Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? 22:23 - Jun 6 with 960 viewshector_clifford

Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 08:08 - Jun 7 with 820 viewsElephantintheRoom

He may not have been everyone's favorite but Steve McCall played as many times as Frans Thijssen that season - and far more than George Burley

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 08:29 - Jun 7 with 793 viewssohamblue74

Tough to choose from so many greats. Butcher was my favourite at the time. But looking back it has to be Wark for all his goals from midfield, especially in the European games. Plus the mumbled line he had in escape to victory!
Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 08:52 - Jun 7 with 774 viewseastangliaisblue

Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 08:29 - Jun 7 by sohamblue74

Tough to choose from so many greats. Butcher was my favourite at the time. But looking back it has to be Wark for all his goals from midfield, especially in the European games. Plus the mumbled line he had in escape to victory!

For me John Wark has got to be the greatest player we have ever had.
Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 09:51 - Jun 7 with 745 viewsmikeybloo88

Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 08:08 - Jun 7 by ElephantintheRoom

He may not have been everyone's favorite but Steve McCall played as many times as Frans Thijssen that season - and far more than George Burley

McCall was a very important part of that season, often undervalued, maybe as he wasn't as stylish as the others and just a good, solid utility player. My favourite ever Town player was Mariner, but have to say that in that season Johnny Wark was just phenomenal imo so gets my vote.
Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 09:55 - Jun 7 with 737 viewsShawsey

Mick Mills for me. What a calm player. Never flustered. Quality.
Who is your favourite outfield Town player from the great 1980/81 season? on 12:38 - Jun 7 with 675 viewsTractorgirlforever

I was a huge fan of eric gates , but the whole squad was quality, very hard to choose as they all played such important parts in their different roles. I was 13 at the time and just remember eric gates being like a terrier, also scored some really important goals .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024