Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of my best friends has passed away 22:43 - Jun 5 with 8564 viewsDanTheMan

30 years old. No idea what's happened.

Feel kinda numb. Not even sure why I'm posting this.

How's everyone else's evening?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

One of my best friends has passed away on 22:45 - Jun 5 with 5088 viewsreusersfreekicks

So sorry to hear that Dan. At such a young age. Take care
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 22:48]
One of my best friends has passed away on 22:46 - Jun 5 with 5084 viewsPlums

Sorry to hear that mate, look after yourself.
DM if you want a chat.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

One of my best friends has passed away on 22:46 - Jun 5 with 5080 viewsWD19

We get it.
One of my best friends has passed away on 22:52 - Jun 5 with 5038 viewsgainsboroughblue

Christ. Must be a huge shock and totally surreal.

I'm assuming this has come completely out of the blue.

I can only offer my condolences and hope you are ok. Have you got someone with you?

Here for a DM anytime.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

One of my best friends has passed away on 22:53 - Jun 5 with 5020 viewsclive_baker

Sorry to hear that Dan. Horrible thing to go through and taken far too young.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One of my best friends has passed away on 22:53 - Jun 5 with 5018 viewsNewcyBlue

Condolences Dan, if you need anything you know where we all are.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

One of my best friends has passed away on 23:09 - Jun 5 with 4953 viewsEdwardStone

Really sorry to hear that Dan

Best wishes to you and all family and friends

30 is way too young
One of my best friends has passed away on 23:19 - Jun 5 with 4922 viewsjeera

That's horrible Dan.

Am sorry for him, his family and for his friends like you.

Condolences mate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

One of my best friends has passed away on 23:22 - Jun 5 with 4915 viewsFixed_It

That's just terrible. No words will help right now - must be a terrible shock. Take care, mate!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

One of my best friends has passed away on 23:30 - Jun 5 with 4882 viewsGuthrum

That's terrible news, all the more so as it sounds sudden and unexpected. Do look after yourself as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One of my best friends has passed away on 23:31 - Jun 5 with 4877 viewsJakeITFC

Fck sake mate, so sorry.

I'm 30 as of two months ago, and whilst I don't know anybody personally affected, this Covid stuff has really rammed home the fragility of life.

Please don't feel like you're putting anybody out by talking about it here.
One of my best friends has passed away on 23:37 - Jun 5 with 4862 viewsDanTheMan

Just want to say thanks for the kind words.

I have to call his mother tomorrow as she wants to hear stories about him.

Doesn't in any way feel real.

2020 can fooking do one.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

One of my best friends has passed away on 23:43 - Jun 5 with 4823 viewsitfcjoe

Man, sorry to hear this Dan.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One of my best friends has passed away on 23:49 - Jun 5 with 4801 viewsfactual_blue

That's terrible.

Hope you're OK.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One of my best friends has passed away on 00:11 - Jun 6 with 4751 viewsvapour_trail

Really sorry Dan, try and look after yourself and those around you.

Lots of love x

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

One of my best friends has passed away on 00:28 - Jun 6 with 4719 viewsLibero

That’s awful Dan, so young. I’m sorry for your loss.
One of my best friends has passed away on 00:41 - Jun 6 with 4696 viewsnorth_stand77

Very sorry to hear your sad news, must be a very nasty shock for you to lose your friend, especially as he's so young.
Look after yourself.
One of my best friends has passed away on 00:56 - Jun 6 with 4673 viewsSpruceMoose

Thar's awful Dan.

Very sorry to hear that.

Take care of yourself

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

One of my best friends has passed away on 02:41 - Jun 6 with 4622 viewsIPS_wich

Hey Dan - perhaps I can offer some helpful words as I've been there mate.

About 11-12 years ago - when I was 33/34 - my best friend from high school died of cancer. He had two boys under the age of 7 and a lovely wife.

It was so sudden - I got a message at work and I literally burst into tears and couldn't stop - I was shaking, unable to speak to 20 minutes. Colleagues got me safely home but I was numb.

The thing is, he'd had cancer in his early 20s, had beaten it and was in full remission - then it came back with speed and vengeance.

I had moved away from Ipswich in my early 20s, so I only saw him every six months, but we had a routine of a few beers, a game of pool, a big hug and lots of laughs.

When he died I felt huge regret that it had been seven months since I'd seen him last - I didn't even know the cancer was back.

The funeral is still probably the most harrowing day of my life - worse than my grandparent's funerals.

So - the helpful bit.

