Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Days go by - The Sebby Diaries 12:00 - Jun 7 with 1365 viewsNewcyBlue

That’s another leave done. I’ve been home longer this time. It’s been a strange one. You will remember the Coronavirus that gave us the lockdown in 2020. It kept me home for longer. It kept us from doing the things we enjoy, swimming, cinema, eating out, etc.

We found new ways to enjoy being together. Cycling was one. It’s been fun helping you learn to ride, gain confidence, and to ride with you. Your confidence grew in many other areas. We’ve been cooking together, which you have absolutely loved. We also did school work together.

You’re excited for your brother or your sister coming, you say you think it’s a brother. What we didn’t tell you was you’ll have two siblings. We won’t be finding out if they are boys or girls until they are born. Another little surprise.

I’m going to be going from Spain to West Africa this time. It means African pirates will be a hazard once more. Otherwise it will be the same routine for me. Work sleep eat repeat. We’ve been told if we need medication, to take an additional 3 months worth. Just in case.

I’m packing now, I always seem to leave it to the last minute. It’s not a task I enjoy, or am particularly good at. I like my home comforts, so I take with me the washing tablets we use at home (which helps keep things smelling like home), I bring some supplements with me because the food on board is usually pretty terrible.

I also take my own protective equipment with me, mainly a good pair of safety boots and a couple of pairs of proper leather riggers gloves. The PPE we have on board is substandard. The company have been told, but they don’t really care. It all comes down to budget.

I am due home in October. I hope that we can do normal things like swimming when I am home.

Obviously the twins will come too. It’s going to be wonderful that our family grows, you can be sure that I will always make time for just us. Doing our stuff.

I sometimes worry about the age gap there will be, but I know that MrsN and I will be able to guide you through and help you grow.

I guess every parent feels nervous when they’re expecting another child. I’ll always be there for you to talk to.

MrsN woke me up just after 0530. She was crying. She’s not looking forward to me going. I’m surprised too, she hates my snoring. This is the worst bit about going. The build up. The anticipation. The knowing it’s approaching quicker and quicker.

On that note, I’ll see you soon.

I love you son.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 12:27 - Jun 7 with 1316 viewsGuthrum

I wouldn't worry too much about age gaps between siblings. I'm seven years older than my brother, there's about the same from my nieces down to my nephew. All always got on fine.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 13:13 - Jun 7 with 1249 viewsPendejo

Fare thee well!

Will WhatsApp you pics of the "granddad" if I go down that route for you to take the pish.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 13:19 - Jun 7 with 1239 viewsEwan_Oozami

Thoughts with you and yours NB...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 13:42 - Jun 7 with 1227 viewsfactual_blue

All the best, although I now have a probably entirely inappropriate image of an African pirate, with a tricorn hat, cutlass, jolly roger and an eyepatch.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 13:46 - Jun 7 with 1211 viewsEwan_Oozami

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 13:42 - Jun 7 by factual_blue

All the best, although I now have a probably entirely inappropriate image of an African pirate, with a tricorn hat, cutlass, jolly roger and an eyepatch.

Well, the arrrr number is increasing currently....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 13:54 - Jun 7 with 1207 viewsfactual_blue

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 13:46 - Jun 7 by Ewan_Oozami

Well, the arrrr number is increasing currently....

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 15:10 - Jun 7 with 1155 viewsBlueBadger

Stay safe at sea Nookers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 15:38 - Jun 7 with 1140 viewsjeera

Take it easy buh.

Drive carefully.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 15:51 - Jun 7 with 1133 viewsfactual_blue

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 15:38 - Jun 7 by jeera

Take it easy buh.

Drive carefully.

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 15:54 - Jun 7 with 1129 viewsWeWereZombies

October! That's a feck of a long time away. And just ask those Senegalese pirates if it is OK to listen to some Youssou N'Dour during your captivity, they will probably give you Djembe drum lessons...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 21:28 - Jun 7 with 1055 viewsNewcyBlue

Cheers all.

Today has been a bit of a weird day. It always is before I leave.

I don’t do well with people crying, MrsN has been crying on and off. She understands that we can’t have the current life we have without me doing this. So it’s just one of those things.

October is a long way away. If the whole world shuts down again I’ll be stuck on board.

We’ve not even gotten the cots or baby furniture yet. The idea is that I get home and buy and build it all straight away and then the twins come.

Guthers it’s good to know you’ve had positive experience of the age gap, I guess the worry is that Seb isn’t here full time.

Time for a shower and shave and a lie down. I don’t sleep too well the night before I leave.

MrsN wanted to drive me to the airport. I’ve said no and booked a taxi. She gets far too upset.

She is working from home on a digital project for the midwifery unit. Her boss has been very understanding. So hopefully she will get some work done to keep her mind off stuff tomorrow.

All the best everyone.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 21:42 - Jun 7 with 1043 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 21:28 - Jun 7 by NewcyBlue

Cheers all.

Today has been a bit of a weird day. It always is before I leave.

I don’t do well with people crying, MrsN has been crying on and off. She understands that we can’t have the current life we have without me doing this. So it’s just one of those things.

October is a long way away. If the whole world shuts down again I’ll be stuck on board.

We’ve not even gotten the cots or baby furniture yet. The idea is that I get home and buy and build it all straight away and then the twins come.

Guthers it’s good to know you’ve had positive experience of the age gap, I guess the worry is that Seb isn’t here full time.

Time for a shower and shave and a lie down. I don’t sleep too well the night before I leave.

MrsN wanted to drive me to the airport. I’ve said no and booked a taxi. She gets far too upset.

She is working from home on a digital project for the midwifery unit. Her boss has been very understanding. So hopefully she will get some work done to keep her mind off stuff tomorrow.

All the best everyone.

Thanks for another lovely read for our trip.up the A12....you wouldn't like me and Miss Slave...we may have had a little blub....soft southern fekkers.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 21:49 - Jun 7 with 1039 viewsjeera

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 21:42 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for another lovely read for our trip.up the A12....you wouldn't like me and Miss Slave...we may have had a little blub....soft southern fekkers.

You probably wear clothes outside in winter and everything.

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 22:55 - Jun 7 with 1001 viewsjeera

Days go by - The Sebby Diaries on 15:51 - Jun 7 by factual_blue

When I was a kid, the family went on a holiday to the Isle of Wight.

My dad and uncle took us out in a small boat to go fishing and somehow managed to allow us to drift into the shipping lanes.

Fecking great thing coming towards us with its horns bellowing out.

Pretty much as illustrated right there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024