaths today on 08:54 - Jun 6 with 2506 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another 357 deaths today on 08:44 - Jun 6 by gordon

It's not his chart.

Iron Lion Zion

Another 357 deaths today on 09:02 - Jun 6 with 2462 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I saw that the actual deaths in the last 10 days announced were 170, and the rest were backdated. Still too high, obviously.

The rolling 7 day average for cases is hovering around 2k and the rolling seven day average for deaths is around 170.

It still needs to come down, and these numbers will start to rise probably in early July, especially in the north when the shops reopen.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Another 357 deaths today on 09:02 - Jun 6 with 2461 viewsMullet

Another 357 deaths today on 08:50 - Jun 6 by ThisIsMyUsername

I really don't understand this constant resistance to any positivity. A large amount of what he posts is simply a rational explanation of the figures, which the media (funnily enough) misrepresents most of the time to elevate levels of fear and make things seem as bad as possible.

As soon as someone dares to question the mainstream narrative and present information in a different way they are shot down or 'shouldn't be trusted' etc. And of course, no one can take a more positive approach of things unless they have a hidden agenda.

What do people have to gain from crapping on anything/anyone that isn't being doom and gloom all the time?

Edit - 'It almost doesn’t matter what the number is, it’s going to be too high and has been too high for weeks'... So we shouldn't be positive about the numbers coming down, because they were too high to begin with?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 8:54]

Because he seems to be doing it to get his cancer hospitals back, has a dodgy track record going back years and is giving people false hope and sense of security.

If there were tens of people agreeing with him and not loads of Drs getting blocked and losing their rag with him, I’d agree. He seems to be being very exploitative.

If we were driving numbers down and had success like the countries with much lower deaths you’d be right to be positive. You’d also not see him stand out quite so much. The time for “get behind the government” is long gone, they took the piss out of us all as a nation and have dithered their way into killing people and making far too many suffer.

Have a little dig into Sikora and you’ll see your middle paragraph is way off. His vested interests in private cancer treatment alone make it hard to accept he’s not another rich man desperate to get his business back. A pandemic provides lots of sick people after all.

As for your last question, there’s being doom and gloom and there’s not being manipulated into seeing that this country has been ruined by this government for years now, and COVID 19 has exposed just how badly. Sikora’s push for exit strategies from the off were widely panned for good reason, it seems he hasn’t stopped there.

Another 357 deaths today on 09:07 - Jun 6 with 2429 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Another 357 deaths today on 08:54 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

It's not his chart.

Surely the chart is hugely misleading though as the delay in reporting means anything from the last 30 or so days, and particularly the last 2 weeks, will be incomplete?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Another 357 deaths today on 09:11 - Jun 6 with 2420 viewsMullet

Another 357 deaths today on 08:53 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not disagreeing with your final paragraph but there is too much negative spin being put out with misleading figures, despite those who are putting them out there knowing they are being dishonest. That is poor in my opinion. There is more than enough as a whole to be negative about without blatant negative propaganda.

Another one I see doing he rounds is that one one day this week we had more deaths than the whole of the EU.

Again, these people are aware that Span has been misreporting deaths so that on one day there 247 deaths in Spain and the next day zero. We are also told we are three weeks behind the likes of Spain and Italy.

It's grim out there and the government is making a complete bollox of easing the lockdown. Boris has gone missing and we have no leadership. Plenty of reasons to be negative and no need to make up negative propaganda.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 8:55]

It doesn’t really matter who we compare against the deaths total, per million etc. Are unacceptably high. If we take your Spain example, they still had 2-3 weeks minimum on us and we have failed to avoid what they’ve gone through as one of the worst hit.

They had a severe lockdown and their government apologised for their mistakes. The contrast in attitudes from that alone is why people urging positivity, especially Tories like Sikora are dangerous in my opinion.

The government are telling us to stay alert and people want comfort and complacency because it’s easier. If I check figures I tend to go through a handful of different websites, because the general pattern you get is more accurate. From what I can see this morning we are still struggling badly.

At least the good weather means people might be less inclined to be so reckless for a time and help ease the infections and deaths into the summer months.

Another 357 deaths today on 09:11 - Jun 6 with 2418 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another 357 deaths today on 09:07 - Jun 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely the chart is hugely misleading though as the delay in reporting means anything from the last 30 or so days, and particularly the last 2 weeks, will be incomplete?

These are only hospital deaths.

Iron Lion Zion

Another 357 deaths today on 09:13 - Jun 6 with 2407 viewsgordon

Another 357 deaths today on 09:07 - Jun 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, that's one of the tricks - the other is to exclude non-hospital settings. Deaths in care homes peaked later than hospitals so would make the decline from the peak look much slower.
Another 357 deaths today on 09:19 - Jun 6 with 2395 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another 357 deaths today on 09:13 - Jun 6 by gordon

Yes, that's one of the tricks - the other is to exclude non-hospital settings. Deaths in care homes peaked later than hospitals so would make the decline from the peak look much slower.

It clearly states at the top of the graph that it is "Covid deaths in hospital by date of death. England"
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:19]

Iron Lion Zion

Another 357 deaths today on 09:21 - Jun 6 with 2384 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Another 357 deaths today on 09:11 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

These are only hospital deaths.

Reporting of hospital deaths is still delayed though, isn’t it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024