You will be told this but time is a great healer, it might seem a throw away statement - but it genuinely is. Once the initial shock goes, then the great memories take over. Yes, they will always be trapped in time, but you don't forget them in the way you forget so many other things. They become vivid, they make you smile and they make you laugh - as unlikely as that might seem right now.

My mate's wife decided to keep his Facebook page open. Once a year, all his mates get a message saying it's his birthday - and we all put on posts to wish him a happy birthday. And once a year someone will post on the anniversary of his death and we all raise a glass in his memory. Every time I will have a tear in my eye and big smile on my face (pretty much like I do as I type this).

Keep strong, don't be remotely afraid to express your feelings at this time - and trust me - you will never forget him.
One of my best friends has passed away on 02:50 - Jun 6 with 4605 viewsgainsboroughblue

One of my best friends has passed away on 02:41 - Jun 6 by IPS_wich

About 11-12 years ago - when I was 33/34 - my best friend from high school died of cancer. He had two boys under the age of 7 and a lovely wife.

It was so sudden - I got a message at work and I literally burst into tears and couldn't stop - I was shaking, unable to speak to 20 minutes. Colleagues got me safely home but I was numb.

The thing is, he'd had cancer in his early 20s, had beaten it and was in full remission - then it came back with speed and vengeance.

I had moved away from Ipswich in my early 20s, so I only saw him every six months, but we had a routine of a few beers, a game of pool, a big hug and lots of laughs.

When he died I felt huge regret that it had been seven months since I'd seen him last - I didn't even know the cancer was back.

The funeral is still probably the most harrowing day of my life - worse than my grandparent's funerals.

So - the helpful bit.

You will be told this but time is a great healer, it might seem a throw away statement - but it genuinely is. Once the initial shock goes, then the great memories take over. Yes, they will always be trapped in time, but you don't forget them in the way you forget so many other things. They become vivid, they make you smile and they make you laugh - as unlikely as that might seem right now.

My mate's wife decided to keep his Facebook page open. Once a year, all his mates get a message saying it's his birthday - and we all put on posts to wish him a happy birthday. And once a year someone will post on the anniversary of his death and we all raise a glass in his memory. Every time I will have a tear in my eye and big smile on my face (pretty much like I do as I type this).

Keep strong, don't be remotely afraid to express your feelings at this time - and trust me - you will never forget him.

Lovely words. Friends are truly the family you choose.

As harsh as it sounds, I have supposedly 'close' family members I would not bat an eyelid at if they passed away. I could name a dozen friends that if they died, I would be absolutely heartbroken.

I'll always remember a colleague at a place I worked at. Her best friend was killed in a car crash and was in absolute bits emotionally. Our boss wouldn't allow her the day off for the funeral (she went anyway in defiance) on the basis that it wasn't a blood relative. No amount of telling them that it isn't about what connects you to that person, it's who it is and what they mean to you would change their outlook.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 2:51]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

One of my best friends has passed away on 06:07 - Jun 6 with 4498 viewsCoastalblue

One of my best friends has passed away on 23:37 - Jun 5 by DanTheMan

Just want to say thanks for the kind words.

I have to call his mother tomorrow as she wants to hear stories about him.

Doesn't in any way feel real.

2020 can fooking do one.

Feel for you Dan, a horrible, horrible thing.

Speaking to his Mother will be a good thing to do, when I was in my early 20's my best friend aged 24 died in a road accident. A couple of days later I saw his Father and I just wanted to hide, couldn't face speaking to him. He came up to me and we did have a chat, one of the things he said to me was how nice it was to actually talk to someone because he'd seen people actually cross the road to avoid him, worried about what to say. That taught me a lesson there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

One of my best friends has passed away on 06:17 - Jun 6 with 4487 viewsm14_blue

So sorry to hear that Dan.
One of my best friends has passed away on 06:37 - Jun 6 with 4470 viewsbluelagos

One of my best friends has passed away on 02:41 - Jun 6 by IPS_wich

So - the helpful bit.

A lovely post.

Horrible news Dan, hope you can get through this horrible time and as described cherish the good memories you have of your friend. Thoughts with you.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

One of my best friends has passed away on 06:49 - Jun 6 with 4457 viewsGlasgowBlue

That’s awful. And such a young age. Condolences to you Dan.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One of my best friends has passed away on 07:31 - Jun 6 with 4385 viewsKeno

Thoughts are with you Dan

there is a lot of people who will help if you need an ear to talk to a shoulder to lean on

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024